Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do you use in your litterboxes?

What do you use in your litterboxes?

Just a random question.

I use basic clay litter, and yeah, it stinks, lol.

What do you use to keep the smell down?

twitter.
    http://twitter.com/meganxxjo

now she's slowly opening
    new eyes.

I've been using crystals in my boxes since this summer. I've bought Mimi Crystals from Walmart, as well as Fresh Step Crystals. I like them both. It dries out the poop, the pee dries out as well, and makes cleaning the boxes a breeze (which is done at least once a day for all 10 boxes). There's hardly any dust either, which is a major plus. It may not mask odor right when the cats poop, but I can handle that.

I use Feline Pine. It does a good job with the smells and I just like the overall performance of the product.

I use the clumping special kitty kind at WalMart. I am THRILLED with it! For 7 bucks a box, it really does work great for me!

I HATE HATE HATE the smell of Fresh Step... It sticks to my skin, and I smell of it all day long Scoop away is the same way

The Wally Worlds newer kind, with Crystals, is also good if they dont have the kind I get

Thank you so much Michelle!

Please be responsible, spay and neuter your pets!

I've been BOO'd!!! Thanks Lori!

Wanted to add: I used to use the non clumping, and it was AWFUL! With 11+ boxes to clean twice a day, it STUNK and was just a mess to clean up.

I had to completely dump the boxes daily... It cost too much and was of no use to me! It made my life harder, and having to carry 10-15 bags of old litter outside everyday was a daunting task in itself, and when my Husband had to take them to the dump, he was infuriated He said he is going to use the potty bags as weights in his work out room

Thank you so much Michelle!

Please be responsible, spay and neuter your pets!

I've been BOO'd!!! Thanks Lori!

Been using Tidy Cat clumping litter for years. It makes a lot of dust, but my boxes all have hoods on them, so that keeps the dust down.

I use Yesterday's News. It's not "clumping," but the pellets swell when damp and can be scooped with a slotted scoop. Great odor control, light & easy to carry, and no dust.

When Smudge first moved in, he used Feline Pine. It would have been fine if I had hardwood floors, but I have carpets, and it just ended up everywhere. Yesterday's News doesn't get tracked around as much.

Love, Columbine

Feline Pine
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

I USE THE CLUMPING LITTER, USUALLY THE PET VALU OR THE PECETERA BRANDS!
    I WOULD USE THE MAX CAT, BUT WITH 6 LITTER BOXES AND THE GETTING THOSE BAGS TO THE HOTEL THIS WORKS OUT BETTER.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Tidy Cats Crystals. Works really well, keeps the odors at bay and locks in moisture. My cat loves it.

I wrote a review about it on my website.
    There is no such thing as failure, just learning experiences.

Right now I use three different brands but all clumping. I use Tiday Cats, Fresh Step and the Target Brand (Petcare or something like that). I like the Target stuff because it's just like Fresh Step without all the dust and overpowering scent. I think I may switch them all to that.

From Decker with Love

Dr. Elsey's Cat Attract litter. Just smells like fresh garden dirt.

They do make a shaker can of just the herbs that you can put into an unscented clumping litter, or to freshen the Cat Attract litter. Dunno if it works with regular clay litter though.

RIP Dusty July 2 2007 RIP Sabrina June 16 2011 RIP Jack July 2 2013 RIP Bear July 5 2016 RIP Pooky June 23 2018. RIP Josh July 6 2019 RIP Cami January 6 2022

I also use Walmart's brand Special Kitty Citrus & like it.. Now I also mix with Arm-n-Hammer Order Control too.. Works great for my bigg bunch of furrpurr babies..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

I use unscented(MollieRose has allergies)scoopable and I scoop twice a day to keep the odor at a minimum.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    We use the clumping litter - that old clay stuff is sooo nasty! Either Special Kitty from Walmart 28 lb box, or Sam's in the 40 lb bucket! It goes a long way - but then there is only one litter box for the 2 girls and it gets cleaned twice a day.