Page 43 of 48 FirstFirst ... 33343536373839404142434445464748 LastLast

Thread: Gun control discussion

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    White House Recipe for Skeet.

Serves 4

Take four skeet - if you go skeet shooting you must follow a few simple steps.

Boil two gallons of water and place the skeet in for approximately 60 seconds, this will allow you to
    take the feathers off the birds.

Gut the birds and remove the head and feet - you can keep them for stock.

------------------

Take a pair of kitchen shears and cut the breastbone, then lay flat.

-----------------

Take half a cup of soy sauce, 1/2 teaspoon of ginger, 1/2 teaspoon of salt and pepper, Mix thoroughly.

Place the skeet in a plastic bag and pour the marinade in.

Place into the fridge for 2-3 hours.

------------------

To cook your skeet, you can bake or grill. When temperature - taken from the thigh - reaches 170 degrees the skeet are ready.

I didn't know that clay pigeons had feathers, nor did I realize that they are edible.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Looks similar to the recipe for crow they use on Capitol Hill.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Quote Originally Posted by pomtzu View Post
    I didn't know that clay pigeons had feathers, nor did I realize that they are edible.
    Wait a minute, so what was the presidentshooting at?

http://www.cnn.com/2013/02/04/politi...html?hpt=hp_c2

To back up President Barack Obama's statement that he goes skeet shooting regularly, which some Republicans questioned, the White House released this photo of Obama firing a rifle at Camp David in August. See more commanders in chief taking advantage of their right to bear arms.

Guys, if that's a rifle, then I'm Japanese.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human View Post
    http://www.cnn.com/2013/02/04/politi...html?hpt=hp_c2

To back up President Barack Obama's statement that he goes skeet shooting regularly, which some Republicans questioned, the White House released this photo of Obama firing a rifle at Camp David in August. See more commanders in chief taking advantage of their right to bear arms.
    Guys, if that's a rifle, then I'm Japanese.
    You mean any long gun isn't a rifle, and any gun with a clip isn't an assault rifle? Gee, you mean types of guns have actual names that have meaning?

Maybe someone should take out a full-page ad in some national venue explain the difference between a shot gun, a rifle, a pistol, a revolver, and all the way down the line! It would have to have pictures as well as words, though ...
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    You mean any long gun isn't a rifle, and any gun with a clip isn't an assault rifle? Gee, you mean types of guns have actual names that have meaning?

Maybe someone should take out a full-page ad in some national venue explain the difference between a shot gun, a rifle, a pistol, a revolver, and all the way down the line! It would have to have pictures as well as words, though ...

A shot guns shoots 'shot' - or little pellets of different sizes. They also can shoot slugs or flechettes. Slugs are just like bullets, large hunks of lead. Flechettes are small darts.

When the shot or flechettes leave the barrel they are concentrated - as the go down range they spread out and make it easier to hit what you shoot at.

A shotgun slug is like a large bullet, it's used for large animal hunting.

A shotgun is 'loaded' by moving the foregrip back and forth. There are some old shot guns that use a bolt action method of getting a shell into the breech to shoot.

A bolt action gun is primed by grabbing a lever and moving it backwards to eject the old shell and place a new shell into position.

-------------------------------------------

A rifle is named for the spirals cut into the barrel.

As the bullet leaves the barrel the rifling spins the bullet making it fly straighter - it's a long range weapon.

----------------------------

A revolver is a gun - like a six shooter - that the Cowboys used to use.

It's named for the cylinder that revolves to put a bullet into position to fire.

It doesn't eject empty cartridges.

A pistol, is a magazine fed gun that does eject spent shells, the magazine goes into the grip of the gun.
    A magaine is usually a 'box' with a spring at the bottom that feeds the rounds into the chamber to be fired.

-----------------------

More often than not, the politicos talking about GC don't have a clue as to what they are talking about.

-----------------

if I made a mistake somewhere, someone will correct me!
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

Richard, I know all that - I meant for the world's media to see and be quizzed on, so they don't make mistakes like calling the shotgun the president is holding a rifle!

One does not grow up in a family with a grandfather who was chief of police (retired) and a Dad who did Small Arms Repair in the Army without knowing about guns, the different kinds, weights, purposes and ammunition. And to never kid around with them, and other rules that were drilled into us before we were ever allowed to touch any!
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Richard, I know all that - I meant for the world's media to see and be quizzed on, so they don't make mistakes like calling the shotgun the president is holding a rifle!

One does not grow up in a family with a grandfather who was chief of police (retired) and a Dad who did Small Arms Repair in the Army without knowing about guns, the different kinds, weights, purposes and ammunition. And to never kid around with them, and other rules that were drilled into us before we were ever allowed to touch any!
    In my best Emily Litella voice......Never mind!

" A magaine is usually a 'box' with a spring at the bottom that feeds the rounds into the chamber to be fired."

I thought a"magaine" was a very very bad headache. J/k
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by lizbud View Post
    " A magaine is usually a 'box' with a spring at the bottom that feeds the rounds into the chamber to be fired."

I thought a"magaine" was a very very bad headache. J/k
    It is, if you get pistol whipped?

Now now, both of you!

A magaZine - either a box-shaped object with an internal spring that feeds the next round into the chamber of the gun, or a printed publication covering news of varying degrees of interest and accuracy - either definition can be used to give a migRaine to the person in question.

As can spelling mistakes and pedantic corrections!
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    It is, if you get pistol whipped?

Just funning with ya.

I know what they are. My Dad brought one home after WWII.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by lizbud View Post
    Just funning with ya.

I know what they are. My Dad brought one home after WWII.
    I found my dad's magazines once.

I could never figure out how people could play volley ball in the nude, yet never get dirty.

I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

The important part, from women with a concealed carry license that wants to deny that right to others.

Quote Originally Posted by Senators Feinstein, Boxer
    “The Senators feel the best course of action is to remove all weapons from law enforcement and private citizens so no one else gets hurt,” said a Senate communications intern. “When the gunman realizes that nobody else is armed, he will lay down his weapons and turn himself in…. that’s just human nature.”
    Link.

Feinstein is obviously in a demented state, and should have her concealed carry permit revoked.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.