Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Look what I found on my back porch today!

Quote Originally Posted by Anikaca77 View Post
    I have a question.

What if we got all the babies to go to Texas and we all chipped in so they could stay with lvpets2002 until they found a wonderful home??

I would be willing to chip in once my ebay stuff sells.

What does everyone think???

Melissa
    This sounds like an excellent plan. Hopefully MOFF will be able to keep a couple of the kittens too.

Getting the babies to Texas is a major problem even if lvpets2002 is willing.
    Plus they have had no shots or any health care at all. I hate to saddle anyone with that. That is one of the reasons I'm hesitant to take any. It's a big responsibility. Still, the alternative is unthinkable.

I just came if from taking them some milk. A couple of them ran out and took a few laps then ran back in their hole. They were nice and dry when they came out anyway, even though it has been pouring all morning. That's a good thing. I'm wetter than they are.
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!

Oh, I wish I lived closer to you. I would love to take one of the orangies! I hope they all get good homes, they are so precious!!
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

I will gladly help with the $$$ part.

If that mean Dog comes back I would call your Animal Control as he could just as easily bite a child as kill poor Lilac,
    Thats just plain irresponsible to let a dangerous Dog like that loose, and I know that Dog is only following his nature but he shoulnt be loose like that.
    Is there a way you can round these poor Kittens in so they are out of danger and out of the elements or put up a dog proof barricade?
    I would worry about that Dog coming back all the time.
    Its a long shot but if you call Iams , or Science Diet and ask for Kitten Food Coupons they might help.
    I bet if you sent this thread to them, they would contribute something.
    The Awesome Momma Angels Army is there , and are trying to teach those Little Cats of the Future to be careful and to listen to you carefully as you have their best interests at heart.
    God Bless You for caring.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Believe me, Gary, I am having nightmares about that dog too. or any dog or other animal hurting the babies for that matter.

I am just at a loss. The only place inside they could possible be is in the bathroom which is really dinky. No place for growing kitties. If they came inside, I wouldn't have the heart to put them back outside EVER. I would risk exposing my cats to anything the babies may have since they have not been checked out by a vet. Even just playing with each other under the bathroom door would expose them.

If I leave them outside, I will worry my self sick over them. I hate to leave them even for a second for fear something will happen to them. I need to go get them some more food sometime this week. I'm dreading leaving even for that long.

I just can't afford to keep them all or physically care for them all plus my 4.
    WHAAAAA!!! What do I do?
    MY BLESSINGS:

Frankie

MOFF, please call your vet's office and ask them what to do. They sounded like really good people! Just ask their advice!

HUGS!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Quote Originally Posted by Catty1 View Post
    MOFF, please call your vet's office and ask them what to do. They sounded like really good people! Just ask their advice!

HUGS!
    I did call them. They have no answer. They don't know of any foster people or anyone who would want them.

On a happier note, I just got to hold the shy black kit for the first time. He hissed a tiny bit at first then laid in my hand and looked at me with his big blue eyes taking it all in. He let me rub his tiny (full) tummy gently. Hopefully now he won't be so frightened of me.

They were all nice and dry when they came out so at least I know they are not getting rained on and they should be protected from the wind. They are in bed for the night now. It's almost dark already because of the rains.

The tortie even crawled on my lap. I had a fun cuddle session. I guess what I want for them is to be loved and adored and spoiled like the cats on this site.
    MY BLESSINGS:

Frankie

MOFF, I don't know exactly where in Kansas you are - but maybe a no-kill shelter on these lists will help you and the babies out.

http://www.nokillnetwork.org/d/Kansas

Details of Animal Haven, which is in the above link: http://www.animalhavenkc.org/

http://www.thepetconnection.net/

Even if they aren't close to you, someone there may 'know' someone close to you.

HUGS! Glad the little ones are safe so far. I am sure they love being held, and even the shy ones will warm up, as they've missed a good cuddle!

And hey, if Helene can take one or five or however many, I can definitely chip in a few $.

Quote Originally Posted by momoffuzzyfaces View Post
    The tortie even crawled on my lap. I had a fun cuddle session. I guess what I want for them is to be loved and adored and spoiled like the cats on this site.
    This is progress, MoFF. The tortie baby crawling up on your lap for lovies must have been a very special joy for you, what a treat! I feel very confident in saying all of our PT friends, like you, want these precious little ones to be loved, adored, and enjoy the pampered life of our "spoiled" PT kitties. These babies deserve nothing less!
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

Ok...well if getting them to Texas is a problem...is there anyone closer or someone from Illinos that could meet you and then we could have another person in Indiana meet the person in Illinos and then the person from Indiana could meet someone in Ohio and then I could drive to Ohio to meet the person from Ohio and then John....would you like some kittens??

I wish we could just put them on a plane and send them to Texas.
    Melissa

I am here now.. I have been busy at work.. Well now that you mention it I am getting in contact with Pilots-n-Paws to possible Fly-In.. I can drive in; but the drive is atleast 8 hrs in one way.. I am looking into a second legg for the transport.. Gosh I wish John was closer to me & I know he would help me with the second legg in.. Eight Hours one way is a long way & then would have to spend the night & head back the next day.. Lets me do some more thinking & contacts of this.. Come on MOFF you know you want all of them babies.. Hey the door is not closed yet.. Yes I do Appreciate all of your offers to pitch money wishss.. I am ok in that range.. Again Many Thanks for the Offers..
    Quote Originally Posted by Anikaca77 View Post
    Ok...well if getting them to Texas is a problem...is there anyone closer or someone from Illinos that could meet you and then we could have another person in Indiana meet the person in Illinos and then the person from Indiana could meet someone in Ohio and then I could drive to Ohio to meet the person from Ohio and then John....would you like some kittens??

I wish we could just put them on a plane and send them to Texas.
    Melissa
    Last edited by lvpets2002; 05-20-2010 at 11:50 AM.

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

I wish I wasn't so far away or I'd be glad to help with transport. I hope that a wonderful plan will come together so all of these precious babies will be safe and they'll all eventually be in the loving caring forever homes that they deserve.

We do have a small airport here but the bus doesn't go out there, usually. I could try begging!!! Maybe our animal control officer could be bribed to getting them that far. I wouldn't count on him though.

One of our drivers has family in texas. They are going there the 5th of June. I asked if they would take the kits with them. They said NO NO WAY. sigh
    So much for people who once told me they would do anything for me.

When I went out to feed the kits this morning, the tortie came running around the corner of the porch to meet me followed by one of the orangies. They wanted breakie NOW!!! The little white toed black one was right behind them. I was surprised because he is usually the ring leader. The other two popped out of their hidey hole when I put their food down.

I snuck out to walmart while they were sleeping off their breakie. When I got home, they wanted to play!!! So, I sat outside with them for quite a while. More rain this afternoon then sunshine for several days. They will be hard to keep an eye on. They will want to play play play.
    MY BLESSINGS:

Frankie