Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Baseball 2005!!

lololol,

I found my Sox hat, one day too late.

MLB is charging 7.95 to listen to the webcasts....I HATE THIS...

Last year I was able to listen to the games on the radio. In my new office
    I don't get any AM stations.

I cannot root for a team with a "rally monkey"...

I don't know what I want

Yeah, what IS that monkey "thing" Richard! lol SO L.A.!!!

$8.00 to watch a webcast? Bleh! Poor you; you really are lost in a baseball wasteland, Richard! YOU DIDN'T WEAR YOUR HAT??? Ok Boston fans, blame RICHARD!

Well, the Padres got the boot last night. No surprise there, so the Cards are in! Houston won last night too and could clinch this afternoon! And of course those Yankees can't finsih up without a little high drama...flooding rains and a terrorist threat in the Big Apple! What next, locust?

GO YANKEES!

I just saw this thread!

GO WHITE SOX!!!!!

Maggy even has her jersey on!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Ladies, we need to stop comparing men to dogs. Dogs are loyal!" Wanda Sykes

LOL! Tried and true White Sox fan you are, dear Maggy! Ok, I'm all for the White Sox too in the WS....should the Yankees lose that is The White Sox deserve to be in it!

What a game is on right now, between Houston and Atlanta! Houston was behind 6 to 1 in the 8th when Houston hit a grand slam homerun to make it 6 to 5, Atlanta! Then in the bottom of the ninth, 2 outs, Houston hits another home run for a tie! We're now in the 15th inning!!! Longest division playoff game ever! Torture! Atalnta had hit a grand slam earlier in the game; only time 2 grands slams have been hit in one division playoff game!

Ok, I know I'm talking to myself here but ROGER CLEMENS IS AWESOME! Jennifer, hope you're watching your Rocket Man! 17th inning and still tied! What a game!

Top of the 18th inning...I think that means we're about to finish up the bottom half of a double header! Think they're tired? Poor Roger...no one left in the bullpen

Houston Wins....Walk off homerun by the sweetest young kid...Burke! Roger Clemens, you Are the best! No Losers Here! Every Player On Both Teams Left Their Hearts On That Field! What A Game. This Is What Makes Basesball The Best Game On Earth!

Now, On To Houston Vs. Yankees In The Ws!!!

What's up with the caps???

OH BE STILL MY HEART!!! I AM SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW!!!!!!! :
    My Roger is the best thing EVER!! I love him so much...but of course I am preaching to the choir here...you all know how fabulous he is....I have been watching this game since it started at 1:09pm this afternoon...Collin is PO'ed at me because I was cheering too much while he was trying to sleep.... I only have you guys to celebrate with!!!
    I love the Astros! I have been following them ever since Roger went there, and perhaps that does make me a band wagon jumper...? But everyone needs a reason to love a team and Roger has introduced me to the fantastic Astro team... ssshhhh I think I love them more than the Yankees...dont' tell anyone....
    Listen to this though folks, my grandmother passed away a week ago Sunday (9/25/05). She and I were very close and it was devastating to me. She was a very elegant, proud, sophisticated woman (with an obsession for cleaning!!) Leaving her in the cemetary in the ground was the worst part for me and I lost it...I wanted to curl up there on the ground with her that day and stay forever... Anyway, (so NOT trying to bring this thread down but I have something to say!!)
    I hear people talk about "signs" from their deceased loved ones all the time. So I started looking for them from my Grandmother....well tonight, the kid that hit the home run to win it...his last name was Burke....

That was my mother's maiden name, my grandmother's married name....she was buried next to her first husband, Elmer Burke in the Glendale Cemetary on Burke Road....
    I think my grandmother is ok now....

Maybe I am just being sentimental and looking for these things but it's there....it's out there...and it consoles me...
    I am SO happy for my Astros...I want them to go all the way!!!
    OK, back to a happy thread!!! GO ASTROS!!!!!!!!!

Oh Jennifer....YOUR ASTROS WON!!! Your Rocket Man was THE BEST And that's the Yankee spirit...following your heart! You're not a jumper, you're a true blue baseball fan and you, Clemens and Andy brought that Yankee spirit to the Astros! I got goosebumps reading about all of the connections to your beloved Grandma, the "Burke connection!" You have your signs Jennifer and now, peace in your heart at last! God and our departed loved ones speak to us, send us signs in many ways and this was your night!!! I only wish my father and brother were here to watch the game...they would have loved it! You found your signs and I am SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!! God bless Grandma Burke! GO ASTROS, GO YANKEES! No losers there!

No Freckles...my post, all these abitrary caps??? We're haunted!

Now, on to the Yankees!

That's the best part, Freckles...Roger got the win! AWESOME!!!

Thanks for jinxing the game for posting the innings....

I wanted 24 innnings...

The game just started....good luck everyone....

Ta-ta.

Sorry Mario...

the Rally Monkey has to go!!!

Yes it's sooooooo L.A.
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

Oh well....

GO WHITE SOX!!! Anyone but the Angels!!

Angels just played better ball...case closed! Yanks did not deserve to win this year...Fail Rod...133 avg...NO RBIs... And Mussina...geeesh, things don't go his way and he looks like he's going to cry! Thought we were going to sail when Colon couldn't play. Then there was that "quesionable" call at first with Cano But still, we deserved to lose. Should have left Bernie in the outfield...he's not fast enough and that collision would never have happened! That cost us two runs! Just can't win a series when your top hitters don't produce. There goes A Rod's MVP...man, he's being slaughtered today! Go Houston and White Sox...!

Go Sox!!! I'm so excited, I can't stand it!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Ladies, we need to stop comparing men to dogs. Dogs are loyal!" Wanda Sykes

Baseball God.

JUST because they are named the "Angels" doesn't mean they get special treatment.

Poor Alex.

ESPN radio was wailing on him this morning.

Did anyone else hear about the guy in Houston that caught both homerun ball on sunday??....He is GIVING them to the HOF soon....

THAT'S a true fan!!!!