Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: I feel terrible! Hospital maybe??New UPDATE!

Lut - whether before or after your appointment, go back on the MS site and chat on the forum. I am sure you will feel TONS better talking with people who are dealing with MS. You won't feel so scared or alone, I bet.

My sister used to call MS a "wacky illness". It is the same illness - but affects each person so differently.

The MS site in Calgary(Canada) has a section about alternative treatments that people have tried. They don't endorse any of them - but the people's stories are there.

HUGS!

We are here for you, and I know you know that.

Catty1

I'm so very sorry for all this coming at you.I also have had major surgerys but what's going on with you seems far worse.I hope everything turns for the better and of course I'll be sending prayers your way.Thank god for our pets to help us deal with our sad chapters in our lives.Let's hope all the tests are negitive and you feel better real soon.

UPDATE Tuesday evening

Noticed that I wrote "evening"? This means I am back home!!
    So that is the good news I got
    BUT, never good news without bad news in my case

So, after a long examination, the neurologist decided she wanted me to pass several tests. First thing was taking blood (I HATE that, they never find a good spot ). With the results of this, I have to go and see a reumatologist (sp??) next Wednesday morning. That doc must try to find out why my body is having such big infections in almost all joints. I did have reuma-tests before, and they always turned out negative; but that might have changed of course... . Wednesday afternoon I must go for an MRI of my brains again. IF the infections are a result of MS, it SHOULD BE visible there.
    With the results of al these tests, I have another appointment with the neurologist on March 8; depending on what is found, it will be decided then if and when I will get a spinal tap. I just phoned my hubby, and he will be able to go together with me to that appointment on March 8. Wow, I am happy for that!
    In the meantime, I have to go on with my painkillers, and try not to worry to much. Easier said than done, when pain is killing you from morning till evening...

Thanks for caring, everybody!!
    I hope I will be able to be on my pc now and then, as I can NOT miss my friends (furry and non-furry )

He he, the first thing I did when I got home, is cuddle my cats, and telling them "mommy isn't going anywhere, she cannot live without you all"
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

I hope you are being well looked after xx
    Give £1 for a poundie www.songfordogs.co.uk

He he, the first thing I did when I got home, is cuddle my cats, and telling them "mommy isn't going anywhere, she cannot live without you all"
    Oh Lut, this gives me LES big time. What a worry this all must be, but I'm glad your doctor is being so thorough. Yes, tests are a pain in the butt (pardon the pun) but it's necessary in order to find out the cause. More and more prayers coming your way, sweetie, and I sure hope things go well on March 8th. I'm so glad that your husband can be with you. Nothing worse than going through these things alone.

{{{hugs}}}
    xoxoxo
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

I'm SO happy you're home! I knew you were really dreading being put in the hospital right away, so this is great news for now.

I sure hope they can get good results with the tests they're taking and that you won't need the spinal tap at all.

I'm so sorry you're still in so much pain, but hopefully they can come to some conclusions this time so you can start receiving the correct treatment.

{{{hugs}}}
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

I feel terrible! Hospital maybe??

I am glad that you have had good news so far & am praying that you have good news on the rest of the tests.. Me & the girls send lots of prayers, whisker kisses & (((( HUGS ))))

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

What a long weekend you had, Lut, waiting for the doctor visit. Myself and my girls are praying for you every night and we hope that the white coats find out what is causing so much pain for you. Please keep us posted about your tests and know that we are all huggung you via the web! You are a great person, and I am certain that your kitties are very glad that you brought yourself and that suitcase home today after the doctor visit!

I'm sorry to hear that you are not well.
    I'll be keeping you in my prayers . . .

{{hugs}}
    Van
    Tux and Pesca's meowmie

[

Thanks for caring, everybody!!
    I hope I will be able to be on my pc now and then, as I can NOT miss my friends (furry and non-furry )

He he, the first thing I did when I got home, is cuddle my cats, and telling them "mommy isn't going anywhere, she cannot live without you all" [/QUOTE]

Your still in my prayers, and I will keep praying for you..

Dear Lut, I am so happy that this visit didn't result in a hospital stay and that you are back home with the kitties.

My prayers for you will continue in hopes that the tests performed on March 8th will give the Dr.'s the answers to be able to treat you and relieve your pain.

You are so brave, and an inspiration to all of us.

Big hugs for you, Lut.

Lut, I'm glad to hear that you are home and didn't have to stay in the hospital like you thought. I do hope all these test can figure out what the problem is for you.
    Take care and try to take it easy.

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

I feel terrible

Hi Lut! That last sound you heard was a huge sigh of relief that you're now home under the expert care of your dedicated kitty nurses. Tests are something many of us need to do and with all that poking and prodding you feel like a lab rat. I know this is hard and my heart and prayers are with you all the way. Round 1 is over, now on to Round 2. Please let us know what's what as you are able to. Groucho sends you feel better snuggles, kitty hugs, and kitty kisses. My prayers for you continue.....
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

I'm so very glad that you are home, what a relief that must have been. There is nothing like surrounding yourself with cats at home, it's always such a comfort.

If it is some kind of rheumatic disorder, that is better news, right? Would there be more and better drugs to deal with the joint problems and reduce pain.

"There's no place like home" --
    at least you made a little progress in finding out what may be going on. Like you said, just knowing makes it easier to bare. Where we live now there seems to be a very high rate of MS, no one knows why. My one friend has it and said that it's very hard to diagnose because the symptoms can look like so many other things.
    Sending you hugs & prayers, and hope you can get some much-needed relief from the pain soon.