Thread: food schedule

food schedule

ok just wondering. i feed sammy two meals a day. on week days i feed him his first meal between 7:30 and 8:00. (because i have school) well sammy starts to get hungry around 3:30 to 4:30 for his second meal. he begs to get in molli's kennel to eat her food, and he whines by his bowl. is it ok to feed him around 4:00 if hes hungry? but he also begs for food at like 8:00 when i feed him around four. should i do three meals a day instead? (1st- 8:00 2nd- 3:30 3rd- 7:00)

p.s. sammy is a 9 week old cocker. he eats 1 cup of food a day.

*Sammy*Springen*Molli*

Normally at 9 weeks a pup is fed 3-4 times a day. Maybe 1/2 cup in the morning and then 1/3 at 4 and 1/4 at around 8. Of course it would be ideal if the pup were let outside more during the daytime to go potty if you were going to feed him more in the morning. 9 hours is a long time between meals for a young pup.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

well i go to school during the weekdays. and my mom works only 3 times a week. so we can try doing that. thank you! i will tell you if we change it.

*Sammy*Springen*Molli*

Yeah I agree Irescue452, I'd say about 3 meals a day for him at that age. On a few weeks cut it down to 2 meals.
    Can you feed him right when you wake up, then as soon as you get home from school then again late evening. And maybe even feed him a little bit of a smaller meal when you get home from school just to hold him over a little.

Or can you do some extra training sessions with him, make up for his meal in treats (you can even use the kibble from his food as treats).
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.

thanks

lol thats what i did to train molli. i used her food as treats. we are going to feed sammy 1/2 a cup in the morning. and 1/4 a cup for his lunch and dinner.

*Sammy*Springen*Molli*

Everyone is right. A puppy that young needs to eat at least 3 times a day. Puppies are like babies with their feedings.

I think we need to see some pictures of this little guy!
    Billy and Willy! (2 of my 4)

i took some picture and my dad emailed them to me. i still havent got them yet. but when i do i will post them!

*Sammy*Springen*Molli*