Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: LABRADOR PUPPY in December!(new picture now added: post #40)

LABRADOR PUPPY in December!(new picture now added: post #40)

In fact, CHRISTMAS EVE, we will have a puppy. We will be bringing home a male fox red Labrador. I think you may remember I made a post about a puppy over the summer that we would've been getting one THIS MONTH but we decided not to and we wanted to wait a couple more months until we're absolutely ready. And we will be. He will be our Christmas gift to the both of us. It's perfect timing. We are really looking forward to it. Meet the parents!

Troy:

Juno:

We've met these dogs - INCREDIBLE personalities, extremely smart and laid back. Exactly what we want. Now the hard part is, we will be thinking of names!

Just wanted to share the exciting news! It will be so nice to have a dog again! I miss NOT having one. It's been too long without one.
    Last edited by CountryWolf07; 11-10-2012 at 10:24 PM.
    You're the one sure thing I've found so you better stick around...
    Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful man that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

How exciting! Enjoy this anticipation lol.

Yay! A new puppy and on Christmas Eve!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Wow, thats awesome!! I can't wait and I'm so happy for you. The dogs are beautiful

Wow, beautiful dogs. I love the big blocky heads. I am excited for you and can't wait until December either. I can't remember, do you want a male or female?
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Quote Originally Posted by Taz_Zoee View Post
    Wow, beautiful dogs. I love the big blocky heads. I am excited for you and can't wait until December either. I can't remember, do you want a male or female?
    I'm very excited. So is Mike. We really miss not having a dog here. We always talk about kidnapping Dozer for the weekend. I would for Hank as well, but we both know, we can't. So, we both want a male. We have a POSSIBLE name, but we'll think of others. We may name him "Gibbs", after NCIS. I'm more leaning towards Woodruff, or Woody. But Mike isn't really hot on that idea. So, we have a while before we bring him home. We will be bringing him home BEFORE Christmas Eve. I just found out about it yesterday. We will be looking at the puppies when they are a couple weeks old and the breeder wants to make sure we fit with the right puppy.
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful man that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

Beautiful dogs....love love love their color. As for the name....why not combine the 2 you like and call him Woodruff Gibbs. If you are like most you have a bunch of different names for your dog anyway and this way you can use either. Both you and Mike are happy and you also have an original name as well.

My rainbow bridge babies have forever left their paw prints on my heart.
    Lilith & Vixen, taken too soon. I love you always.

Signatures, avatars & blinkies if anyone wants one pm me with color,
    font and background preference and with pics and names of pets.

Lilith's Catster Page Vixen's Catster Page

Vote for my furry ones on the cat & dog channels
    Vixen, Bella, Vega, Frost, Phoenix & Artica

Quote Originally Posted by CountryWolf07 View Post
    I'm very excited. So is Mike. We really miss not having a dog here. We always talk about kidnapping Dozer for the weekend. I would for Hank as well, but we both know, we can't. So, we both want a male. We have a POSSIBLE name, but we'll think of others. We may name him "Gibbs", after NCIS. I'm more leaning towards Woodruff, or Woody. But Mike isn't really hot on that idea. So, we have a while before we bring him home. We will be bringing him home BEFORE Christmas Eve. I just found out about it yesterday. We will be looking at the puppies when they are a couple weeks old and the breeder wants to make sure we fit with the right puppy.
    My co-workers dog is Jethro! I think Gibbs would be better for this dog though. And Woody is cute too! You might find one fits the puppy better than the other once you get to meet him.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Woodruff Gibbs sounds good to me. I know, it's fun to think of names right now but we probably won't name him until we bring him home and give it a day and see what his personality is.. but I think we will know before we do bring him home. We will be meeting the puppies a couple times before we decide on who goes home with us!

You may want to think hard about the timing of bringing him home! If you have big family events Christmas Eve and Christmas, it might be better to wait until the 26th to bring him home, just so you have plenty of time to help him adjust to his new life!
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    You may want to think hard about the timing of bringing him home! If you have big family events Christmas Eve and Christmas, it might be better to wait until the 26th to bring him home, just so you have plenty of time to help him adjust to his new life!
    He will be fine. Both of our families are dog friendly so it doesn't matter. We don't do much on Christmas Eve/Day anymore anyway.

How exciting Rachel! You know I love Labradors I saw a fox red colored yellow Lab today and I thought of you! I'm so happy for you and Mike!

Kaitlyn (the human)
    Sadie & Rita (Forever in Our Hearts) (the Labbies)

I love this color of Lab, I can't wait to see pictures!!

Clover, Loki, Shadow, Pixel and Kyo

Update

Juno is expected to have a litter by October 23rd, which is next week! Wow, time flies. Just in two months, we will be bringing home our little guy! No names decided yet. We will start looking at the puppies in mid-November and figure out which one is the lucky one to come home with us.

Pictures of the PAST litters:

JUNO as a puppy:

TROY as a puppy:

How about Leroy?
    (Jethro Gibbs)

Ends with a vowel sound