Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: I have to give Jupiter back.... :(.... I am so sad!!

I have to give Jupiter back.... ...///// HE IS BACK HOME!!!!! :0)

When we first took Jupiter last March.. it was on the conditions that my sister could get him back when she got a house. She needed someone to take him cause her apartments wouldn't allow pets.....

Well..... she moved this weekend. We talked about it a while ago and she said that it would probable be better if I keep him so him and Tinky wouldn't have to be seperated.

Me and Eric went over to her new house Saturday and IT WAS SOOO NICE..!!!! I am soooo happy for her. I am so glad to see her get blessed with this house. It was the model... so she got a free sofa and chair, free table and chairs... AND a free refridgerator!!....

Me and Eric were talking to her on the porch and she was telling me about a four year old cat that she was thinking about getting... and Eric said.. why don't you just take Jupiter back... and she said REALLY?.. and I almost couldn't say yes but she started crying.

SOOO... now I have to give my little boy back to his mommy.....
    I didn't realize how attached I was to my Mr. Kat...

Him and Tinky were playing last night and it made me sooooo sad. I don't want him to be lonely over there. I am going to miss him SO MUCH!!!.
    I feel so selfish!!!

On a little better note...
    My friend called me the other day and told me she got a cat. I was kinda mad at first cause they are not pet people. I have seen them go through 2 dogs..... when they get tired of them they just give them away. She told me Brian brought it home and she was telling me how she didn't want it. She just didn't see herself loving a cat... I got soooo upset and cried about it to Eric.
    WELL.... Saturday before we went to my sister's .. we went to Candace's.... THAT LITTLE KITTEN WAS SOOOOO CUTE!! and tiny!! I think it has to only be 6 weeks old. It kinda reminds me of Lut's Maya. I felt even worse after we left their. She has two small boys and they were wresteling and flipping around and no one cared about the cat.... and when i got there SHE HAD IT LOCKED IN THE BATHROOM.... and it was crying....
    anyway... Eric played with the little kitten (they havn't even cared to name it yet ) and now Eric is in loooove with it.. So I am going to call my friend and see if we can have it....

I don't know .... I am having mixed emotions about taking that kitten.... maybe I can just find it a good home....

I AM GONNA MISS MY LITTLE BOY!!!!!
    i really wish i didn't have to do this.
    Last edited by Sara luvs her Tinky; 04-22-2003 at 08:32 PM.
    [CENTER]

Alden is here!!
    7/6/2006 - 9 pounds 9 ounces 22 inches

Tinky

Sara,

I'm not trying to be unsupportive, but do you really HAVE to give him back? My concern is for Tinky....cats totally bond and separating them can make a huge difference in their temperments. Can't she find a home for a kitty that actually NEEDS one???

Why doesn't your sister take the kitten??

I hope I'm not sounding mean. Its just that my heart sunk when I read this thread. Maybe if your sister can understand how it will effect Tinky AND Jupiter, she'll change her mind.

I know that I couldn't bear to have any of my cats sad even for a second....please, can you try and see if your sister will change her mind?????
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

I want to ask her but .... she got so excited she started crying when I told her that she could. Even my little brother asked me after he got there why I wouldn't give him back... so she must have been talking to them about wanting him back before I got there....

I would feel bad with her taking a new kitten and having to spay it and all...
    I guess I could offer to pay for the operation?!?!!?

I don't know I just want to be fair.... to her and the kitties!!
    [CENTER]

Alden is here!!

Tinky

Look, she is your sister. Talk to her. If you tell her how deeply you feel, she might take the kitten instead. It's not like she won't see Jupiter again ?

As my mum says to me 'If you don't ask, you don't get' The worst result is your sister wanting Jupiter back.(i.e. where you are now.)

I do believe in fate. Things will work out for the best whatever happens. Thinking of you.

I know you want to be fair. That's what makes you such a wonderful person.

But, think of it this way....the kitties depend on you for everything, including their happiness. Your sister can get over it...I'm not trying to be mean, but she's an adult, right? And an adult would want the best thing for a cat she loves, right?

Yes, you can offer to pay for the kitten's vet bills, but did she reimburse you for Jupiter's??? I mean, you fed and cared for him for a year.

I know it doesn't seem "fair" at first, but it REALLY isn't fair to poor Jupiter to have his life disrupted like that. I mean, it wasn't his fault he wasn't allowed in the apartment she lived in....she shouldn't have adopted him if she wasn't allowed to have him. I mean, what if you weren't around? Jupiter would have gone to a shelter....

This sounds harsh when I re-read what I wrote. I just feel so bad for Jupiter....he wont be able to understand the situation.
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

This is the saddest thing I've ever heard of! I know that when an agreement is made it should be stuck to, and if that was the original agreement then I guess sticking to it is the right thing to do. But I, personally, would not want to do it. After all, Tinky and Jupiter are bonded, and even though you could get another kitty in need, so could your sister. And if she was the one to get the new kitty in need, Jupiter nor Tinky would have to be disrupted by introdutions to new situations. Since I do not know the relationship that you have with your siste, I do not know if my suggestion will be possible, but what I'd like to see you do is to try to at least talk to her about how Jupiter would need to adjust to a new home, Tinky would have to adjust to a home without his buddy, You would have to adjust to life without Jupiter and if you wanted to get a new kitty then Tinky would have to adjust all over again. BUT, if SHE got a new kitty, no one would really have to adjust and another cat would find a forever home. This is my suggetstion, after all.....you are just asking her to consider it.

You guys are so great ... I would be so lost now If I couldn't turn to yall for advice....

I am going to ask her if she wants Candace's kitten... the only thing is that I called Candace and she don't know if Brian is willing to give it away... (like he really cares about it)

The thing that makes this so hard is my sister really wants him back and loves him soo much.. When I got him she offered to pay for all his food and came by to visit him... (even came to their birthday party ) I would love to see him back with his mommy but I don't want him to be lonely... or Tinky to miss him either.
    (I didn't have to pay to neuter Jupiter... he had already had the surgery when I took him)

I really don't know what to do... Candace is supposed to call me back later.. she said she is going to talk to Brian... maybe he will be ready to let go of that little kitten.
    Last edited by Sara luvs her Tinky; 04-21-2003 at 06:30 PM.
    [CENTER]

Alden is here!!

Tinky

Sara -

Kelly has given some wonderful advice and I don't have much to add on except I am thinking of you during this time. I hope something can be worked out so that everyone can be happy. Good luck!
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

Keep us updated when Candace rings you. Fingers crossed.

Sara,

Since she is your sister, ask her. The worst she can say is no. I would also let her know how bonded Jupiter and Tinky are and how lost both of them would be without each other.

Good luck honey. Let us know what happens. Also know that you can ALWAYS come to us. That what friends are for!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

I'm so sorry to hear that, I know how attatched you are to Jupiter, he's your baby. I really think you should talk to you sister. I remember when Zasper passed away it was so hard for Corkscrew, he didn't handle it very well. All he knew was that his best friend was gone. Cats get very attatched to each other. I hope everything works out, good luck.
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

thanks jen!
    you saved my alot of typing
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

another delima...

I just talked to my mom and when my sister went to her house Saturday to pick up my neice and nephew... my mom said she was sooo excited and told my neice "guess who is coming back home to live with us."

and the BIG DELIMA.... that I can't believe I forgot to mention.. is Eric REALLY WANTS THAT BABY KITTEN.... I don't know if he will go for us keeping Jupiter so my sister can have the kitten...

I am confused... I wish I could talk to the kitties and see what THEY wanted..... I just want everyone to be happy..

[CENTER]

Alden is here!!

Tinky

AND... my mom also suggested to ask my sister if she wanted the kitten... just approach her in a way that she knows it is her decision... (which it is)...
    so as soon as Candace convinces Brian to give me the kitten... I will call her and ask her....

(where is the confused/frustrated/sad smiley?)
    [CENTER]

Alden is here!!

Tinky

Sara, I do not envy the position you are in right now, and I don't know what the best answer for everyone involved is (other then to get the kitten away from Candace's family!) Be honest about your feelings, remember things happen for a reason, and that we are all here to support you.
    And in the meantime, we'll be praying things work out for the best!