Page 81 of 150 FirstFirst ... 31717273747576777879808182838485868788899091131 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 2246

Thread: movies you watched today

Anne of the Thousand Days w/Genevieve Bujold and Richard Burton. I wanted to compare their account of Henry VIII and Anne Boleyn to other movies and books. Richard Burton made me laugh; he's so dramatic. He'd wrinkle up his nose as though he was going to sneeze and then he spit out his words as though they tasted bad. It was a stormy night, though, so it was a good pasttime.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

I finally got around to renting and watching Balto today as I've never seen it. I loved it.

Niņo & Eliza

I've seen tons of movies the past little while.. I got a part-time job back at my old work (theatre).

Get Smart - HILLARIOUS! Great movie and cast!

Love Guru - Absolutely lived up to my expectations.. so many funny bits. Might check it out again.

The Happening - I want the two hours of my life back. It was like they ran out of money for the movie and ended it right there. Total disappointment.

Iron Man - I LOVED this movie! The action and graphics were just wonderful. Great cast too.

Hulk - Another fantastic one. Once again, action and graphics were great.

What Happens in Vegas - Eh... predictable but alright.

You Don't Mess with the Zohan - FUNNY! Not classic Adam Sandler funny.. but highly entertaining!

Kai [Sheltie], Kaedyn [Sheltie], Keeva [Malinois], Kwik [Malinois]

I just got back from seeing "Wanted". It was pretty awesome, but also pretty stupid. I'm not going to give much away but it there was none stop action and gore. I love Angelina Jolie's driving It was pretty intense. As I said it was a little confusing at the beginning especially and the plot was stupid at some parts but overall it was good. 10/10 on the action/gore scale.

Wedding Crashers. =)

"This is a real world lady! You just can't go on shooting people on a whim!"

haha..
    You're the one sure thing I've found so you better stick around...
    Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful man that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

I just finished watching Como Agua Por Chocolate. (Like Water For Chocolate)
    I liked it a lot. Usually, when I like a movie, I have two reactions, I either watch it right over again, or I sit there and think about it. This one is the second. I knew nothing about it coming into it, my parents rented it and so I decided to watch it. My mom told me she originally got the book because she liked the cover, but it turned out to be one of the best books she had ever read.
    It turned out to be very much like Romeo and Juliet at the end, which I wasn't expecting, but I should have guessed from the way they did the beginning.

If you've never heard of it, it's about Tita, a young woman living on a ranch in Mexico during the time of the revolution with her two sisters, mother, and maids. She is destined to never marry because she is the youngest daughter, she must take care of her mother for the rest of her life. Enter Pedro, it's love at first sight, but her mother will never allow it. I won't tell you any more since I don't want to give away the whole plot before you watch it.

Argh, I forgot that I watched Jersey Girl last night on TNT. I remember not being thrilled with it at all when I saw the trailer, but I was flipping channels and I caught the very beginning, so I watched, and I liked it.

Now I'm about to watch Firefly for the billionth time. I love it too much, it seems to just get better every time. Joss is Boss.
    Last edited by Suki Wingy; 07-03-2008 at 01:56 AM. Reason: add another movie

Niņo & Eliza

I watched Vantage Point last night. I thought it was a really good movie--I watched it with my mom though and she didn't like how it went back and forth so much..you know how it went to the beginning several times and showed what happened to each of the people..

I also saw 10,000 BC I loved it..it was a sweet/sad story.. I cried at the end...
    *Some people come into your life and quickly go, but some leave footprints on your heart and you are never the same*
    *We only fall so we can learn to pick ourselves back up*
    *Life is not measured by the amount of breaths we take but by those that take our breath away*
    *Life is made of millions of moments, but we live only one of these at a time. As we begin to change this moment we begin to change our lives*

I've been wanting to see 10,000 BC, I'm glad you liked it.

Niņo & Eliza

I saw Kung Fu Panda, Wall-E and Wanted recently..

Kung Fu Panda:
    SO incredibly funny! I normally don't like animated movies but it was a good laugh!

Wall-E:
    The movie was really cute.. very funny and a simple love story behind it too.

Wanted:
    I LOVED THIS MOVIE!! It's possibly my new favorite movie. Tons of action, awesome visual effects, gore and I actually really enjoyed the storyline.

Kai [Sheltie], Kaedyn [Sheltie], Keeva [Malinois], Kwik [Malinois]

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    Quote Originally Posted by Suki Wingy View Post
    Now I'm about to watch Firefly for the billionth time. I love it too much, it seems to just get better every time. Joss is Boss.

No joke. I am a huge Firefly fan. Did you watch the show or Serenity, the movie? I was just thinking of having a Firefly watching party with a friend this week.
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

Quote Originally Posted by binka_nugget View Post
    Wall-E:
    The movie was really cute.. very funny and a simple love story behind it too.
    I thought this movie was beautiful! Nice little warning for us, too, I thought. It's amazing how they can animate a character like Wall-E and make him so endearing!
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

Count me in as a Firefly fan too! I loved the movie and the series. My co-worker has the box set and I borrow it from time to time. It was on t.v. a few weeks ago (when I called in sick...cough...cough).

My co-worker said the series lasted one year. I never saw the series when it was on t.v.
    I love Fenway, JoJo, Olivia and Nonnie!

Quote Originally Posted by elizabethann View Post

My co-worker said the series lasted one year. I never saw the series when it was on t.v.

Neither did I. The first I'd even heard of it was when the film came out. I went to see it with friends and they told me about the series and the fan base and the history of it. So, I immediately went out and bought the DVDs and watched all of them in a weekend. It's the only tv series I've ever loved like that.

I forgot about this thread. I had my nieces up in Tahoe with me for a few days and we rented 5 movies!! Bruce was like....why do you go to Tahoe to sit inside and watch movies? Well, because we didn't know what else to do. LOL We didn't have money to do much more.
    Anyway we watched:
    27 Dresses
    Definitely, Maybe
    Fool's Gold
    How She Move
    10,000 BC

It was nice to be "home" where you can wear your pj's and pause it to go potty.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Quote Originally Posted by finn's mom View Post
    No joke. I am a huge Firefly fan. Did you watch the show or Serenity, the movie? I was just thinking of having a Firefly watching party with a friend this week.
    That night I watched Shindig. I wanted to see Mal duel, as I'm in fencing class now.
    I was introduced to it by my parents, who rented Serenity, and then I loved it so we started getting Firefly from Blockbuster Online. I found the whole season for $20 at Target a little over a year ago, it was probably the best $20 ever spent.
    Now I have 4 Firefly/Serenity shirts, I'm wearing one today, actually. I love it when I see another Browncoat.

I used to watch Angel when it was on TV, I'm a little too young to have watched Buffy when it was on, I'm exactly 10 years younger than Buffy. I watched the first 2 seasons of it on hulu.com but that's all they had, so I'm waiting for blockbuster online to have season 3, disk 1 available.

Niņo & Eliza