Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Corkscrew is sick again. (new update post 127)

Will keep Corkscrew in my thoughts. Hope he'll feel better soon!

Kirsten

Corkscrew is sick again

Hi Corkscrew, How are you feeling today? I hope you feel better and you're able to eat something. That will help you feel a whole lot better. Lots and lots of kitty prayers are being prayed for you to be up and at 'em again very soon!

Your friend,
    Groucho
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

Still no sign of improvment, he still seems to be about the same. The force feeding sessions are getting a little thougher now. I'm not sure if he's starting to get fed up or if he just has more energy. I'm hoping that he has more energy. I tried calling my vet today to see if it's possible for me to do sub-q fluids at home but she wasn't in. So I sent an email to one of the girls on my rugby team who is a tech at the clinic, I asked if it was possible and if she could teach me or come over a couple of times a week to adminster the fluids. Hopefully I hear back from her, if not my vet is in tomorrow so I'll give her a call.
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

Corkscrew...what is the MATTER, sweetie? Please start eating on your own so your meowmie doesn't worry, and can get some rest!

Do you think there is any point contacting the pet psychic to see what Corkscrew is thinking? Or I guess this is just all physical...

HUGS and PRAYERS!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Corkscrew is still in my thoughts and prayers.
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

Corkscrew still isn't showing any real signs of improvement. He's stopped asking for attention and now spends all of his time under the bed. The force feeding sessions aren't going very well, I think he's starting to get fed up with everything. We tried doing sub-q fluids at home but it really seemed to stress him out so I'm not sure if I should continue or not. He started vommiting again and despite putting him back on anti-nausea medicine he is vommiting at least once a day. I can't help but wonder if I'm doing all of this for his sake or for mine. I spoke with my vet on Tuesday and he suggested running more tests on him but the truth is that I really can't afford to do anything more. I'm also just not sure if running more tests will help. I starting to feel that he isn't going to be able to bounce back. I'm not totally ready to give up on him yet, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I see some kind of sign soon.
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

Oh Laura, I'm sorry to hear this...
    Lots of love and hugs on the way for you both...
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

Laura, I'm so sorry to hear this. I hope that he'll start showing some signs of improvement. Everything you're posting sure makes me remember my RB Pepper when he was so sick. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent Corkscrews way. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

{{{{{{{Laura}}}}}}}. I am so sorry that Corkscrew is so sick. I certainly know how yo feel about more tests. Sometimes they don't even give you the answers you need. you and Corkscrew are in my prayers.

I'm so sorry to read this. I will pray things take an upward swing for you and Corkscrew. Good luck with this.
    Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) is a full management plan in which stray and feral cats already living outdoors in cities, towns, and rural areas are humanely trapped, then evaluated, vaccinated, and sterilized by veterinarians. Kittens and tame cats are adopted into good homes. Healthy adult cats too wild to be adopted are returned to their familiar habitat under the lifelong care of volunteers

Sometimes we can run tests endlessly and still can't get to the heart of the matter. I'm so sorry that Corkscrew is still sick and not responding. You'll know in your heart whether or not to continue w/it and you'll do what's best for him. Mega prayers going out to you both.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Did Corkscrew have an x-ray? And nothing showed?

Sometimes an x-ray expert can look at them again...my mom's vet did that with her cat.

Ultrasound?

I know you wouldn't ask for help, but help is here, you know that!

{{{HUGS}}} and prayers!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Laura, I'm so sorry to hear things aren't better for Corkscrew.

My suggestions, if you're not quite ready to give up yet, is either an ultrasound or x-ray, like Catty1 said. I think you mentioned that he was x-rayed, so maybe try an ultrasound this time. You just never know what might show up - either good or bad.

{{{hugs}}} and thoughts and prayers sent. I know how stressful all this can be on the human component, especially when things start getting more and more expensive, with no cure in sight.

{{{hugs}}}
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

Oh no, I was hoping for a good update by now. Poor Corkscrew, what a sick little guy.

Prayers and positive thoughts on the way!

From Decker with Love

Poor Corkscrew.... I hope that there will be some improvement soon. Thoughts and prayers for the both of you coming your way.