Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Kitten 6-8 Weeks, Kids Abuse it. HEARD FROM HER TODAY THURSDAY!

Kitten 6-8 Weeks, Kids Abuse it. HEARD FROM HER TODAY THURSDAY!

Is there anyone here close to Jackson Michigan that might be able to take her?

This is a post from Petfinder I found, I also posted something in the cat resuce.

I live in Jackson, Michigan and I'm posting about my neighbors little kitten. Shes about 6-8 weeks old, all black, really sweet and loving. Content to sit on your lap and be cuddled all day.

She hasn't had a good home since she was born, I have found her on the roof of my house and garage and had to climb up and get her down. The kids abuse it and she don't get fed. I often bring her in my home, to warm her up, give her attention and feed her, but, I can't keep her, I am not financially able to. If you or you know anyone, who could give her a loving, indoor home, like she deserves, please contact me at [email protected]
    Last edited by Anikaca77; 10-23-2008 at 09:34 AM.

Melissa, it's so wonderful that you're looking out for this sweet little kitty. This time of year is especially dangerous for black cats. In OH the Humane Society won't allow adoptions of black cats during the month of October because bad things have happened to them. Halloween seems to bring out the crazies. Is there any way that you can keep her safe perhaps in your garage or somewhere that these kids and others can't get their hands on her?
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Thank you for looking out for that precious baby. I'd make the kitten go "poof" and get him/her away from those rotten kids. Have to spoken to the kid's parents??? I'd get them involved unless they're just as guilty as the kids (apple don't fall far from the tree).

Please keep that sweet baby safe.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

You are doing a really good thing by helping that baby!!! I have to agree with the above posts to make her go " POOF!" And that this a dangerous time for black kitties!!! You will do the right thing....
    Nine is Fine!!

I wrote an e-mail to this women. If I could get the kitten to me I'd be glad to foster it since Anika would probably want that and Rob my husband hopefully wouldn't mind but with the vet bills (even though I had so many generous donations) from Anika, I'm not sure if this would be a smart move or not on my part.

I would just like to see this baby get a great home.

Thanks,
    Melissa

Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    Melissa, it's so wonderful that you're looking out for this sweet little kitty. This time of year is especially dangerous for black cats. In OH the Humane Society won't allow adoptions of black cats during the month of October because bad things have happened to them. Halloween seems to bring out the crazies. Is there any way that you can keep her safe perhaps in your garage or somewhere that these kids and others can't get their hands on her?

AS A MATTER OF SAD FACT , CHILDREN IN A LOT OF CASES LEARN BULLYING FROM BEING BULLIED THEMSELVES.
    I WOULD ASK THE PARENTS BUT DONT BE SURPISED BY A RUDE WELCOME.
    WE PRAY THAT LITTLE PANTHER FINDS A FURREVER HOME, WHERE SHE WILL BE LOVED AND APPRECIATED!!!
    THERES A GOLD STAR BY YOUR NAME FOR HELPING THAT LITTLE ONE!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

sm bump

I just talked with my husband about the kitten and if I can arrange some type of transport to get the kitten here then we he said we could foster it.

I'm going to e-mail the lady and see how far she will be willing to drive.

Melissa, I live not all that far from Jackson. I could go there and pick her up and then bring her at least some of the way to your home. I don't think I could do it all the way to Pennsylvania, but I could at least get her into Ohio, maybe around Toledo.

Pat

Pat, That would be so great, I sent you a pm!

I just received this e-mail from the lady so I e-mailed her back asking her to see if she can find this black kitten and keep it until we can finalize transportation.

Here is the e-mail:

Thanks for your interest in her, I have to check with my neighbor and see if she's still available, because, I haven't seen her in over a week now and normally shes outside by herself.

I'd be willing to drive to Ohio to find her a good home, but, my vehicle wouldn't make it that far.

Sorry for your loss, I know the feeling all to well. 7 months ago, my beloved pug passed away at only 5 years of age, from unknown causes and I still can't get over him.

Yeah, it breaks my heart to see how this kitten is treated, often left outside by herself, shes just a little thing and she comes over to my house alot, because, I pay attention to her, I bring her in and keep her in for a while, feed her and just hold her, she loves to be held. My son and his friend, have seen my neighbors kids abuse it, they have kicked it in its head, choked it and thrown it around. I'm even more worried, with her being all black and halloween coming up.

I got your PMs, Melissa, and responded.

We will get this happening somehow, and the sooner the better!

Pat
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

I can't stop thinking about this kitten...I just posted on the rescue thread too. Is there any news yet from the owners? I have a friend around findlay OH that might be willing to help with transport...let me know...I hope that this tiny baby is still ok.....
    My baby love, Jasper Caradotto

I'm equidistant to Akron and Canton, OH so if the kitty is coming this way and needs transport, someone PM me and we'll see if we can work something out.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

I just got this e-mail.

So I'm going to send her one back, I've given her my phone number but I guess she's just not comfortable giving out her phone number.

I'll keep ya'll updated as soon as I know something. I really want to get this kitten if I can to help find a great home.

Melissa

Its all right and I have gotten alot of replys on her, but,
    noone, I felt
    comfortable adopting her out to. People asking me for my
    home address and I
    definitely do not feel comfortable giving out my address.
    Plus, some were from Texas, Washington and I want the kitten
    to get the best home possible, after the life shes had now,
    she deserves it and so far, I like your replys best.

Yeah, I can't call, I don't have long distance on my phone
    and I will have to talk to my neighbors tomorrow or
    something about her, their not home and I haven't seen the
    kitten in about a week. So, I'm hoping, they didn't take her
    to the pound or her kids did something to it.

Email me back in a day or two and I will see if the still
    have her

I will do whatever I can to assist. I am in the southwestern part of the state. So, maybe some financial assistance?