Thread: Can anyone tell me what these items are? Jewelery?

Can anyone tell me what these items are? Jewelery?

My dad showed me these yesterday. He said, "Do you know what these are?"

At first I thought they were clip earrings, but the part that would open and clip over the earlobe doesn't open, it is a solid piece. I asked him where he got them, he doesn't remember, he just found them on a shelf.

Completely not important, just curious is anyone has a guess.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DadsThings.jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	32.2 KB 
ID:	38197   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DadsThings2.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	24.3 KB 
ID:	38198   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DadsThings3.jpg 
Views:	163 
Size:	24.8 KB 
ID:	38199  
    "We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare and the love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made" - M. Facklam

"We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers and discoverers - thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses. Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams."- P.S. Beagle

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien

My first guess would be studs but I can't tell from the pic. Are there a bunch of seperate ones hung together on one string? THey are in pairs right? Maybe a pic of on of them seperately might help.
    Claudia

Quote Originally Posted by kitten645
    My first guess would be studs but I can't tell from the pic. Are there a bunch of seperate ones hung together on one string? THey are in pairs right? Maybe a pic of on of them seperately might help.
    Claudia
    Yes, they are all separate, hung on a string and yes, they are in pairs. Studs as in earrings? No, because there is no post to go through the ear or clip to open. They are basically like half a complete circle, nothing opens or moves. I'll tell him to take some more pictures.
    "We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare and the love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made" - M. Facklam

"We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers and discoverers - thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses. Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams."- P.S. Beagle

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien

I think they may be shoe decorations - one for each shoe? Several in a row on old-fashioned lace-up boots would look very decorative.
    Lilith Cherry
    "
    "Love never claims, it ever gives. Love ever suffers, never resents, never revenges itself." -Mahatma Gandhi

They look like charms for a charm bracelet or anklet to me.

RIP Dusty July 2 2007 RIP Sabrina June 16 2011 RIP Jack July 2 2013 RIP Bear July 5 2016 RIP Pooky June 23 2018. RIP Josh July 6 2019 RIP Cami January 6 2022

cuff link studs?
    joyce who has princess peanut, spokesdog for the catpack, mojo, magic, kira and squirty, members of the catpack, angel duke, a good dog who is missed and angel alex the wonder dog, handsome prince.

Looks like the things I would sew onto a collar of dress or something.

Quote Originally Posted by joycenalex
    cuff link studs?
    This is what I think they are as well.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Cuff link studs..that's what I meant when I said studs..sorry Does the post twist at all? If you put it thru a buttonhole, does the back twist to keep it from falling out?

No, the back doesn't twist at all. I thought they were cufflinks too, at first, but we couldn't get anything to move at all.

Now the shoelace idea is interesting .... hmmmm.

They look like buttons.

Quote Originally Posted by columbine
    They look like buttons.
    They do in a way.. but they'd have to be able to be twisted or something to go through the button hole easily and then not be able to slip out again...

Can you take them to an old time fabric store and see what they say?? The fabric stores usually know what to make heads or tails out of weird things like that. We have a Jo-Ann Fabric store. A Piece Goods store. Anna's Fabrics. Not sure if they care chains that are around the country or not.

Quote Originally Posted by columbine
    They look like buttons.
    Yep. That's exactly what I thought too.

I think those are decorative zipper pulls. Not sure though, some people came up with better suggestions but your guess is as good as mine.

They look like some sort of zipper pull to me too.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton