Thread: How cold is it where you are?

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by pomtzu View Post
    Good grief Tamara. All the trouble you have to go thru protecting yourself, your vehicles, etc - seems like a whole lot of work - and not easy work at that. Now I know why you take so many warm climate vacations.

Do the pups have any heat source? I know they thrive in the cold, but when is it too cold even for them?
    It's a ridiculous amount of work! I get to haul wood when I get home from work tonight! Oh, the fun! This super cold snap is supposed to break in a few days. -15C will feel balmy!

The dogs all have insulated dog house stuffed full of straw. They are quite toasty warm inside. Only four of the dogs sleep outside. Sundin & Reggae because the house terrifies them both! They could come in; they are both fine in the house, but they chose to stay outside. Raven has access to the shop. She can sleep inside there if she wants, but she has such a thick coat that after a couple hours she's over heating. Chase is allowed inside under direct supervision only as he is not cat safe. He can sleep in the shop if he wants to, but usually he curls up in a dog house. Pretty much everyone else sleeps inside every night, even in the summer!

I have two 16 year old dogs who are rarely outside in the winter at all. Hobo goes out if it's sunny, but Pingo rarely leaves the house! She pees and comes right back in. The ancient ones can basically do whatever they want! Tehya spent yesterday trying to get someone to play with her! She is impervious to cold!
    Last edited by Glacier; 01-28-2013 at 01:13 PM.
    If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you must find the courage to live it.
    --John Irving