Page 96 of 150 FirstFirst ... 468687888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106146 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,440 of 2246

Thread: movies you watched today

Grey Gardens w/Drew Barrymore. She did an incredible job of portraying Edie. She got her mannerisms down, her voice inflection and affectation, too. I saw the original documentary that the movie was based on. (I know, a movie based on a documentary?) and it's a sad story of depression and codependence. That isn't all it's about but I don't want to give it away. See it. Drew Barrymore surprised me.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Mary that sounds a good movie, i am a great fan of drew barrymore, i have never heard of it before, but will be enquiring at the video store soon.

Got Disaster movie out for hubby's birthday, i knew it was not my kind of movie, but thought both he and my daughter would enjoy it,i saw the beginning and thought how stupid it was, i never watched it, however hubby said it was just ok,not that great, have got the quantam of solace to watch this saturday,think it will be much better,even if it is still not exactly my type of movie.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Quote Originally Posted by carole View Post
    Mary that sounds a good movie, i am a great fan of drew barrymore, i have never heard of it before, but will be enquiring at the video store soon.
    I don't know that you'll be able to find it in the video stores, not yet anyhow. It's on HBO or Showtime, I forget which, as one of their specials.
    Blessings,
    Mary

star trek-no spoilers

saw it last night ....1-good special effects....2- slightly weak plot, 3-spocks' got game...
    joyce who has princess peanut, spokesdog for the catpack, mojo, magic, kira and squirty, members of the catpack, angel duke, a good dog who is missed and angel alex the wonder dog, handsome prince.

Forgot to mention: Jessica Lange was outstanding as Edie Sr. in the movie Grey Gardens. The woman and her daughter, Edie Jr., were relatives of Jackie Onassis and that's why the documentary was done about them. Don't miss this one.
    Blessings,
    Mary

Medusa, what was the name of the documentary?
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

Some T.V. on DVD:
    Beaverly Hills,90210 season 5
    Life season 1
    I plan to watch the longer version of Pride and Prejudice tomorrow.
    Nikki[human],Zippy[tabby],and Pumpkin[orange tabby]
    Rest in Peace my Sweet Hammie Zoey
    Jan 1,09-March 26,2010

Quote Originally Posted by blue View Post
    Medusa, what was the name of the documentary?
    Oh gosh, you had to ask me, didn't ya? I don't know, blue, I'm sorry. It was late at night and I couldn't sleep so I turned on the TV and watched it in bed. The name of the movie, though, is Grey Gardens, so maybe you can Google it or something and see what you can find out from there.

ETA: I thought I should Google it myself and, as it turns out, the documentary is called Grey Gardens as well. It's about Edie Beale and her daughter. I think that I may try to find the original documentary myself and watch it again. For some reason, both the documentary and the movie really touched me.
    Blessings,
    Mary

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Grey Garden is available on DVD at Amazon.com
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by pomtzu View Post
    Grey Garden is available on DVD at Amazon.com
    Thanx, Ellie. I should've thought to check. Hadn't had my coffee yet this morning when I posted. LOL I think that I'll buy the DVD myself. I'd like to see the documentary again.
    Blessings,
    Mary

Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    Thanx, Ellie. I should've thought to check. Hadn't had my coffee yet this morning when I posted. LOL I think that I'll buy the DVD myself. I'd like to see the documentary again.
    I don't have HBO, so I think I'm going to get it too. I've heard nothing but good reviews about it.
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3

RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013

Quote Originally Posted by pomtzu View Post
    I don't have HBO, so I think I'm going to get it too. I've heard nothing but good reviews about it.
    Well, beware that the documentary is very difficult to watch, rather like a car accident that you can't turn away from. You just have to look. It made me very sad and I felt like a voyeur into the lives of severely dysfunctional people but yet I just had to keep watching. The movie (w/Drew Barrymore) about the documentary is much easier viewing. The movie will more than likely be available for purchase soon enough.

One thing that's very disturbing is the amount of cats that they had and the cats peed and pooped everywhere and right in front of them, too. They left it all there for years to accumulate and the smell and dilapidation of the house prompted neighbors to call authorities and that's what prompted the documentary.
    Blessings,
    Mary

Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    Well, beware that the documentary is very difficult to watch, rather like a car accident that you can't turn away from. You just have to look. It made me very sad and I felt like a voyeur into the lives of severely dysfunctional people but yet I just had to keep watching. The movie (w/Drew Barrymore) about the documentary is much easier viewing. The movie will more than likely be available for purchase soon enough.

One thing that's very disturbing is the amount of cats that they had and the cats peed and pooped everywhere and right in front of them, too. They left it all there for years to accumulate and the smell and dilapidation of the house prompted neighbors to call authorities and that's what prompted the documentary.
    Yeah - I know that feeling of morbid fascination - don't want to look but can't turn away. I think a lot of folks experienced that with 9/11 - I know I did. Don't want to see it, but keep watching in hopes that it really isn't real.
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3

RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013

I saw Star Trek and I really enjoyed it. Awesome pre-quel. ;D

Ive been too busy watching The Fresh Prince of Bell Air to watch Grey Gardens and a bunch others Ive been waiting to watch.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.