Thread: New on Pet Talk

Hybrid View

I use Firefox and it doesn't matter that 'top' button doesn't work, the computer/laptop keyboard 'Home' button does the same thing, takes you to the top of the page.

For some reason, every time I hit the buttom "reply to thread", it takes me to quick reply instead of just the normal reply. It just started doing this a little while ago.

For some reason, every time I hit the buttom "reply to thread", it takes me to quick reply instead of just the normal reply. It just started doing this a little while ago.
    We just enabled that. If you want to make a reply with a title, or just have a bigger box to type in, you can hit "go advanced" which is just below the "Quick Reply" box.
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    We just enabled that. If you want to make a reply with a title, or just have a bigger box to type in, you can hit "go advanced" which is just below the "Quick Reply" box.
    Yes, this is what I've been doing. I just hate having to click "go advanced" so that I can use the emoticons.

Tracey, you can still use the emoticons when using the quick reply. On top line, next to the big A, is a smiley face, just click that and it'll bring them up.

I can see what you mean, Tracey. Whether you click on "Reply to Thread" or just "Reply" you still get the same little box without the emoticons, and to get them you have to click one more time. It would be neat if one of them would bring up the box with the emoticons.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

So as more people objected to it than said they liked it, we turned off the "quick reply" option. This is something we cannot do user by user - either everyone gets the option, or no one does. Just wanted to let everyone know!
    I've Been Frosted

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisH View Post
    I use Firefox and it doesn't matter that 'top' button doesn't work, the computer/laptop keyboard 'Home' button does the same thing, takes you to the top of the page.
    Hey - you're right. I have never used "home" on my keyboard, and actually had to go looking for it after I read what you posted. Amazing how observant that I am, seeing that it's the same keyboard I've had for 6+ years!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~