Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Have you moved the large appliances lately??

Have you moved the large appliances lately??

One of the collection places for toys around here, is under the oven. But there is a removable drawer under the oven, so all we do is take the drawer out to reach under it. BUT, it is a difficult drawer to replace, so I don't do it often.

Well, tonight was the night.

I found a small lid, a milk cat, a coughdrop wrapper and 18 (yes 18) cat toys under the oven

I fear what is under the fridge.

Ok, I'll ask: just how many cat toys do you have that you can have 18 go missing, and yet you don't miss them?

And no, we don't pull our large appliances out very often. I am afraid of what I might find under there.

Originally posted by catnapper
    Ok, I'll ask: just how many cat toys do you have that you can have 18 go missing, and yet you don't miss them?

Do NOT.....I repeat.....DO NOT ASK

But, if you can find room on my floor to walk and NOT step on a toy, it would be a major accomplishment.

LOL, your so funny Jen.

I mostly find the toys under the couch.

And you need a lot of toys with the crew you have.

I'm like you, I remove the bottom drawer of the stove, but I am able to see under my fridge as we have it up on rollers. Much easier to move when it comes time to clean behind it.

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

If You Don't Talk To Your Cat About Catnip, Who Will?
    Don't you know that's what yardsticks are for? Great for pulling out a few dogs...lots of cats accumulated fur that is and always mice, and misc. other long lost toys! Oh yeah...pens, and straws too!
    ~*~ "None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed".
    Author Unknown ~*~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~BRRR~ I'VE BEEN FROSTED!!!~ BRRR~

We do under the frig every 6 months. All we ever find is lots of cat fur and the occasional piece of cat food. We do the same as Jen with the stove - take out the drawer.

The toys in this house end up in the cellar. Reese loves bouncing them down the stairs, running down to grab them, bring them up and start over again.

Hmmmm.....trouble with appliances. Well, maybe you should invest in a newer appliance...one with drawer attachments that are easier to slide in and out. Some friends of mine bought one that is on a wheel-type base and is easy to pull out and clean behind. Don't know where they got it from though.

As for moving my large appliances, well, I'm ashamed to say no and I'm afraid to see what's growing beneath them.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

OMG, you are supposed to move those things and actually CLEAN underneath them??

I don't want to know - that is just too much information..........ugh!
    Even if it is stuff that belongs to me and my cats.

(just kidding!)

lol...now you have me afraid...i though my cats were eating their toys...lol...(just kidding)...Shy's favorite toy(plastic ring off milk container), fit very well under the appliances and she is always asking me to get them...

ROFLOL!!! Jen the minute I saw the title of this thread I knew what was up!
    I haven't looked under the fridge in a long long time, kind of scared too actually. I used to pull the stove drawer out at least once a month so I could find most of their toys but I haven't done it in awhile. Every time I do it I have to drag five cats out from under there while I try to put the drawer back in!

Originally posted by gini
    OMG, you are supposed to move those things and actually CLEAN underneath them??

I don't want to know - that is just too much information..........ugh!
    Even if it is stuff that belongs to me and my cats.

(just kidding!)

It is our couch, it's all under our couch
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

I will have,to do that ,in the spare bedroom,as Scrappy 2,has lost hervfvaorite Toy,the squeeking mouse.And I will look,behind the fridge,as there are probably,as many Toys,as Jen found,when she moved hers.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Originally posted by catcrazylady
    [B]. Every time I do it I have to drag five cats out from under there while I try to put the drawer back in!
    ROTFL... I can just imagine the assmebly line... remove one cat while another jumps in, remove that cat, another jumps in.

San Francisco, CA, where life is happy and gay!
    Originally posted by Maya & Inka's mommy

It is our couch, it's all under our couch
    Same here! We received three new mice from Hartz on Satuday. Two of them are already "missing." I think the cats do it on purpose as it's another game in our house. I use the long back-scratcher to sweep the mice out from under the couch. It's one of their favorite games!

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here
    In memory of my beloved fur children, Goldie, Mishi and Mitzi.
    Rest in peace and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Goldie: 9/5/88 - 4/10/03
    Mishi: with us from 5/5/03 - 7/13/07
    Mitzi: with us from 4/19/03 - 1/23/10

I wont move any large appliances! I go buy new mice. Every time I get cat or dog food I get them a new pack of mice! I also fish out the mice from under the couch at least once a month. It's not very fun to do when you have a cat on each side of you hitting them back under the couch when you are trying to get them out. Or Cubby runs to the side of the couch and pushes against the broom to so I can't get them out. I give up after about 30 minutes of non stop fighting over where the mice belong!

I went on a search this weekend for them. I have only found 6 so far. Those were under the bed and or under the couch. So I guess they might be under the stove or the fridge.