Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Baby products? Questions for PT skin kid moms.

Quote Originally Posted by finn's mom View Post
    Are swings for newborns or more for the older baby? I know I plan to have one, just not sure if I need to get one right away. And a bouncer will definitely be on our list. Just trying to find one that we like, and that's preferably Made in the USA.
    We used Nathan's swing the most during the first few months. I think he was no more than a week old the first time we put him in it. He loved it and it was a great place for him to hang out while I pumped.
    - Kari
    skin kids- Nathan, Topher, & Lilla

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    Quote Originally Posted by beeniesmom View Post
    Wow, was it a ferrari?
    I was thinking about getting Chicco brand products (#1 italian brand) but they are a bit pricey... but not 900 dollars!

Are their products all made in Italy? I would love to check them out. I just try to stay away from products made in China, simply because I've been told (correct me if I'm wrong) that they don't trade with us. Meaning, they don't take American made products in China.
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

This is the travel system my mother might get for us. She just sent me an email saying she found it for really cheap. It looks good to me. My mom is on fire with this stuff, it's cute.

http://www.albeebaby.com/grgltrsy7sin.html
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

This is the travel system my mother might get for us. She just sent me an email saying she found it for really cheap. It looks good to me. My mom is on fire with this stuff, it's cute.

http://www.albeebaby.com/grgltrsy7sin.html
    That looks like a really good one. I am a big fan of Graco

Are their products all made in Italy? I would love to check them out. I just try to stay away from products made in China, simply because I've been told (correct me if I'm wrong) that they don't trade with us. Meaning, they don't take American made products in China.
    I don't think that information about China is entirely accurate. When we were in China, we saw a good number of America products in stores. There are also a large number of American businesses with franchises in China--Wal-Mart, KFC, Pizza Hut, etc.

As far as I know Chicco brand stuff is made in Italy. They don't have material safety issues. The Italian child safety laws are very strict as the US ones are.

This is what we had:

http://www.fisher-price.com/fp.aspx?...duct&pid=32833

It is relatively inexpensive, IMO.

IMO- the pegperrago high chair was TOTALLY worth it. I bought two- off of Ebay. I cleaned them up, and one was in my mom's kitchen, and one was in mine. These chairs are so sturdy, very comfortable, easy to clean. They are not for a teeny-tiny kitchen.

IMO- the stroller/combo/carseat things are so big and bulky, do not stroll all that well unless you are in a mall (where you will get a lot of stares for taking up all the space), and are really only useful for the first 4-5 months, while your child can still sit in the pumpkin seat. I would opt, if I were doing it all over again, to buy cheap for the first stroller, and then invest my money in one of those compact- easily transportable- expensive strollers. I drive a Honda Civic, and I had to cram that big stroller in the trunk, and it stunk. AND, they are so heavy to lift in and out!!

I would buy as much of the hardware used as I could. I would also, once spring rolls around, shop garage sales for used clothes, toys, etc. To this day, J wears prolly 50% used clothes. I am blessed with a brother that has two boys, and the clothes just keep on rolling downhill.

There are some things you will insist on new for (and that is different for everyone), but, the more you buy used, to me, the better. Most of the stuff is used for such a short amount of time, anyhow.

I personally loved my Graco stroller/carseat combo. the carseat was quite heavy though so we never used it as a carrier but we did snap it onto the stroller all the time. now she has obviously outgrown the carrier but we still use the graco stroller all the time.

I think we had the same one posted above... just different color.

yeah it's big but our vehicle easily accomodated it. I love the stroller though... it's got lots of storage space on the bottom for her diaper bag and anything we buy if we go shopping, it's comfortable for her and has a little food tray in front and if she gets tired it fully reclines and has enough space that she can sleep comfortably, it folds up in about a half a second... just a simple pushbutton and twist and you're done and I think it steers nicely. I can steer it with one hand no problem.

So it worked for us.

My suggestion?

go to babies r us if you have one around you and play with all the strollers and carseats and test them out. That's how we decided on ours

R.I.P my dear Sweet Teddy. You will be missed forever. We love you.

http://www.hannahshands.etsy.com

Quote Originally Posted by sparks19 View Post
    My suggestion? Go to babies r us if you have one around you and play with all the strollers and carseats and test them out. That's how we decided on ours
    Yeah, that's a good idea. It's difficult to see stuff on-line and actually get a feel of how big it is or what the material is like. I'll do that in a month or so.

my two were so close together I had to get a double stroller, talk about big!
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

Ok, here is another question:
    I went to Babies R Us yesterday to look at HIGH CHAIRS.....
    They all looked the same to me. The prices varied from 65 to 200 dollars.
    What high chairs did you moms get and was it worth the money?
    I'd like to get something foldable.
    I saw a pretty orange one (99 dollars - chicco) and put it on my registry but have no idea if it's any good.

Honestly, I would not recommend our high chair. It is pretty and has held up well, but it isn't too practical. It is a wooden chair, made by a company called Rochelle. If I had to get another one now, I would probably go with either an Eddie Bauer wooden one or a Peg Perego. Our church has inherited one each of those two, and they are really good quality high chairs.

Peg Perego...hands down. I bought two off of ebay, well worth it, shipping and all.

Beenies, you won't need a high chair until the baby is about 5 months, maybe even longer, if you use a swing..so, no rush. Who knows, maybe someone will have one you can use at that time?

Anyone ever used the Bella Band? I plan to get at least one band and the everywear pant (part of the essentials collection). My girlfriend used the band and never bought maternity pants!

www.ingridandisabel.com

All I will say for a high chair is get one with wheels and a removable dishwasher safe tray! One that leans back is a nice feature too.