Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: PLEASE PRAY FOR ME: Cat Bite & Rabies Shots!

OUCH!!! It looks so painful!!

I'm sure your butt's gonna be sore after the shots, or do they do them in the shoulder. I thought it was intramuscular.

In any case, love and HUGS from me and the crew.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Hope today's shot went as well or better than the previous time!

Ouch Kim i feel your pain , having been on the receiving end of my dear cat Ash once, while try to stop him in a cat fight,i had a shot in my butt too, but i did not need the rabies as we don't have them down under, so i really feel for you having to keep going and getting them, it looks very painful and i know that it is, i hope you heal well and soon are pain free, take much care, love and hugs.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

That was a bad bite you got!!! so sorry your going through this.
    I feel so bad your having to go through not only the shots but the 2 antibiotics to cause the uncomfort.
    Kim,you've been through so much,i just don't know what to say anymore so I'll just pray for you.
    This has been a terrible year so far for you.
    That can only mean it gets better from here on in.Things will get better.
    I can feel it in my heart.

Thank You Kim for this wonderful siggy

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power ,the world will know peace" jimi hendrix

Kim I saw this thread on Wednesday but didn't have time to read it through. I am glad you aren't having too much trouble with the shots. That was a nasty bite!!!! All I could think as I read through your posts is why does so much awful stuff happen to such a sweet girl? In this case it was because you were being your sweet self and trying to help this kitty. Keep us updated and we'd love to see some pictures of your fur family when you get a chance. It's been a while.

Thank you for the sweet comments! The shot was fine yesterday, just a bit sore today but nothing terrible.

The shots are intramuscular and I guess since they had to give me 4 the first round they just did one in the arm and 3 in my very "muscular" behind! In fact, I think that's why they didn't hurt ... never hit any "muscle"! Now I am finally thankful for my flabby behind! Yesterday's was in the arm and they will alternate arms from here on out.

Don't feel bad for me, I think I've discovered that if I just go out my BACK door when I leave home I will be just fine! Both my fall and my cat bite occurred on my front sidewalk!
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

Kim, You are still in my thoughts and prayers. So after all your shots will you have immunity to rabies?
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

Kim, I'm glad to hear that you're recovering well and that the shots aren't too painful. Now please take care of yourself.

Yesterday from lunch time to bedtime was a bad day for me. My tummy was not happy at all! It wasn't the shot but the two powerful antibiotics finally catching up to me. I can't take it so I've stopped them both! I know that's a "no no" but my hand has been infection-free for several days now and I'll take my chances! I am allergic to all of the best antibiotics for most things, so that's why they had to give me two different ones. The Clindamycin is pretty nasty stuff.

Finally just before bedtime, thank GOD, I began to feel better and with a sleep-aid was able to get a good night's sleep.

The rabies shot will build an immunity to rabies but I think that like everything else you really should get boosters each year or so.
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

Did you tell your MD about stopping the antibiotics?

How long were you supposed to take them? It's only been 5 days now - correct?

I would hate to see the infection come back. Could you alternate days with them?

I sorry to be a pest about this, but as a nurse I have seen so many cases where folks stopped the meds too soon. And this is also how those nasty antibiotic-resistant bugs become so bothersome.

She's right, Kim........I know antibiotics are a nuisance; I was sick for days taking mine a couple of months ago, but please check with your doctor. Please?
    Loving meowmie to Archy & Binky (RIP my sweet boy 10/13/10)

=^..^=

I

Kim - several years ago I got bit by one of my own cats. I was stupid and waited 36 hours before getting treatment. I ended up on 2 antibiotics, each to be taken for 10 days.

Along about the end of a week I got Thrush and GI problems. Try eating yogurt, and go to a health food store and get some Lactobacillus acidophilus capsules. Those should help with both problems.

Kim!!!! Please go back on the antibiotics!!! You must take them for the number of days that they are prescribed!!! OR there is a chance that the infection could get worse!!! Cat bites are just awful because, like us, the cat's mouth is very dirty(that is loaded with bacteria). And the bite is a puncture wound!!! The bacteria can get trapped inside if the wound did not bleed enough. PLEASE take the meds!! As Grace suggested, eat yogurt, or if you do not like yogurt, you can take acidophilus caps OR there is for humans, I think it is called Lactinex(sp???), which will soothe your GI tract!!! The Clan wants their Auntie Kim to get all better soon!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS: Tina Peepers has great empathy with you!! She is taking Clindamycin 1 ml. bid x 14(!!) days for her pulled tooth!!!
    Nine is Fine!!

Just a thought: perhaps you can ask your dr. if you could try erythromycin instead of clindamycin. I did two rounds of clindymycin recently w/no side effects but no success either. Erythromycin has always worked for me. I know that each is prescribed for different reasons but it couldn't hurt to ask.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Oh Kim, Please don't go off your meds!!! Listen to Grace and Sandra, they're trained, experienced medical professionals and believe it - THEY KNOW WHAT THEY'RE TALKING ABOUT!!!!!!! If your meds are causing side effects, you need to tell your doctor immediately if not sooner. Just maybe there's something else that can be done for you.
    I have to see an endocrinologist on a regular basis for diabetes. There are times that I don't want to bother with insulin shots or any of the other things I need to do anymore because no matter what I do the diabetes isn't going to go away so why bother. My endocrinologist is very supportive, we talk about it and she very often makes changes that makes all this easier while still maintaining effective treatment. Your doctor wants to help you but needs to know what's going on.
    As always, you remain very much in my prayers!
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE