Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: great game, but a terrible half-time show!

great game, but a terrible half-time show!

It was a hard-fought and exciting game, but I think the the Rolling Stones should retire to an old folks home! Keith Richards looked like death warmed over and Mick Jagger just yelled instead of singing last night. I don't think they have it any more. I was really disappointed in this year's half- time show.

I agree David, I didn't enjoy the halftime show at all. However, I've never liked the Rolling Stones - might stem from the fact that my parents never liked them either. They certainly didn't sound very good yesterday! I enjoyed the game though

I'm with you David P. I thought Mick was awful. I could care less what they looked liked, but Mick's voice was plain awful. Fenway can sing better than that. However, I was impressed by the guitar playing. I thought that was awesome.
    I love Fenway, JoJo, Olivia and Nonnie!

I was just amazed that he could still wiggle his hips like that at his age. I would of had a heart attack if I tried to do what Mick Jagar did. I didn't really enjoy the half time either though. I like the ones where they actually have coreography (sp?) and lots of dancers and colors involved. I guess more like a traditional half time show at a football game.

And I was NOT IMPRESSED with the singing of the National Anthem at the beginning either.

Quote Originally Posted by Dixieland Dancer
    I was just amazed that he could still wiggle his hips like that at his age. I would of had a heart attack if I tried to do what Mick Jagar did. I didn't really enjoy the half time either though. I like the ones where they actually have coreography (sp?) and lots of dancers and colors involved. I guess more like a traditional half time show at a football game.

And I was NOT IMPRESSED with the singing of the National Anthem at the beginning either.
    LOL. I actually thought Mick was going to have a heart attack. I was worried. He was doing aerobics up on that stage. Pretty fit for a senior.

I too was not impressed with the National Anthem. I thought Aretha Franklin was good, but the other guy (Aaron Neville?) was terrible. Again, Fenway could sing better than that.
    I love Fenway, JoJo, Olivia and Nonnie!

I didn't watch the game but did catch the anthem, and it was just AWFUL. Aaron Neville looked like he was going to have a stroke while singing it - his mouth hardly moved and his facial expressions were awful. It was just awful. Why can't people just sing the anthem anymore? Why do they have to try to do vocal exercises on it?

Hubby said half time was awful too.

This is so funny David. I loved the game but the halftime show lacked everything. Entertainment value was the biggest thing it lacked. I grew up with the Stones and they were never my favorite group but last night they proved that the old folks home is closer than ever. I was very disappointed with the entire performance. After it was over I found myself waiting for the remainder of the halftime show. Keith Richards has looked like death warmed over for 15 years. I say the Stones should quit now while the time is right. Can you imagine how much arthritis medication those guys are taking just to get through a gig? Sheesh!! LOL LOL

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

I caught part of the half-time performance and I wasn't impressed either. But what do ya want from a bunch of guys that have been around since the stone age?

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Quote Originally Posted by moosmom
    I caught part of the half-time performance and I wasn't impressed either. But what do ya want from a bunch of guys that have been around since the stone age?
    Donna, is that where they got the term "rock music"?

I kept thinking Mick needed a new shirt.. no offense to the fans
    You're the one sure thing I've found so you better stick around...
    Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful man that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

Hey can't you all cut Mick and the boys some slack?

When you get to be that old and can still-
    Run around
    Sing
    Jump and
    Skip at the same time, I say, God Bless....

Stop and think about all the crappy 'acts' in pop music today and think what they will be doing in 40 years.

Christina Aguilera, dressing like a trollop..with 22 year old breasts.
    Spears......No comment.
    R. Kelly? Puff Crappy? Jennifer Lopez?

Jagger always was and always will be ugly,
    Richards died 70 years ago, good embalming does wonders
    Charlies Watts? who knows about that guy?

or....

I wanna see the Stones
    I have never seen the Stones
    I should see the Stones.
    I have to see the Stones.....before one of them dies!!!

HELLO!! The game was played in Motown! Can we not have some more geographically appropriate entertainment? Kid Rock, Eminem, etc? Why the geriatric Brittish rock band? And, don't they have a more recent song to sing than the one that they could have done at SuperBowl 1? Satisfaction was #1 in 1965, the first Superbowl was a year later. Also, they sounded like one of the guitars was playing a differnent song. TERRIBLE! I'd rather watch Janet's wardrobe malfunction.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Ladies, we need to stop comparing men to dogs. Dogs are loyal!" Wanda Sykes

I had to listen on the radio No abc channel here availble for anntenna But heard they cencered some of the words from songs . It sounded like a mike clitch
    I don't want to talk about the game. did see the contravercail calls on the news
    I've been boo'dMerlin my angel

my dad was angry!! lol he threw a cup at the t.v He didn't like the ref's calls!! good thing he wasn't actually there!!!
    Thanks so much Ashley for the siggy!
    Zoey Marie NAJ NA RN (flat-coated retriever)
    Wynset's Sam I AM "Sage" RA (shetland sheepdog)
    T.j (english setter)

Quote Originally Posted by Corinna
    I had to listen on the radio No abc channel here availble for anntenna But heard they cencered some of the words from songs . It sounded like a mike clitch
    I don't want to talk about the game. did see the contravercail calls on the news

In "Start Me Up" towards the end of the song, the line starts, "You make a dead man ....."

I looked at my brother before they finished the song and mentioned that line to him-they bleeped that. I don't know about the other thing they bleeped.--
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.