Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Please keep Reece in your thoughts :(

Aly, I'm so sorry I only saw this thread now. Haven't been around much lately.
    Poor little Reece, but at least is good to know he's not in pain.
    Many good thoughts and prayers going his way with best wishes for a successful surgery.

"All men are created equal but none of them is equal to a dog." From the "Howard Huge" cartoon..

We won't be getting his blood results until tomorrow, but I did talk to the doctor last night about his ears. He strongly recommended one of 2 ear operations (umm a resection? and something else). He said if it were his dog, he'd do it right away. One of the surgeries would leave him deaf The resection (?) would still allow him to hear though. Ugh, ugh ugh. My poor baby The doctor said to go ahead and clear up the eyes and do cataract surgery first. I wish they could do it all at once so he doesn't have to be sedated multiple times. Geez, I feel so awful about this.

I was a bit overwhelmed so I didn't get all the information possible. I'm on my way to work now though and will talk to the doctor about the surgeries further.
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    That's so much for you two to go through. I hope everything works out for you.
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

Aly, Reece has spirit and Reece has heart - no operation or "procedure" will take that away from one of my favorite pups in the world I wish I could hold you both. Actually in this weird cyber space we sometimes live in I AM holding you both. And Lolly[pop] too.

That was very well said lbaker, and I want to second all of it. It is an awful lot to go through at one time. It will all work out alright, wait until you see what a tough little guy Reece is. Just try to keep your own spirits up while all of the plans and such are being made for Reece's operations. I will keep you and Reece in my thoughts and prayers.

I will keep you and Reece in my thoughts. I'm sure everything will be just fine!
    I've been BOO'd!

Sorry I'm so late seeing this, Aly. {Hugs} to you and our beloved Reece. Tsk, tsk, so sad, so much going on at one time. Praying, praying, praying that the meds will help Reecie feel better. Relieved he's not in any pain. What a little trooper. Klo and I are sending healing vibes too.

I've been Boooo'd!

Keeping the prayers going for Reecie, and you. {{hugs}}

Chris

Sorry I am late seeing the update It's good that he isn't in any pain. ((((((hugs to you and him)))))))))
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

I will keep Reece in my thoughts!! ((((((HUGS))))))

I stopped by work to look at Reece's blood results today. The vet working at the time was very busy, so I didn't get to talk to him. Everything was in normal range though except one thing. I'm not quite sure what that was, but it was just slightly elevated so I'm not panicking just yet. I'll know for sure on Monday.
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya