Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: PetTalk Meeting 2002?

Karen I think that's a very good idea most like the Texas area, maybe sometime we can have one either in Palm Springs or of course San Diego is nice, great weather year round, we have the "World Famous San Diego Zoo" and also as you mentioned the "Wild Animal Park"
    we have "Old Town" the beginning of California missions, we have "Horton Plaza" for those who love to shop or maybe we can get the West Coast People interested in one here.
    Jackie

As I thought twice about the TX meeting, I am not sure I could do it, regardless of how much I would like to do it. I just don't have the money. I will just have to wait and see what things look like when the time gets closer to the meeting. I am all for a MI meeting. MI has some great things to see and do. I also have to add that the Toledo zoo is really good, as Jessica suggested. It may be better then the Detroit zoo, but even the Detroit zoo is much better then it used to be. They just added on a bunch of cool new things.

I would really like to bring Graham and maybe Cassie (depending on the weather, she can't handle too much heat and humidity) if we do meet. I would love for you guys to meet them. Maybe the meeting could have a fun activity (a zoo or something) and also a fun pet friendly activity where those of us who wish to bring our pets can do so. Just a suggestion. If we decide to do a meeting in Michigan I will do my part and find fun meeting places.

if you build it.....they will come
    laurie
    ~ at least I'm not...

Summer in Michigan would be ok with me. I can't make it to Texas. Like I said before here in Fort Wayne, we have a great zoo and about 45 minutes north of here we have a wildlife rescue park. They have 2 shows a day, but the 4:00 show is when they feed the animals. Where would we be thinking about in Michigan?

Don't buy while shelter dogs die!!

Too bad. A few years ago, we owned a (summer)house in Michigan with lake access. We could have met there!

Michigan may be doable for me, but I don't drive on expressways....
    Save a life, ADOPT!!
    Sue

Rainbow Bridge Angels: Thor, Shiloh and Killian, Avalanche and Wolf
    (RB Gaylord and Bandit, fosters who have touched my heart)

Michigan may be do-able for me too. Would love to be able to go somewhere with the pups. Maybe we could search out some pet friendly motels like the kind Jackie was talking about in Palm Springs.

I think a Pet Talk Meeting is a Great idea.
    Just waiting till some kind of a plan was
    formed..Karen's idea is a good one. A meeting
    in the Spring (TX)and another in the midwest
    (MI) next summer. Can't make the Spring one
    because of cost involved, but the Summer one
    in the Mid-west would be do-able.
    Don't know about Buddy coming along.He rides well in the car,would be O.K. with
    the people, but does bark at dogs he doesn't know...Anyway I think it's a Great idea...
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Okay, Texas folks, when would be a good time for the Spring Pet Talk gathering? Ideas, Texas residents? A weekend would be best for us, but you could plan for a longer time if you wanted, and we'd see when folks could be there. Once we decide on a locale, then we can figure out pet-friendly accomodations, etc., right?

And when folks like KayAnn and Simba find out when they'll be in the Mid-West this summer, folks can start planning that one, too.
    I've Been Frosted

Well count me in for TX maybe BosMom and I can drive w/ someone that needs a ride but I just may fly away....I want to get away...I want to flyyyy awaaay sorry, Lenny Kravitz moment...No spring break college nonsense please but anyplace can be good with you guys. Can't bring my dogs..too many, so that limits the time I can be away. But a long weekend or something will have to spend a few days in North Dallas with my grandson but I can work that in somehow...let's rock and roll
    laurie
    ~ at least I'm not...

So Tx it is?

My spring break is the very last week of March--I'll bet that's earlier than most people?

I am game for anywhere in MI!
    Anytime!!!
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

hey jackie, I would love for it to be in San Diego. My big sis lives there so I def have a place to stay. hey, wouldn't Mission Beach be great for all of us to take our dogs to??
    San Diego and the Zoo has my vote
    Personalized Pet Mats by Carla

Carla's Web Page
    http://communities.msn.com/doyourselfafavor

the only way i could go is if somebody took me.(zippy) i'll do anything.

Carla, I think we are voted out by Texas this Spring, maybe we could get a west coast meeting together in the fall, that is the best time of year here, beautiful, warm and not many tourists here then.
    Jackie

Here's a Trip Planning Aid I found:

http://www.indo.com/distance/.

Enter two cities in the format of "City, ST" and it calculates the straight line distance; or 'as the crow flies', between the locations you entered. Probably need to add 10% to 20% to account for "driving" distance. On the results page you can ask for "See these places on the map" and it draws a basic map showing both locations. Purdy neat; and rather fast in its operation, too. Even finds the lil rinky-dink towns 'some' of us live in :d.

Cinder, Smokey, and I just might be game for trying to make a Mid-West Pet Talkers Party - if the fambly Trakter Kar can make it that far . Where's Mishy-gan?
    /s/ Phred, the "Dad" to Cinder & Smokey

the Rescued & Adopted FurKids of *Phred*