Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I am a Sucker--with a capital s!

I am a Sucker--with a capital s!

That's me! Sucker stamped right on my forehead I am sure! I got a phone call this morning from the local humane society. We cut most of our ties with them a few months ago, but have slowly been getting a little more involved. A couple of the staff members from Stuart's stint as manager are still there. One of them, Rose, called this morning because she recalled that I have adopted a couple senior cats (Twicket & Kasha). She had just got back from the city pound, which is a kill facility. She has a old boy with her who was to be euthanized today. So I agreed to come meet him on my lunch break.....I should have known better. I am not capable of "just looking!"

I was greeted by a very large, short haired classic tabby!! I don't have a tabby. Well, I have a ginger tabby, but not a traditional brown and black tabby!! Doesn't every house need a tabby(catnapper, back me up here!)??? He is old, has that old cat bony feeling to him. I'd say he's around 15, but appears to be generally healthy. He likes to be held, drooled all over me while he was purring and made biscuits on my arm. He did not want to go back into his cage and clung to my coat.

I was reminded again today that my hubby is a keeper! I told Rose I'd have to get Stuart's approval. He called as I was walking out of the shelter so I filled him in on the situation. His exact words were "do whatever you think you have to for him. Ivy might like him. You might want to tell Twicket that's enough now though!"(We both believe that Twicket sent Kasha to us). Twicket was Ivy's best friend and she hasn't really had a kitty buddy since he passed.

He doesn't have a name right now, but I'm pretty sure he told me his name is Beau. I took some pictures and I'll post them this evening. I"m at work and can't get them off my camera from here.
    If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you must find the courage to live it.
    --John Irving

Oh, I don't think you are a sucker at all... rather, I think you are a special person with a special love in your heart for seniors! Bless you.... and welcome home Beau!

Congratulations!

That is great!!! I'm so glad you are a Sucker! He sounds wonderful and I can't wait to see pictures.

From Decker with Love

believe me, "suckers" like you, is what this world needs..........

cant wait to see pics of that beautiful beau.......LOVE THAT NAME!!!
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

You are a GOD SEND!!! Thank you for giving this poor senior citizen a furrrever home.

Call me Sucker too. I was on Petfinder.com just "looking" and saw at least 5 seniors that urgently need homes. I get depressed when I see that. I would adopt a senior in a NY minute if I was going to be gainfully employed. Unfortunately, my temp assignment ends and I'll only have my part-time BB&B job.

It breaks my heart to see these seniors at shelters (most of them were in animal rescue or no-kill shelters). There was one beautiful girl who has been at the (no-kill) Meriden Humane Society for 6 years!!! She's 12 years old and getting depressed being in a cage. She has a very MINUTE hernia which has caused people to pass her by.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Aren't you an angel!? Wow, you and your husband just bring tears to my eyes. "Sucker" isn't the right word for you, maybe "easy"? That sounds better.

Beau is one very lucky guy!!! Can't wait to see pictures!!

(that thing you said about him being old & bony just tugged at my heart)

Bless you both!
    Loving meowmie to Archy & Binky (RIP my sweet boy 10/13/10)

=^..^=

I

If You Are A Sucker
    Then Send Me A Crown Of Lollipops
    Even With 14 Cats, And The Recent Too Many Cat Scare, I Am Trying To Tame Scratchier.
    If You Are A Sucker To Show Beau Love Ans Affection, Then I Say That Its A Damned Shame That There Are Not More Suckers.
    I Dont Think Our Lord Jesus Would Call You A Sucker.
    Last edited by catmandu; 06-07-2006 at 06:29 PM.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Just can't help but love suckers like you. Can't wait to see the precious boy.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

You and Stuart are AWESOME!!!!! Can't wait to see the photos of Beau. He sounds like he really needs the special kind of loving he can only get in one place - yours!!
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.

What a wonderful world it would be if more people were like you and Stuart!
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

This world needs more "Suckers with a capitol S". Thanks for giving an old senior a chance on life again. They are so overlooked at shelters and it breaks my heart...and by the way, in my book your an angel not a sucker.

Smokey, Mystic, Abner

Gabriel (Dude), Gracie, Vegas, and Scarlet

Consider adopting a special needs pet, they deserve a chance too!

RAINBOW BRIDGE BABIES
    Tony 2/15/99
    Tigger 10/16/06
    Tucker 8/1/08

Oh definately! EVERY house needs aclassic brown and black tabby --- preferably two or three

He sounds wonderful, YOU are wonderful! What a fabulous new addition to your kitty family.

Now where are pictures of this old boy?

Happy to see another senior cat find a home.

LES! Welcome Beau, to the life you deserve. And yes, Bonnie, Kim and Sterling along with foster Carolyn all agree........a TABBY is a must in every home.

I looked in the Dictionary - and the word "sucker" was pretty close to SUPER!!!!!

Tamara, you are a god-send ......... said that before, and I am sure I will say it many many more times.
    M!
    "No dog is born either vicious or friendly, but rather a blank slate that is moulded, for better or worse, by the owner."