Quote Originally Posted by blue View Post
The freedom is the Right to Protect Yourself. Be it with a hammer, a bat, a screwdriver, and yes a firearm. So if you are afraid of a firearm, you should be afraid of all house hold tools as well. As Charles Manson once said, "I can kill you with this book!"
You can kill someone with a magazine, too.

----------------------------------

Proper training with a firearm, any firearm, educates and puts the 'power' into a person. Not the 'power' of being able to kill something, but the power over the object.

Ever wonder what the "United States" would be like if we didn't have firearms?

Well,

We'd probably speak 'British', stop for afternoon tea and Tex/Mex food would be served with scones.

Yeah, We'd have more Native Americans, buffalo and Mexico would own the Alamo now.

------------------------------------

I grew up near Lost Angeles, where we invented and perfected the "drive-by shooting". That never kept me from going outside - yea, I lived in an area where gangs were about.

If we do outlaw guns and only let the Police depts carry?

Do we trust them to do the right thing?

People in Anaheim CA -in the Orange County area are pretty ticked off over a shooting incident, actually two in the last week. Alledgedly an unarmed person was shot in the back fleeing from a cop and another shot at the police.

Interesting.

------------------------------

In the Olympic Games there are comps with airguns, small bore rifles and shotguns.

There are also archery competitions, but we'll leave that for the Hunger Games fans.