Quote Originally Posted by pomtzu View Post
Got ball point pen ink on your clothes??? Spray it with hair spray - a little rub - and it's gone. I learned this one many years ago when I worked in an office - something all office workers seem to know.
Yikes! Growing up in the family business of Dry Cleaning I cringe at this one. Sure it might work..........on certain fabrics. But trust me, it won't work on that silk blouse that most women wear at the office. In fact, on some fabrics it sets the stain and makes it harder for the Dry Cleaner to get it out. Also, some hairsprays contain alcohol and that can remove colors from the item.

Here is one that also makes me laugh. My mom told me about how to keep flies away. A Ziploc baggie with some water and a shiny penny in it. My boyfriend laughed at this and swore it doesn't work. While we were on vacation at the beginning of this month we saw so many places that had a baggie with water and a penny it in hanging outside in front of doors. I always had to point it out to Bruce and just LAUGH!!
And then last night we had dinner with some friends and somehow that subject came up. Again I was in tears laughing.
This works because the sun shining on the penny in the water creates a lot of sparkle and sun rays which disorientates (sp?) the flies vision. So they tend to stay away.
Unfortunately this doesn't work on cloudy days or at night though.