Thread: Long wild and wooly night in Kansas

Long wild and wooly night in Kansas

Last night one of the worst thunderstorms moved through I've ever been through. We had almost golf ball size hail and 60 mph winds. Now I have 4 broken windows and my house's paint looks sand blasted.

The poor cats were freaked out of their heads. The six of them hid behind the washer and dryer. Grandma cat, however, slept through it in my bed. The only thing that kept me sane when listening to the sound of shattering glass, was the power was still on. If I had been in the dark, someone would have needed to scrape me off the ceiling.

We are still in line for more storms through Wednesday. My side of town was lucky, the other side got hit much worse. I am so grateful there was not more damage done to my house. Please keep us all in your thoughts and prayers for the next few days.
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!

Oh, dear! You and the kitties will all be in our prayers! Your poor house! I am glad you are safe for now!
    I've Been Frosted

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Yikes - and here I was just complaining that Mother Nature dumped summer on us, without the benefit of spring first.

Glad that you're okay. I hate storms like that. Someone would be scraping me off the ceiling even if we didn't lose power.
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Wow, that must have been so scary. It's sure hard to keep the critters calm when their (leader) is shaking
    in their boots. That was me a few years ago when we had a bad storm like you just had. Glad to hear
    that Grandma wasn't ruffled at all. Bless her heart. Your insurance should cover the damage right?

When we had all the hail damage, the insurance paid for a new roof, gutters and siding for the house & garage.
    The weather man is predicting bad storms here next Wesnesday evening.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I'm so glad you and the furbabies are safe MOFF. You will continue to remain in my prayers
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Oh my God! So glad the power didn't go out.

Prayers and good wishes for you and kitties, MoFF, that the worst is over for you with these storms.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Thank goodness you & the babies are safe!
    Those kinds of storms scare me senseless. I used to lock my kitties and myself in the closet during the nasty storms when I lived in Houston.

I hope your windows are repaired/replaced soon!

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

Well, looks like I didn't get by as well as I thought. The insurance inspector says we need a new roof and furnace vent and they will paint 3 sides of my house for me. That should be interesting. My house is yellow and I don't remember what the shade was, plus it has aged. So one side is apt to be a different shade. Luckily, that will be one side that is close to another house so it won't matter as much.

Our entire town took a pretty big hit. The fort lost some original windows from the 1800s. Several churches lost stained glass windows, Walmart lost part of its glass over head dome, the nursing home where my Dad used to be lost lots of windows in the patients rooms. I'm so glad he wan't there for that. Every house in town that has vinyl siding looks like swiss cheese now. Almost every house in town had some damage.

Thankfully, I have two guys coming in a bit to board up my broken windows. It is going to be a while before they can be replaced from the looks of things. We have more storms coming later tonight and tomorrow. I was afraid the inside windows would get damaged if more hail hit them. I don't want my cats hurt or getting out for that matter.

Bet my cats will be mad since they are gonna lose their two favorite 'look out' windows for a while. It can't be helped though.
    MY BLESSINGS:

Frankie

Wow, that's quite a storm you had! Glad you and the kitties are safe and dear Grandma slept through it all. And it's good that it's getting lighter, now that yo have to have your windows boarded up. Stay safe!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Moff, I'm so sorry to hear this. I'm glad that you're all fine and that you'll be able to have your home repaired soon. Hopefully the other storms won't do any more damage. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent your way.

Hi MoFF, What a relief it is to know that you and your kitties are all okay. I couldn't help but smile when you said that Grandma slept through the whole storm. Hopefully, the repairs to your house can be done without delay. If you need anything I'm only a pm away.
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

Quote Originally Posted by momcat View Post
    Hi MoFF, What a relief it is to know that you and your kitties are all okay. I couldn't help but smile when you said that Grandma slept through the whole storm. Hopefully, the repairs to your house can be done without delay. If you need anything I'm only a pm away.
    Thank you that is so sweet of you. A few extra prayers might be in order. We are in for possibly more severe weather tomorrow and in the middle of the week. Maybe it will be a good thing if we don't get the repairs done until after the spring storm season is over.
    MY BLESSINGS:

Frankie

Quote Originally Posted by momoffuzzyfaces View Post
    A few extra prayers might be in order. We are in for possibly more severe weather tomorrow and in the middle of the week. Maybe it will be a good thing if we don't get the repairs done until after the spring storm season is over.
    Lots of prayers are on the way!
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE