Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: K9 Karen and Cody need our prayers

Karen, I am so sorry I haven't replied until now. Every time I start to read this thread, I start crying so hard I have to leave the computer. But you have been in my thoughts and prayers. I am so sorry you are going through this. Its wonderful to hear that he's doing better. Please try to stay strong and know how many people are praying for you and Cody. You're a very special person and I'm sure Cody takes after his mama. And when the time comes, Cody will be able to see your father again. I am sure they will both love that. You've given Cody such a wonderful and happy life. Just remember that. And remember you both have a special place in all of our hearts and we are all thinking of you.
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

How's Cody doing today, Karen??? Hoping for a good report.

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Cisco and I are def. keeping Cody in our prayers. I'm sorry to hear of this and I pray that Cody will be pain free.
    Chihuahua Lover
    Don't Litter Spay&Neuter

How do I love thee? The ways are numberless as the hairs on the rug!

Yes and how is our Cody today, I hope he is still doing well. Lots of hugs going his way.
    Jackie

Originally posted by Corinna
    If you brush your love I will spin it for you to have a lovely "gold memory" to hold and feel the softness. I will pm you my address.
    Corinna- that's marvelous. I've heard of this before. What a wonderful thing that would be to have. I still have my Stolly's brush filled with a small amount hair from the last time I brushed his beautiful little white body, and I treasure it. I hope Karen takes you up on this.

Karen- I hope you and Cody had a wonderful weekend filled with lots of tail wagging and stinky feet and slobbery kisses. Hope Cody's hangin' in there and you're doing ok.

I also have been thinking of you and Cody this weekend. I hope everything is ok.

Hi, Cody ~

SmokeMutt here...

Missed seein ya atta BarkPark tuday!!

Hope ya had a lotta Qualitee Tyme wiff yer Mom this weekend!

Me, Cinder, and Dad are all hopin fur da Best wiff ya!!

Love Always,
    /s/ Cinder, Smokey & Heidi

R.I.P. ~ Boots, Bowser, Sherman, & Snoopy

Karen, I thought of you all weekend and hope that you had a good weekend with the Big Galoot. I hope you will get a chance to type an update today while you are at work. (((hugs)))

Just wondering how Cody was doing today

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Perhaps no news is good news??? I am certainly hoping so. Karen, I have thought about you non-stop all weekend long, but didn't call because I didn't want to interrupt the lovin sessions going on at your house!! Check in please!!!

I too am checking in to see how Cody's weekend went. Karen, we know you have priorities that need to be attended to, but if there is a spare minute, let us know. Like the others said, you are on our mind and in our prayers.
    *Until one has loved an animal, a part of ones soul remains unawakened.* Anatole France

I have also been thinking of you this weekend, and would love to hear an update. I agree, maybe no news is good news
    Hope you're feeling better, Cody!!
    Emily, Kito, Abbey, Riley, and Jada

I spoke with Karen last night and she was pretty upbeat and thinking positively. It was so good to hear her laughing and joking, again. Cody's still doing quite well. His spirits seem good and he seems to still enjoy his outies and snuggling, loving, etc. He eats sporadically; sometimes a good portion, at other times he's a bit more picky. She wonders if his mouth is hurting, and started thinking about the vet's comment about possible autoimmune deficieny and Killian's troubles with his mouth and possible liver involvement. But he did enjoy a "late night snack" with Karen the other night...a little Entenmann's jelly donut! The good news is his leg and his "private parts" are looking lots better; the swelling has gone down and they are not as blue. Now that she's over the overwhelming shock of the initial findings, she thinking that she really needs to know the diagnosis. He has those small spots on his lungs, but the vet said that they are secondary sights. She wonders about his clotting deficiency and anemia. They never did an ultrasound or cat scan or MRI, SO, she plans on calling U. of Penn. today to sched. an MRI to try and get a the root of the problem. She is concerned though that they may have to mildly sedate him and wonders what affect that will have on his condition...she will discuss it with them before making a final decision. She said she really needs to know what she is dealing with before deciding how to proceed. She doesn't want to prolong any suffering. But, if there is anything they can do for him, she wants to know that too. On a sweet note, she told me that she, her Mom and Cody all camp out in the den at night to sleep. Cody on the floor on his blankie with Karen and Mom on separate couches! They both want to be near their boy in case he needs them! Karen will be checking in later!! Paws crossed for perhaps some encouraging news!!!
    Last edited by tatsxxx11; 03-31-2003 at 09:10 AM.

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Thanks for the update, Sandra. I have been waiting anxiously for it.

I'm glad Cody is doing at least a bit better. I think it is a great idea to get as good a diagnosis as possible. It gives you something to fight with. If you know what you are dealing with, you can get ideas on how to fight it. Good luck on all the testing, though. If you have any questions about liver or autoimmune disease (or now even lympatosic sarcoma), please ask me. Killian has been very mildly sedated at times for some procedures successfully.

My heart goes out to you on what you are going through. Take one day at a time and shower Cody with love as much as you can (I know you do!!) Yes, I've also slept with my dogs in the family room when they were too sick to come upstairs to sleep. I've even done that with both fosters (one on the kitchen floor, sharing a pillow). Our dogs are family, even if they are furry! I am praying for a miracle here. Good luck to you and Cody. Know that you are in my thoughts and prayers constantly!
    Save a life, ADOPT!!
    Sue

Rainbow Bridge Angels: Thor, Shiloh and Killian, Avalanche and Wolf
    (RB Gaylord and Bandit, fosters who have touched my heart)

Thanks for the update Sandra, prayers are still going to Karen and Cody, of course we all pray for a miracle for that sweet boy.
    I hope there is good news today, and I'm glad Karen is starting to feel better.
    Jackie