Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Two Orphaned Cats - Can you Help???

Thur. 8AM

Sorry I wasn't posting last night. I was at Mary's, my girlfriend's, with Freddy. He rested alright but he is way too listless. He's not eating or drinking and, unfortunately, not peeing either. I'm just not sure what's wrong. Any ideas? He is just quiet, hiding under a desk, not crying out and doesn't seem to be in pain. I don't know what is normal or abnormal in this situation. I will be calling the vet again shortly. Worried

Eric

Help on the way

Help is on the way ~~Czicat is coming from Ashland to see Freddy ~ she is a Vet Tech. I must run to meet her by the freeway in Canal Fulton ~~ Please wish us luck ~~

Keep us Posted, Eric

Thanks for jumping in with a note...I was concerned, as I know everyone following little Freddy's situation is. We'll keep the prayers coming and hope he'll perk up.

Bari

Freddy and Puddy's story: http://www.cathappy.com/Rescue1.htm
    Last edited by Bari_d; 08-08-2002 at 09:28 AM.

Fingers and paws crossed in Europe

I cried when I read Freddy's and Puddy's story the first time.
    Me and all my friends here in Chisinau are keeping our fingers crossed for Freddy and Puddy to find a forever home.
    We wish them good luck

Eric, My guess is that Freddy is just traumatized and bewildered by all that has happened. Lost his dad, doesn't know where his buddy Puddy is, two strange vets and other strangers in the past few days, and now another one. If I were him, I'd be hiding in a dark closet.
    Abbie

Freddy's update--3:15pm bad news

Eric and i took Freddy into the vet this morning because his bladder seemed to be enlarged and he was guarding his stomach area. we were concerned that something was happening inside of him and wanted to make sure he was ok. as it turns out, it was a good thing we did take him in--his bladder was full and had even torn a little, and he was leaking fluid into his abdomen. How the bladder got so full in such a short time, noone knows. He is being operated on as we speak and needs your prayers. we will update you as information becomes available. Thank you.

Oh no! Such a terrible setback when we thought he was doing so good. Poor little Freddy. I feel so bad for him. I sure hope he pulls through and is able to find a forever home that will make this all worth it.

Poor Puddy too for having to be so long without her brother.

Chin up Freddy boy, you can do it!
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

czicat,

Thanks for the update. I'm sorry to hear about Freddy. You guys are in my thoughts and prayers.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Poor Freddy! I feel so badly that he has been through so much already, and apparently it's not over yet. He's in my prayers. I sure do hope he comes through the surgery okay and that he will be fine after this. Eric, you're in my prayers too. I can only imagine how stressful this whole episode has been, and is for you.
    Abbie

Sorry for butting in this late. I hope Freddy will feel better after the surgery and soon be with his beloved furfriend Puddy in a forever loving home with quit surroundings. That's what they need! They both look gorgeous and deserve the very best after this ordeal. Poor kitties!

I take my hat of to you Eric, Moosmum and you all for the work you've done to save those two cuties. Wish I could have helped too!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

I recently rescued a mother cat and her 2 kittens. I probably wouldn't have been able to do it without the help of my neighbors and friends, who pitched in to help find homes for the cats. Maybe your neighbors will do the same.

You all still can help!

Randi, everyone - you still can help. There just has to be someone out there that can take them. True, we want to see the outcome for Freddy first, but please keep circulating their web page...we need prayers and the right person to see the story.

http://www.cathappy.com/Rescue1.htm

God bless all of you who are praying and holding good thoughts for Freddy and Puddy. I know this has been a very hard day for Eric, but we have to have hope for this little guy. He's fought so hard, and he's still so young.

Czicat...we all apprecite your involvement...

Bari et al

There just has to be some way to find a home for these two!

I wonder if moving them to a different state would be wise. I just know there must be some place that would take them. As I said before, they are not that old. Four years old isn't that big of a deal.

What if we run an ad in a paper, near where they live. And then we all chip in for the cost?

Exposure is what this matter needs, and it sure does beat me as to how it could be done.

Any thoughts?

Maybe we should auction them on Ebay. Just kidding, but hey, there's some exposure for you!

How frustrating!

Our Little Freddy

Freddy 6:30pm Thursday

How much can a poor Orange Kitty stand?? This has just been Awful !!! The news is guarded tonight. He is out of surgery and resting, and the next 24-48 hr will tell where we go from here. If this poor baby makes It. He had adhesions formed inside his abdominal wall from an accident he had several years ago, and one of them fused the bladder to the abdominal wall, and even encased his little urethra (but the urethra is still working!). His bladder was torn in three places, and urine had leaked into his abdominal cavity. The vet placed a tube in him to wash out his insides, to make sure he doesn't get an infection. His urinary catheter is back in, and will remain in for another couple of days while his bladder heals. The removal of the catheter will tell us what we need to know about the bladder and if it will work alright on its own. If Freddy gets through the next few days ok, the vet said he will probably be able to live a pretty normal life.

Please keep those prayers coming for Freddy. He's been through the mill, and he needs our strength & Prayers right now. I called Czicat and she drove 1 hour to help { she and I met only on this post before today}~ without her knowledge Freddy would have been dead. We got him to the emergency Vets right away ~ even though I was told to wait and see by the Vet on the phone ~~ I just can't thank Catherine {Czicat} enough she has a shelter and has over 30 cat herself. She was Freddy's Cat Angel today.

I don't know what else to say ~ again and again when there is a little light ~~ The bad news never stops ~~ This poor baby has fought SO hard ~ he deserves the life he has fought so hard to win ~~~~ this is so not right

Eric, Thanks for the update. You know we will all continue to pray for poor little Freddy.
    Abbie