Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: gas prices in your area?

Quote Originally Posted by carole View Post
    I would still rather have your prices than our's we just had another increase now at a whopping $2.12 a litre, i am told there is four litres to a gallon, so by my calculations we are paying around 8.48 a gallon,
    Yeah there are about...... 3.75 L in a gallon so that's about right!

facebook

Quote Originally Posted by moosmom View Post
    $25.00 for 6 gallons of gas today. Boy is THAT depressing!!
    Ugh tell me about it.... I put $25 every other day in my truck and it only gives me MAYBE two round-trips to school....... so two days of gas for me = ~$25

(mind you, $25 is a little less than 1/2 a tank for me. IDK why I never fill up completely.....)

Oh and also, most gas stations now are pre-authorizing credit and debit cards used for pay at the pump for $75 OR MORE!!!!!!! And you get charged for your purchase on top of that.... eventhough the $75 is never "charged" to your account (it's just used to see if you have an available balance before the actual transaction), it will sit pending in your account for about a WEEK!!!!! So if you have to fill up every few days like me, you can have like $225 that you can't access from your account because its "pending" ON TOP OF what you actually bought.....

I really should start paying with cash, but I really don't feel comfortable with carrying around that much cash with me for how often I'm needing to fill up...

facebook

Gas prices here are $3.99 at most gas pumps. I've seen it as high as $4.10 around the highway though. Looking through this thread though has made me thankful for the "low" price I'm paying for gas. (wow, I never thought I would be happy to "only" be paying $3.99 a gallon for gas)

Ashley
    Dogs: Nova, Konnor and Sitka

When you buy a car in CT, not only do you pay sales tax, licensing and title fees, but a car in CT is considered a "luxury", so we are also sent a tax bill every year based on how much THEY think your car is worth. That on top of the 7% gas tax, soon to be 7.5% is just too much.

Our wonderful (not) Governor has decided to hold off raising the gas tax for the summer. Believe me, it doesn't put a DENT in helping the CT residents out.

So, that's why I'm stuck home in my little apartment on my computer watching tv, reading. My car, after putting $25 worth of gas in it, is sitting in the parking lot going nowhere, doing nothing.

Something's gotta give. People can't take much more. I've been reading stories about fights at the gas pumps, cutting in lines, etc. It's getting ugly.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Quote Originally Posted by moosmom View Post
    Something's gotta give. People can't take much more.
    I hear you, sister, but it's not likely to get "better" any time soon. It's going to take some real grass roots effort to get the government to move forward with tapping into the oil & shale resources that are right here on US territory. There needs to be some sanity and balance in all this, with die-hard environmentalists coming to terms with reality for the rest of us. I'd say most of us are getting tired of being held hostage by foreign oil because we're held hostage here by over regulation preventing development of available resources.

And what ever happened to the development of alternate fuels that was going to save us back in the 70's? In case no one noticed, those promises were made over 35 years ago!!!!

(climbs off soap box )

6/14/08 - $4.69 a gallon

I'm not sure of the price exactly today, but Bruce filled my tank and said it was $60! I have a VW Jetta. It used to take less than $20 to fill the tank. CRAZY!!!
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

$3.95 in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area.....Shell seems to be the highest...they are well over $4.00.
    Shannon, Boomer, and Sooner

I saw gas today in the town next to mine for 3.79. I wasn't driving or I definitely would have filled up.

Here in NZ at our local supermarket they sell petrol, from time to time if you purchase over 15 dollars of produce you get 15c a litre off your petrol ,it sure helps out a lot, and we always spend that much,usually they only give you like 4cent or 6cents off a litre,so it is a good promotion at the moment, we are really hurting down under,and as you all say it is only going to get worse, funny thing is our groceries last week were the cheapest we have had in a long time, i guess we did not need that much, this week they were expensive again,it seems it is never going to end does it?
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

San Francisco, CA, where life is happy and gay!
    $4.57 for self-serve unleaded in San Francisco

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here
    In memory of my beloved fur children, Goldie, Mishi and Mitzi.
    Rest in peace and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Goldie: 9/5/88 - 4/10/03
    Mishi: with us from 5/5/03 - 7/13/07
    Mitzi: with us from 4/19/03 - 1/23/10

$3.83 here.
    It has finally hit $4.00 less than 15 miles away from our town, so I am sure ours will rise sooner than we would like. Mum finally broke down and bought a car. It gets an average of 27-30 MPG, so it is a big improvement from what her 2004 GMC Enjoy XUV gets. :]

The lowest in Columbia, SC is now $3.739 a gallon. Average is $3.899.

I went to Los Angeles last weekend, out in the middle of nowhere on the way I paid $4.95!
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

unless it went up AGAIN, its about $1.39 a liter here. our small car cost $70 to fill last week. my dad said his work van costs him about $150 a tank
    Shayna
    Mom to:
    Misty-10 year old BC Happy-12 year old BC Electra-6 year old Toller Rusty- 9 year old JRT X Gem and Gypsy- 10 month ACD X's Toivo-8 year old pearl 'Tiel Marley- 3 year old whiteface Cinnamon pearl 'Tiel Jenny- the rescue bunny Peepers the Dwarf Hotot Miami- T. Marcianus

"sister" to:

Perky-13 year old mix Ripley-11 year old mix

and the Prairie Clan Gerbils