Thread: Round 2 with the Connecticut Motor Vehicle Department...

Round 2 with the Connecticut Motor Vehicle Department...

Well, I went back to the DMV to try and get my CT Driver's License today. It was pretty quiet, not too many people waiting. Since I had a "pass" from when the computers were down, I figured there wouldn't be any problem, since they already had my paperwork and $40 check.

WRONG!!! I waited an hour. I finally walked up to the counter and asked the guy how much longer it would be. Keep in my, people that arrived AFTER I did came and went. He said he wasn't sure.

I sat down and waited. About 15 minutes later, I walked back up to the counter and got a little "irate". This was AFTER 3 people got their licenses. I asked him what the hold up was, that they already had taken my check AND cashed it and I still didn't have my license. He said that was a "processing fee" and I still needed to pay another $66.00 for a 6 year license. I threw the "pass" on the counter and said it wasn't worth shit. He said, "you are more than welcome to take back your paperwork and leave and come back a 4th day and that it could take as long as 3 hours!!" I told him that I'd be more than happy to keep on driving on my Michigan driver's license and if I got stopped by the police for not having a CT driver's license, I'd blame it on the incompetence of the DMV. He looked at me and said, "Where's the incompetence?" "I'm looking at him!" I said. He got pissed and under his breath, said "Well then, you can wait a little while longer then."

After waiting an hour and 30 minutes, I FINALLY got my license. And to think I've gotta go back yet AGAIN in February to register my car!! UGH!!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Note to the Connecticut motor vehicle dept.: Never underestimate the power of Donna!! Way to go. Good luck in february!

donna, can you mail the forms in feb?
    joyce who has princess peanut, spokesdog for the catpack, mojo, magic, kira and squirty, members of the catpack, angel duke, a good dog who is missed and angel alex the wonder dog, handsome prince.

Oh man. Wouldn't they let you register your car when you
    were there? What a hassle.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

All I can say is that, working in customer service, when someone comes in and acts rude, loud and obnoxious I want to do everything in my power to be as unhelpful as possible. It's always better to be nice because it really does get you farther.

Naomi,

Yeah, I understand where you're coming from, but this was the THIRD trip I had made to get my license, so my length of patience was very short.

Lizbud,

Yeah, I could've registered my car the same day. But I'd also have to pay property taxes on the car as well, for 2005. I figured since my registration isn't due to expire in MI until February of 2006, I'd wait. At least I don't have to deal the imbecile at the licensing desk.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

Don't it really get under your skin how long you sit and wait for ANYTHING and when your turn comes, it only takes MINUTES!!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

It took approximately 30 second for me to sign the contraption for my license, pose for my picture and another 2 minutes for the license to be ready. Geez!!