Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Baby products? Questions for PT skin kid moms.

Quote Originally Posted by finn's mom View Post
    What do you folks think of this set? We won't be ordering it from this site, but we really like the crib (it is a 4-in-1). The set includes the crib and the changing table, which has two shelves behind the doors. We have plenty of closet space, so I don't think I'm going to get a dresser at this point.

http://www.cymaxbaby.com/Common/NoBo...ribSet-PKG.htm

I love the crib. It's gorgeous. I wish I could afford something like that.
    The Britax car seat looks like a winner too.
    I've been racking my brain on what kind of crib, bedding and car seat too.
    I'll choose the bedding when I know what it will be. I can't wait for Feb. 20th. How are you feeling? I'm still doing well. The only thing is that I've been living with a semi permanent back ache already. I can't seem to find a good position to sleep in.

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    Quote Originally Posted by beeniesmom View Post
    I love the crib. It's gorgeous. I wish I could afford something like that.
    The Britax car seat looks like a winner too.
    I've been racking my brain on what kind of crib, bedding and car seat too.
    I'll choose the bedding when I know what it will be. I can't wait for Feb. 20th. How are you feeling? I'm still doing well. The only thing is that I've been living with a semi permanent back ache already. I can't seem to find a good position to sleep in.
    The crib alone is under $300 and goes all the way into a full size bed, so that makes it worth it. The link is to the set, which has the changing table, too. Believe me, there are only a couple things I'm willing to put some money into. Most everything else, I'm looking for the least expensive route.

I've been feeling great, everything feels like it did before I got pregnant, really. I think the only reason I don't have back aches is because I started using an exercise ball to sit at the computer instead of a chair. That sucks that you are already having trouble finding sleeping positions. I thought that was supposed to start happening when your belly got too big! You are a week ahead of me, though. Maybe that's what I have to look forward to, eh?
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

Love what you have picked out for your little one, Kari. As for your question on the car seat, both of our girls are in Britax marathons, and we love them. Our girls are both little, so they will probably stay in those same seats until it is time to move them up to boosters. Mary Joyce used the marathon from the beginning (when she came home at 9 months), starting out rear facing, and then turning it around at 1 year/20 pounds. We moved Katherine up when she got too heavy for carrying her around in the travel system seat and also when she was able to sit up on her own. (That way, she was able to sit up in high chairs in restaurants or shopping carts in stores, and we didn't really need to carry her in her car seat anyway.) She is now forward-facing, too. The seats are well-padded, and seem comfortable, and we really like the safety ratings. We are planning on a third one eventually for baby Malcom. One thing is, they are very wide seats. When we found out we were expecting again, we went on and upgraded our vehicle to a mini-van because there was no way to fit 3 car seats in the back seat of our Grand Prix. That said, 2 of them fit in the Grand Prix just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by prechrswife View Post
    Love what you have picked out for your little one, Kari. As for your question on the car seat, both of our girls are in Britax marathons, and we love them. Our girls are both little, so they will probably stay in those same seats until it is time to move them up to boosters. Mary Joyce used the marathon from the beginning (when she came home at 9 months), starting out rear facing, and then turning it around at 1 year/20 pounds. We moved Katherine up when she got too heavy for carrying her around in the travel system seat and also when she was able to sit up on her own. (That way, she was able to sit up in high chairs in restaurants or shopping carts in stores, and we didn't really need to carry her in her car seat anyway.) She is now forward-facing, too. The seats are well-padded, and seem comfortable, and we really like the safety ratings. We are planning on a third one eventually for baby Malcom. One thing is, they are very wide seats. When we found out we were expecting again, we went on and upgraded our vehicle to a mini-van because there was no way to fit 3 car seats in the back seat of our Grand Prix. That said, 2 of them fit in the Grand Prix just fine.
    Great review, thank you! Seriously, I've not heard anyone say anything bad about the seat! That's important to me. My mother got us one already that is part of a travel system and we will use it as well. But it only goes up to about 25 pounds or something. We have a Honda Civic as our main vehicle, so we'd definitely have to upgrade if and when we added more members to our human family. But, for now, it'll be fine for the three of us.

I have a question about strollers, now. I want to find a stroller that you can reverse the handle and have the baby face you. The only ones I have found online are really pricey. I'm putting one of them on our registry, but would like to find a less expensive one. Any suggestions?
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

I will echo the comment that the Britax Marathon is BIG! I have a Honda Civic, and J's seat is in the centerr. Only super thin people can sit comfortably on either side of him. And, with the size of the civic, J is now big enough to sit his feet on the driver's seat and passenger's seat, right next to the head rest. I sometimes turn around to say something to him and stare at an bottom of a shoe!

Quote Originally Posted by Cataholic View Post
    I will echo the comment that the Britax Marathon is BIG! I have a Honda Civic, and J's seat is in the centerr. Only super thin people can sit comfortably on either side of him. And, with the size of the civic, J is now big enough to sit his feet on the driver's seat and passenger's seat, right next to the head rest. I sometimes turn around to say something to him and stare at an bottom of a shoe!
    Well, I'm pretty small, so it shouldn't be a problem. It did seem big, I saw it at the store. I'm sure we will be getting another vehicle at some point, but for now, the Civic is it. If it's too bulky, David will not wait long before he gets another vehicle.

Quote Originally Posted by Cataholic View Post
    Haha. We too have a Britax (I think Marathon) and it is big, but so worth it (in my opinion). We kept Nathan rear facing until he was 20 months, we turned him because he was kicking so bad and decided he may be happier forward facing. He does enjoy the new view, but now he kicks the back of my seat! I can't believe he can reach my seat in the minivan!
    - Kari
    skin kids- Nathan, Topher, & Lilla

Quote Originally Posted by KBlaix View Post
    Haha. We too have a Britax (I think Marathon) and it is big, but so worth it (in my opinion). We kept Nathan rear facing until he was 20 months, we turned him because he was kicking so bad and decided he may be happier forward facing. He does enjoy the new view, but now he kicks the back of my seat! I can't believe he can reach my seat in the minivan!
    We moved the captain's chair in our mini-van with Mary Joyce's seat in it as far back as it would go because she also kicks the back of the driver's seat. We kind of had the same reaction as you did, and she isn't even very tall.

We got the evenflo triumph convertable carseat.

We love it.

R.I.P my dear Sweet Teddy. You will be missed forever. We love you.

http://www.hannahshands.etsy.com

Quote Originally Posted by sparks19 View Post
    We got the evenflo triumph convertable carseat.

We love it.
    What are the qualities you like about it?

What are the qualities you like about it?
    well maybe it's just the kind of car we have but it fits nicely in the back seat... it IS large but I find that she still has lots of leg room without being able to kick the seats (yet) and I also find that it's taller than many that we looked at so allows more room for height growth which is good for Hannah as she is very long in the upper body.

I love the way the harness works. Easy to adjust the height at the shoulder (which again is GREAT for hannah since she is so long in the upper body) and get her belted in and it's a cinch to tighten and loosen while still being very secure. You just strap them in and turn the knobs until it's tight enough. It tightens from the bottom around the thighs rather than pulling it up around the neck.

I like how when front facing it doesn't make her lean forward (does that make sense?). Some car seats we looked at even when reclined are really straight up and down but this one seems to lean back a little bit

Also it's easy to get the covering off and on so it can be cleaned.

Super easy to install in the car (although sometimes tightening the belt can be a sweat inducing experience the first time lol)

Good safety ratings. and protects against side impact accidents.

and it was affordable.

I've also gone by a little word of mouth on this carseat. I know a few people who use this one and they love it.

Oh and BTW... I meant to say it's called the evenflo triumph advanced

R.I.P my dear Sweet Teddy. You will be missed forever. We love you.

http://www.hannahshands.etsy.com

I will say this, as far as the seat kicking thing goes, Mary Joyce is 3 years old. Katherine (18 months) can't reach it (seat) at all. Also, the Britax covers clean up well in the washer and dryer.

Any suggestions on strollers? If anyone knows of a site for strollers where you can plug in the features you want? Kinda like they do on auto sites. I'd like to find a stroller where I can reverse the handle so the baby can face me. I have found a few, but they are all really expensive. The one I really want is under 20 pounds, but over $300!

Any suggestions on strollers? If anyone knows of a site for strollers where you can plug in the features you want? Kinda like they do on auto sites. I'd like to find a stroller where I can reverse the handle so the baby can face me. I have found a few, but they are all really expensive. The one I really want is under 20 pounds, but over $300!
    I've never seen one of the reversible handle kind that isn't expensive. You might try consignment stores, though. Sometimes you can find items in great condition at a much more affordable price. We would really like to have a jogging stroller because the wheels will roll better on the beach or at the playground than any of the ones we have, but we can't quite justify the expense of a 4th stroller unless we find one at a good price on consignment. (Just adding--we have a single stroller, a double stroller, and an umbrella stroller already.)

Quote Originally Posted by prechrswife View Post
    I've never seen one of the reversible handle kind that isn't expensive. You might try consignment stores, though. Sometimes you can find items in great condition at a much more affordable price. We would really like to have a jogging stroller because the wheels will roll better on the beach or at the playground than any of the ones we have, but we can't quite justify the expense of a 4th stroller unless we find one at a good price on consignment. (Just adding--we have a single stroller, a double stroller, and an umbrella stroller already.)
    Yeah, I've been thinking of checking out craigslist. I like those jogging strollers a lot, too, but don't know how much use we'd get out of them right now. Maybe one day. I put the expensive stroller on our registry anyway, just to see if we get any bites.