Thread: How are Covid restrictions in your area

Blog Entries

How are Covid restrictions in your area

Just wondering if everyone will be able to gather with their families on memorial day, up here my whole neboirhoood has gotten vaccinated so we are going to have a memorial block party, what are you doing for memorial day?

We do nothing. It seems to me that it is important to remember the departed constantly, and not only on the memorial day. Therefore, I see no reason to organize some kind of demonstration event.

Hi

I agree it weird to set a specific day for it because it's nice to remember them all the time.

Blog Entries

I agree

You know i agree. Its nice to remember them all the time.
    Taps across America sould be every day not just onece a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Furpup67 View Post
    Just wondering if everyone will be able to gather with their families on memorial day, up here my whole neboirhoood has gotten vaccinated so we are going to have a memorial block party, what are you doing for memorial day?
    MA has had very, very strict restrictions since last March with only essential services type stores open until fairly recently, and people have been great complying, and we have an over 75% vaccination rate.

This past week most restrictions were lifted here on Cape Cod, with no masks required when outdoors, though stores can require them, and many people still wear them when shopping, inside of stores, regardless. I still won't eat inside of restaurants but lucky me, Cape Cod has tons of restaurants that have outdoor dining all summer. And my vet doesn't yet allow pet owners inside of the hospital. My Retriever, Peach, puts on the brakes when the tech comes out to take her into the hospital without one of us (total refusal, embarrassing lol), so Dr. Paul comes out to our car to give her her monthly injection for Addison's disease; such service!

Of course after all that, finally able to enjoy some freedom, having been under drought conditions for a month with nothing but sunshine, it poured every.single.day over the weekend!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

we in Canada are in lookdown
    Hi all cat lovers have a nice day. chack out my meassge Board at
    http://orangeangelcat.proboards22.com/index.cgi

Blog Entries

Wow

That's nice Sandra more freedom. I thought Canada lifted rescrtians 😥.

In spite of the restrictions, many people do what they want. I try to adhere to the rules of self-isolation. This is facilitated by remote work and the large amount of housework that needs to be done. Looking forward to Spectracide Triazicide for weed control. No matter how much I fight with them, they still grow. Apparently the wind is bringing the seeds.

Quote Originally Posted by Kay Burton View Post
    We do nothing. It seems to me that it is important to remember the departed constantly, and not only on the memorial day. Therefore, I see no reason to organize some kind of demonstration event.
    Memorial Day was originally to honor those who died in war, and many of those deaths were unnoticed by people outside their own circle, even though they died for all of us.
    I've Been Frosted

Blog Entries

That's so true

You know i find it heartwarming. When you walk through a cemetery and find the grave of the unknown soldier. Its nice to know someone cared enough to bury them.

Vermont has lifted all COVID restrictions, though individual businesses can still request that people wear masks.

I work at the Post Office, so will astir be wearing a mask at work until the Federal Postal Union says not to. Because it needs to be equal over the whole country, it may be some time before we can unmask, as the vaccination rate is much lower in some other states.
    I've Been Frosted

veret Guest
    Im currently in Europe now, in the property in Spain here, everybody are freely going to the beach and chilling all together
    Last edited by veret; 07-23-2021 at 01:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Vermont has lifted all COVID restrictions, though individual businesses can still request that people wear masks.

I work at the Post Office, so will astir be wearing a mask at work until the Federal Postal Union says not to. Because it needs to be equal over the whole country, it may be some time before we can unmask, as the vaccination rate is much lower in some other states.
    In many countries, even despite the existence of requirements for wearing masks, many wanted to spit on these rules. It seems to me that if everyone followed the rules, then the whole world would have come out of quarantine long ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Kay Burton View Post
    In many countries, even despite the existence of requirements for wearing masks, many wanted to spit on these rules. It seems to me that if everyone followed the rules, then the whole world would have come out of quarantine long ago.
    I agree, especially as the vast majority of the new cases are amongst unvaccinated people.
    I've Been Frosted