Thread: Missing Dog Found More Than 1,000 Miles From Home

If You Don't Talk To Your Cat About Catnip, Who Will?

Missing Dog Found More Than 1,000 Miles From Home

Missing Dog Found More Than 1,000 Miles From Home
    Animal May Have Been 'Dognapped'

http://www.local10.com/news/3932679/detail.html

FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. -- The Local 10 Problem Solvers are helping a Fort Lauderdale woman get her dog back after it was found more than a thousand miles away from her home.

Tammy Rowan tied up 5-month-old Harley in the back yard of her home three weeks ago while she went to run errands. When she came home, Harley was gone. But days later she got a call from an animal shelter in Abington, Penn., which is just outside Philadelphia, letting her know the dog was there.

Rowan doesn't have the money to pick up Harley, so the Problem Solvers are stepping in to make sure Harley is home for the holidays.

"I'm happy now that I know I'm getting her back," Rowan said.

Harley was traced to Florida because of an ID number that was tattooed on the dog at the Broward County Humane Society.

It's likely that someone intentionally took Harley and abandoned him in Pennsylvania because he was found with a note around his neck that said -- "My name is Harley. Please take care of me."
    ~*~ "None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed".
    Author Unknown ~*~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~BRRR~ I'VE BEEN FROSTED!!!~ BRRR~

OMG! Isn't that amazing! I'm so glad for Harely and his family, that soon there will be a happy reunion! The part about the note...sniff, sniff!!!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Omg!! Thats amazing! There is hope to those who lost dogs. Thats so great Harley will be with his family on the Holidays!
    [size=1]Rachel & Sally

Someone should tell the woman owner about crates or
    babygates, I would never leave a five month old pup tied
    in the yard, while I ran errands. IMHO. I hope she's learned
    from this. Good luck Harley.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

mixed feelings

Well this story has a happy ending thank God but the next time may not end up this way. I have never left my dogs outside without being with them and my yard is fully fenced in with a 7 foot fence. I sure would not tie a pup or any dog to a tree and leave it alone. That's just asking for trouble. I pray she never leaves that poor baby tied up again without being there with her.
    God bless you Harley and keep you safe and out of harms way. I hear and see too much about dogs left alone tied to trees, etc. with rescue and how animals end up at the shelters I don't mean to sound miserable about this but having lost one of my beloved rotti's less than a year ago to cancer and with LeeAnn losing 2 of her babies in the near future to cancer plus the one she lost in the summer to cancer it just hit me the wrong way. My babies are the loves of my life along with my human babies and grandbabies. Dogs have all the emotions we do, I firmly believe that.
    Wishing you a happy, loving, long life Miss Harley.
    Doggy hugs from Monty and Kiki
    Kisses from Me
    Nikita Mommy & Daddy Miss You So Much.....Always Will....Look For Cappy Sweetie & Keep Each Other Company. Cappy You Stole So many hearts Sweet Boy. We All Love You & Miss You. Play Hard Sweet Babies.