Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: cats eat the dangdest things!

You don't wanna know!
    /s/ Cinder, Smokey & Heidi

R.I.P. ~ Boots, Bowser, Sherman, & Snoopy

Cinder & Smoke is right! My husband is part Scottish and I am familiar with Haggis although have NEVER eaten it (and never will)!!

[ July 05, 2001: Message edited by: Pam ]

Sheep's stomach and oatmeal.

Here's the whole deal on Haggis...
    http://www.freep.com/fun/food/qhaggis21.htm

...and here's a recipe, in case anyone's interested...
    http://www.smart.net/~tak/haggis.html#ten
    [ July 05, 2001: Message edited by: thelmalu99 ]

[ July 05, 2001: Message edited by: thelmalu99 ]

Many thanks to Kay for the fabulous sig!

Yeah, Haggis is just going to far apparerently. They have since forgiven me. Haggis is the scottish version of chitlins
    -Our Lady of Housecats

More like "gag"is
    -Our Lady of Housecats

Haggis!?!? Vegemite just fell to number 2.

My sister once spilled a packet of chocolate raisins on the floor. We only got half of them back, Sam turned into a small vacuum cleaner and polished off the rest! I know it's not good for them, but fortunately there were no ill effects.

We also have to be careful with silver paper, like chewing gum wrappers, kitchen foil etc. Silver paper balls are about the only toy he's not scared of, but he has to be supervised, otherwise he runs off to his food-dish, has his dinner and eats the silver ball for dessert.

Jake LOVES Doritos and any type of cheese. He also likes to eat bean sprouts but only with terryaki sauce! And of course likes to eat anything furry - I made the mistake of buying him one of those little balls of real fur on the end of a string. When I tried to get him to play with it he wasn't interested in the least, but when I put it down, he snuck over the minute I wasn't looking and stole it. As I watched him I realized that really he was just trying to cram it in his mouth (he was pushing it in with his paw) I had to actually pull the string to get it back out!
    Now I keep it in my coffee table drawer but I realized that he figured how to open it from the bottom and he keeps tring to steal it and eat it!

my little "Charlie" loves to eat Mac & Cheese with me, (Maybe it's the milk!)
    ~JH~

Our "middle child", Abby, absolutely LOVES Spaghettios with meatballs. At first I thought she wanted just the meatballs, but she eats the pasta and the sauce, too. Trouble is, she can't keep the sauce down. So, when I make them for myself, I take a little out and rinse the pasta off so she can enjoy. (She likes it this way, too!) She also enjoys licking the edges of beer bottles. Weird cat! (So thing she's so cute!)

Okay, I'm a baaaaad cat mommy. Both kids enjoy chicken buritos, so there are times when the three of us are in my chair chomping on buritos. (Fortunately I'm the only one in the house that likes shrimp buritos, however odd this sounds to others! Go figure.)
    I'm sometimes asked "Why do you spend so much of your time and money talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?" I answer: "I am working at the roots." -George T. Angell, reformer (1823-1909)

Thank you, Popcornbird for creating this tribute to Summer starring Livvy and Cassy

Livvy: 11 April 99 - 5 July 09
    Cassy: 11 July 99 - 8 April 11

If you would like to visit my BeautiConsultant page --
    http://www.beautipage.com/serene_angel_hm_spa/

BeeBee (Rainbow Bridge) had her favorite foods - anything with a tomato base like pizza sauce or spaghetti sauce, green beans, and ranch dressing. Trixie likes to lick the plate if there is a tomato sauce, too, but then she tries to "cover" it like it's a litter box!

Misty goes crazy over turkey. When I made a turkey the first thanksgiving we had with her I had a good laugh. She just kept meowing and caring on so I put a piece of turkey on her plate thinking well she must be hungry. Well she woofed that down and begged for more. I think she ate more than I did. Now it is funny if she smells turkey she is a beggar. She likes turkey.

My cat Tigris drinks Budweiser! Its not like we let her or anything, but if someone spills beer on the floor, she'll come and lick it up. Now tell me that's not strange!