Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Please pray for Angel - update

Prayers for Angel!
    (and for you and the rest of the kitties!)

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

Get better soon, pretty Angel.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

Angel and I thank you all for the prayers and well wishes. So far the only thing I can say the med is doing for her is to make her slightly sleepy. Other than that, she is her normal self. Her eyes still quiver. I am beginning to wonder if it is possible she has had that from birth or since she was young and grew accustomed to it. I does not seem to effect her walking or balance in any way. I'd be walking into walls if it was me.

I did manage to get her full dose of med down her this morning. As for the second this afternoon, well at least SOME of it got into her. You should hear her scold me. She gives me her ack ack ack after I give it to her then stomps off and avoids me.
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!

Oh, what a good girl, Angel! I'm so glad you're taking your med (sort of) and doing what sounds like basically all right.

Hopes and prayers that the vets and Meowmie and you soon figure this out and get things under control.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Wondering how Angel is doing? Hope the meds are helping her rest. I would think this condition could make a cat
    or dog feel dizzy or experience nausea.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

At least you knows she's healthy enough to talk back! Not that that makes medicating her any easier, but ...
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by lizbud View Post
    Wondering how Angel is doing? Hope the meds are helping her rest. I would think this condition could make a cat
    or dog feel dizzy or experience nausea.
    Angel and I thank everyone for their prayers and well wishes. She seems just the same as always: no better or worse. The med does seem to make her sleepy and she zonks out for a while after she gets it. She eats normally and plays with her lazer light and hisses and bites at the brush if I dare try to brush her.

Her eyes are still quivering though. I'm wondering if somehow they could have been doing that for a long time, maybe even since kitten hood. She has never had any trouble walking or seeing.

I keep wondering if she might be a bit nervous since Chip picks on her a lot. Well, he picks on all of them. He is the most ornery cat I've ever had. Right now even her mom growls and hisses at her. I'm thinking they might smell the med she is taking. It smells like cherries.

I did manage to get both doses down her today.
    MY BLESSINGS:

Frankie

Prayers on the way for Angel and you too.

Thanks again everyone. Please keep the prayers coming. Her eyes seems to be a bit worse today. But that might be because I bug her every few minutes trying to look at them. As for her morning med, well, I just hope some of it got into her. She is a scrappy one!!! Really though, the only thing I've noticed it doing is make her sleepy. She still eats great and plays and acts normal except for her quivering eyeballs.
    MY BLESSINGS:

Frankie

Oh, I hope Angel will be okay! It sounds like she is, eating fighting back and playing. What is the medicine suppose to do? How old is she now?

Sending lots of good wishes for your sweet girl - and you, too.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Please don't be upset with Meowmie, Angel. She loves you and wants to make you feel better with the medicine from the vet. Many prayers are coming from our house for you and your wonderful Meowmie from Soncat and me. Amigo is also sending you feel better purrs.
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

Well, I did get some of her med in her tonight, except for the drop she flung on my forehead. She is still spunky for sure. I'm not real sure what the med is supposed to do. I had a dog once that had convulsions. She was on that to try and stop those. I guess it effects the nerves somehow. It has not effected her eyes at all.

One of our PT members who is a nurse told me that in humans that condition is called nystagmus.
    I looked it up and it can be congenital or acquired. If it effects cats the same way, she could have always had it. Since she never lets me hold her and seldom lets me pet her, I might not have noticed it. I'll be asking her vet about that when she goes back for a recheck in a couple of weeks.
    Thanks again everyone.
    MY BLESSINGS:

Frankie

Prayers on the way MOFF!! Sure hope Angel shows some improvement soon however seeing that she is "spunky" I take that as a good sign.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Quote Originally Posted by slick View Post
    Prayers on the way MOFF!! Sure hope Angel shows some improvement soon however seeing that she is "spunky" I take that as a good sign.
    Spunky she is, slick. She just flew through here with a case of the zoomies!!!
    (I managed to get all her med into her 3 hours ago. yay for me!!!)
    MY BLESSINGS:

Frankie

Quote Originally Posted by momoffuzzyfaces View Post
    Spunky she is, slick. She just flew through here with a case of the zoomies!!!
    (I managed to get all her med into her 3 hours ago. yay for me!!!)
    Dear spunky Angel Rose,

SMOOCH! I hope you are doing much better, pretty girl! I lit a candle for you...
    http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/...g&cid=20527311

Elyse
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678