Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Miracle Duo Mystic and Mittens

Miracle Duo Mystic and Mittens

So when I came here this morning I was sure Krazyaboutkatz had noticed you already in the middle of the Californian night but no, you had to wait until European morning to hear how excited we are to have two wonderful and rare orange girls to say hello to.
    I can't get over how lucky you have been. And I am not sure how someone can rescue a kitten only "to have it put down". Thanks to your new human family that never happened and it really is a miracle that you two are together and having fun- just as it should be.
    We send you lots of kisses and Orion says he would even share his favorite dragonfly toy if you would share that red string

What beautiful kitties! Congratulations on being Cats of the Day & for a wonderful rescue.

Oh, dearest Mystic and Mittens, what darling, miracle kittens you are! Rescued by that wonderful, kind person not only from the hurricane but then one of you from the neighbor who had "rescued" you just to take you to Animal Control to be put down! And now that you have the most wonderful home and each other to play with.. even with that fun red string, which your Purrrson puts away after you're done playing so you don't accidentally swallow it and hurt your insides. You have the best possible home now and the best possible family. Loads of love to share!

Congratulations, little sweeties Mystic and Mittens, on being chosen today's Cats of the Day! We hope you and your family are all enjoying a day full of fun and lovies and your favorite treats and some more red string games.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Mystic and Mittens

How can anyone look at a little kitten, say they are saving it, then snuff out it's life? Horrifying. So glad you were there.

Quote Originally Posted by phesina View Post
    Oh, dearest Mystic and Mittens, what darling, miracle kittens you are! Rescued by that wonderful, kind person not only from the hurricane but then one of you from the neighbor who had "rescued" you just to take you to Animal Control to be put down! And now that you have the most wonderful home and each other to play with.. even with that fun red string, which your Purrrson puts away after you're done playing so you don't accidentally swallow it and hurt your insides. You have the best possible home now and the best possible family. Loads of love to share!

Congratulations, little sweeties Mystic and Mittens, on being chosen today's Cats of the Day! We hope you and your family are all enjoying a day full of fun and lovies and your favorite treats and some more red string games.

Blog Entries

you good kitties..

i love you.. pat

Oh, how purr-fect! A double dose of awesome orangeness to start my day! Mystic and Mittens, you are so adorable! How wonderful that your person found you at exactly the right time; now you have a caring, loving forever home! And you have each other and your people to help make sure your days are full of fun and love ! Double happy Cat of the Day to you, Misses Mystic and Mittens!

PSMew: Could you please purr to your humans to register for PT-- we can never have enough awesome orange kitties around here!
    Last edited by cassiesmom; 11-28-2012 at 01:02 PM.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Oh My Goodness, I just know your house is rocking with fun! How could it not be with these two cute kittens, Mystic and Mittens! Hello little fur babies, I'm pleased to meet you. To the person who really rescued you both and gave you both a loving home, thank you. I know you are glad every day that you have them in your life; they are adorable. I enjoyed all the pics and reading about you and hope you have many years with your family. Congrats on being COTD!

Cat Hero

I do not post often but wanted to let you know that I think you are a hero. In disasters, people and their properties are often rescued but there are not enough resources to rescue pets. Your reward was two lovely kittens who adore each other (well, probably most of the time). Congratulations on being the Cat Hero!

OMG what adorable precious orange girls! Paw applause to your purrents for rescuing you, and being careful with the string.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

Quote Originally Posted by Barbara View Post
    So when I came here this morning I was sure Krazyaboutkatz had noticed you already in the middle of the Californian night but no, you had to wait until European morning to hear how excited we are to have two wonderful and rare orange girls to say hello to.
    I can't get over how lucky you have been. And I am not sure how someone can rescue a kitten only "to have it put down". Thanks to your new human family that never happened and it really is a miracle that you two are together and having fun- just as it should be.
    We send you lots of kisses and Orion says he would even share his favorite dragonfly toy if you would share that red string
    Yes, I sure would've noticed them but I got home very late last night so I didn't have a chance to get on my computer.

Mystic & Mittens, you're both so adorable and also very lucky. Mystic sure does remind me of my RB Sunny since she doesn't have the true tabby markings like Mittens does. I'm glad that both of you are now safe and in a wonderful loving forever home. Congrats on being COTD!!!

Blog Entries

Mystic and Mittens

I am overjoyed that you rescued Mystic and Mittens! They are SO special, definately two of the very best cats in the whole world! We're so happy to know that they are in the perfect, safe home now, complete with adoring peeps! Hurrrray for Mystic and Mittens! Peace and love

Mystic and Mittens what an adorable pair you are!!!!

It must be non-stop fun at your house!!! I admire your family so much for saving you both!!! Please thank them for not only doing that but for sharing you with us today. I hope you are all having tons of fun today.

Congratulations, sweeties, for being our very special and deserving Cats of the Day!!!
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Saved!

Looking at your wonderful photo spread for Mittens and Mystic, I am keenly aware that either, or both, might well have died. Worse still, died owing to intentional killing by humans who cannot be bothered to respect a web of life. It is very depressing how cavalier humans can be about putting cats to death. For that matter, it is depressing how homo sapiens is preoccupied with killing, war, and all of it.

Henry Beston (_Northern Farm_) put it eloquently:
    We need another and a wiser and perhaps a more mystical concept of animals. Remote from universal nature, and living by complicated artifice, man in civilization surveys the creature through the glass of his knowledge and sees thereby a feather magnified and the whole image in distortion. We patronize them for their incompleteness, for their tragic fate of having taken form so far below ourselves. And therein we err, and greatly err. For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older and more complete than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear. They are not brethren, they are not underlings; they are other nations, caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendour and travail of the earth.

Thanks to you wonderful folks, we have no corpses here, but rather joyful kittens. And that is so encouraging to behold.

Miracle Mystic and Mittens!

Hi Mystic and Mittens! Happy Cat of the Day to you two gorgeous orange ladies! (Bet I know which one of you two cuties is Mittens!) What an extra special treat, having not just 1 but 2 ravishing beauties as our most deserving honorees, and orangie girls at that!

Barbara hit the nail on the head when she labeled you two hurricane survivors a "miracle duo!" And I couldn't agree more with Sam, that your human a hero! As for the neighbor "rescuer," I can't for the life of me understand how one can bring home an abandoned kitty for "safe keeping" one day, only to assure her demise once the traffic was flowing!
    But all's well that ends well, and I couldn't be happier, knowing that two such beautiful, precious, deserving kitties are enjoying the good life, that for all the day of their lives, they will be cared for and cherished and loved, unconditionally!!!
    Great thanks to your human for opening up her/his home and heart to you two sweeties. She's my hero too!
    Hope you two ladies are enjoying an extra special, fun filled Cat of the Day bash, beings spoiled rotten!
    Lots of love, cuddles and kisses to you, precious Mystic and Mittens! Long and happy life to you!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Oh my goodness how precious! Thank you for rescuing these babies, and giving them a home. I pray the mom cat and any other litter mates did as well.

Orangies are so much fun, I've had 2. Enjoy your sweeties!