Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A face only a mother could love

A face only a mother could love

Poor Zelda is having to take flagyl for an upset tummy. She really hates her pills (apparently they taste really bad). Anyway, after each dosing, the poor dear drools like a maniac for a minute to try to clear out the taste and I'm greeted with this darling face...

Next up, I really must try to get her "you just shoved a nasty tasting pill in my mouth and I'm not about to swallow it" face.

Aww. Although she's a drooling kitty in this pic I still find her to be very adorable. I hope her upset tummy gets better soon, and then she wont have to worry about those pills anymore. I hate giving my cats pills, they sorta get that face too.

It's Cujo-kitty! Just kidding. Zelda is beautiful even if she's a little drooly after her pills. I hope her tummy feels better soon!
    Oreo and Molly

Aw, poor girlie. She is still pretty, despite the foamy mouth. I hope her upset tummy feels better very soon.

Oh poor girl, she certainly doesn't like those!! She's a beautie anyway! Hope her tummy will get better soon!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

That's been Zelda's mildest case of after-pill drooly so far. She's got a week's worth of these pills to get through (of which this is only day three) and hopefully her tummy problems will be over and I'll be getting nice little poo logs from her instead of poo pancakes.

Also, the poor girl is having to go on a diet. In just a little over a week (with her tummy troubles), she put on a pound - so now she's a 10 lb. kitty. The vet assistant took a look at her and started feeling her tummy and asked me whether or not she was pregnant. I was all like "She'd better not be, because she's supposed to be fixed!" So the assistant brought in the vet to feel her tummy and be sure. The result: a suggestion that Zelda be put on diet food if she's gonna continue to eat like a little piggy.

If looks could kill!

I hope she's better soon and we can see some happier pictures!
    Nicole, Mini, Jasmine, Pickles, Tabasco, Schnaggles and Buffy

Poor baby ... that must be one BITTER pill!!!!
    Maybe you could cover it with a dab of peanut butter or other sticky food first?

Peanut butter, huh? I may try putting a tiny bit on her morning dose tomorrow. It might not go over to well, but it's worth a shot. The very first dose I gave her, I tried crushing up and mixing with some wet food. After a couple of licks, Zelda decided that she didn't want it anymore.

Aww poor Zelda.
    Maybe if she doesn't go for the peanut butter you could try wrapping the pill with some cheese.
    Hope you feel better soon sweetie.

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

Awww....my Abby does that too with any medications (pills and liquids). It's a drag, and I can't just give her a pill in food because she won't eat anything but dry cat food. Get well soon Zelda!

Why can't they make medicine that tastes like shrimp or tuna.
    Zelda, I hope you feel better soon.
    Steffi and Lovable

Poor Zelda! That's such a great girl for taking it at all. And you still look beautiful.
    Angela's beautiful furbabies, Wilber and Oreo.

"Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this." Anonymous

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats." Albert Schweitzer

A meow massages the heart. Stuart McMillan

Originally posted by Lacey
    nice little poo logs from her instead of poo pancakes.
    Does this indicate that an update of the Furminology Dictionary is in order?

Originally posted by sirrahbed
    Does this indicate that an update of the Furminology Dictionary is in order?
    Oh my! I suppose it does!