Page 7 of 98 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161757 ... LastLast

Thread: We have babies!!! New baby pics #466

I bottle raised a feral kitten once that the belly looked just like that.. The Vet said a piece of grass had gotten into thru the belly button/cord & caused a infection.. It sure looks just like what this kitten has.. Yes for sure take the baby to the Vets.. Sending Lots of Prayers for wittle Angel..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Thanks for the prayers and well wishes everyone. They worked again!!!

Angel is home and with her mommy now. She did have a abcess. I about fainted when the vet opened that thing. They gave her antibiotic to take twice a day.

They also said to bathe her as needed for the fleas using Dawn dish soap. They gave me some, so she had her first bath when we got home, a good toweling off, then a fluff dry with my hair dryer.

Angel sends a big to Auntie Jen who made me take a better look at that sweet tummy!

Almost forgot to tell you about Angel's mommy, Winnie's, big break through. She now lets me pick her up and cuddle her!!!!! Can't believe this is the same cat I had to almost wear armour around just a week ago!!!
    Last edited by momoffuzzyfaces; 08-31-2009 at 02:51 PM.
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!

Good news on baby Angel! She'll be a healthy kitty now thanks to PT and you!

Gee...if momcat is cuddling, then I guess SHE is next for a bath?

Great news all around!

(PS many many years ago I took a cat of mine in for a bump on his spine - it was an abcess. He was black, so it was hard to see. The vet just picked lightly at the scab, and then....let's just say I totally understand your almost fainting!)
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Sending a little kiss for Angel. And a big for Winnie for being so brave and deciding humans aren't all bad.

I think Winnie is beginning to believe that humans aren't so bad after all. Angel knew that all along. Sending prayers that these to find a good home!
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

Quote Originally Posted by katladyd View Post
    I think Winnie is beginning to believe that humans aren't so bad after all. Angel knew that all along. Sending prayers that these to find a good home!
    Angel will for sure be staying with me. Winnie may too. I'm not sure I can let her go now. We'll just have to see how it goes when I bring Angel inside.
    MY BLESSINGS:

Frankie

I'm so glad you took Jenn's advice & checked out Angels tummy area.

This story just keeps getting better and better. Sounds like great news
    for momma & baby girl, Angel. It's great that momma has calmed down
    and lets you get closer.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Oh, God bless you... for looking after and caring for these precious little ones. They will both for sure have a wonderful home.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

oh my i am overcome with emotion reading your thread that you may take Winnie as well, i hope you can, i know it is a big ask, but i am so glad she has won you around,she knows a good person when she sees one.

I know it is not definite yet, but i hope with all my heart you can take her in and she will fit in with your other cats,fingers and all paws crossed here for a happy outcome.

Yes i thought babies belly looked a bit red and swollen too, but then i thought hey what do i know about newborn kittens, so glad you took Angel and she is doing well.

May heaps of good karma come your way, for being such a kind caring person and looking after these two sweet kitties,BTW Angel is so pretty, as is her mother.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Quote Originally Posted by momoffuzzyfaces View Post
    Angel will for sure be staying with me. Winnie may too. I'm not sure I can let her go now. We'll just have to see how it goes when I bring Angel inside.
    Where are they now, MoFF? Are they still in the shed? I bet baby Angel smells delicious now that she has had a bath. If Winnie does have fleas, can she receive flea medication, or will you have to wait till baby is weaned? How precious that she has let you cuddle her. They are both so cute, I hope they both get to stay. Huge HUGS to you for taking such good care of them!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Oh, I hope it all goes well when you bring them indoors! I've got my fingers crossed and my lucky rabbit's foot out!
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

Angel's tummy looks a lot better today. She sure hates taking her med though. Her mom, doesn't like her taking it either. But we managed.

Oh, Angel weights a whopping 4 ounces! I was suprised she weighted anything at all. They put her on a big scale large enough to weigh a pony!

My plan is to Get Angel's shots and move her inside first. Then get Winnie spayed and see how it goes from there. When Grandma was spayed, she was so mad at me she left for almost a year. I can't bring Winnie right in after her spaying because I imagine she will be super cranky then. She will have a nice warm bed on the porch and plenty of food in the meantime.
    MY BLESSINGS:

Frankie

I think Winnie may be trying to incourage Angel to start eating solid food. Yesterday morning there was a cricket in Angels box. It was dead and had one leg missing so I doubt it jumped in there by itself. This morning was a grasshopper in the same state.

Isn't it sort of early for the baby to start eating solid food? She will be 3 weeks old tomorrow. She still is wobbly when she walks.

I'll get some kitten wet food to have on hand tomorrow.

Oh, I found out last night that the owner of the house Winnie came from had been planning on "hauling her and Angel off". I'm so glad they are mine now and safe in my shed.
    MY BLESSINGS:

Frankie

Quote Originally Posted by momoffuzzyfaces View Post
    I'm so glad they are mine now and safe in my shed.

Angel Winnie Chester Grandma
    MoFF, you're the best!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

I just got caught up on this thread. I'm so glad that you took Angel to the vet and that now her tummy is looking much better. She sure is a cutie pie. Winnie seems to be gaining your trust so hopefully she'll continue to be sweet with you and you'll also be able to adopt her. I'm so glad that you put them in your shed when you did so they didn't end up being hauled away. I hope that they both continue to thrive and do well.