Thread: #535, Beach Trip Thursday.

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Hot here, and sunny - a breezy beach would be nice, but I burn so badly, I'd have to pack my 100spf sunscreen! And not forget my forehead - I tend to count on my bangs to shade my forehead, but any wind and they are blown back!

Watermelon!
    I bought a seedless model a few days ago and it's pretty good.

Watermelons make me think of my dad.

He'd always take the end off, it make a great bowl, then squeeze some lemon or lime on it, a pinch of salt, a spoon and a seat on the back stoop and go for it!!

--------------

I think the Super Giant Beach Umbrella and Cyber Sun, will let you enjoy the day............but you'll have to reapply the sunscreen after a swim and wait at least 30 minutes after eating before your dip!

DONE!
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    I bought a seedless model a few days ago and it's pretty good.

Watermelons make me think of my dad.

He'd always take the end off, it make a great bowl, then squeeze some lemon or lime on it, a pinch of salt, a spoon and a seat on the back stoop and go for it!!

--------------

I think the Super Giant Beach Umbrella and Cyber Sun, will let you enjoy the day............but you'll have to reapply the sunscreen after a swim and wait at least 30 minutes after eating before your dip!

DONE!

I always wonder how they grow seedless watermelons - except for the fact that there are often a few seeds in one, but are they hybrids that wouldn't grow true if you planted one, I wonder! And how does one have seed-spitting contests with a seedless melon?
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    I always wonder how they grow seedless watermelons - except for the fact that there are often a few seeds in one, but are they hybrids that wouldn't grow true if you planted one, I wonder! And how does one have seed-spitting contests with a seedless melon?
    I think it turns into a 'juice dribbling' competition?

I have half a WM in the fridge, time to turn it into a fruit salad.

I am taking suggestions for the ingredients.

Grapes, blueberries, strawberries, kiwis (the fruit, not the bird!!!), bananas and OJ (to keep the bananas from turning to brown mush)
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human View Post
    Grapes, blueberries, strawberries, kiwis (the fruit, not the bird!!!), bananas and OJ (to keep the bananas from turning to brown mush)
    Done!

------------

I think some hot dogs or brats - yes I know what they are made of - sound good too!

Mustard potato salad?
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    Done!

------------

I think some hot dogs or brats - yes I know what they are made of - sound good too!

Mustard potato salad?
    Funny, we just tossed a batch of 'tater salad in the fridge. Dogs and Brats sound good, too, along with some cold beer.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human View Post
    Funny, we just tossed a batch of 'tater salad in the fridge. Dogs and Brats sound good, too, along with some cold beer.
    I couldn't help it, I was walking by the window and happened to look in...

Some cold beer?

Done!