Thread: Politics and religion.

Threaded View

President Obama... Articulate? When the teleprompter is on, sure. But, so what? Good looking? I have no opinion. Does it matter?

President Obama... The absolute worst disaster our economy could have asked for? You betcha. Foreign Policy is important right now for sure. But nothing is more important than the economy. What the President and his merry band of morons are more than happy to keep ruining. But are they really to blame? Who among them has ever even run a lemonade stand. No, WE are to blame. We elect our leaders and the past couple of decades we seem to select the guy who lies the best and promises the most of other people's stuff.

President Obama is a direct result of our celebrity worship. He sounded good. He looked good... He is a unmitigated disaster. Unless you draw your livelihood from government. (Read: You live on taxpayers money.)

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0710/39352.html

"What can the government do to create jobs." NOTHING. Let the people and business keep more of THEIR money.

All government can do is create MORE government jobs.

It takes 5 (at least) taxpayers to pay for one new government job. Do the math. Where does it end? What are we to do? 109 TRILLION and counting in unfunded entitlement liability. The baby boomers will probably make out OK. But what about the rest of us? Who's gonna crack first?

Baby Boomers.... What are you willing to sacrifice so that your posterity has even a sniff of a chance to live at least as good as you did? Social "Security"? Medicare?

But, I know... I am just a crazy hate monger.

As I have said before... Don't take my word for it. Read about economics. What happens when a country gets to a point like we are? Our debt (on ONE set of the books....) is about 90% of our GDP.... Do the math.
    Last edited by Puckstop31; 07-04-2010 at 07:17 PM.
    "Unlike most of you, I am not a nut."

- Homer Simpson

"If the enemy opens the door, you must race in."

- Sun Tzu - Art of War