Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: In the wrong place at the wrong time

Leslie, You have certainly had some stresses to deal with. My heart goes out to you and your husband in your loss.

Leslie, I too am very sorry to hear of the loss of your mother-in-law. You have had some very rough going lately. Please know that we are all thinking of you at this very difficult time.

Hi Leslie. I am so sorry to hear about your mother-in-law. Our hearts go out to you. Go get some kisses from the doggies. They'll make you feel a little better. Hope Cassie is all better.

All our sympathies go out to you about your mother-in-law. I agree that some doggie cuddles can give the spirit strength in stressful times.

I am so sorry about your loss.

Oh Leslie. You have had so much to deal with these many several days. I am so, so sorry to hear of the loss of your mother-in-law. I know that now, more than ever, you will need the love of your family and the doggies. My most sincere and deepest sympathys. Love, Sandra

Sorry to hear about the passing of your mother-Inlaw. Hope things are going okay for you & your doggy is much better.

So sorry for your loss.

A brief update for the day...hubby and I are feeling better over the loss of his mother. Time heals all wounds. As for Cassie, I was brushing her teeth last night after work and one of her back molars wiggled when I dragged the toothbrush over it. It appears that because of the accident she did indeed crack a tooth and she has to get it taken out next week. I noticed that she still seemed to have pain in her mouth when she ate but because the vet told me she did not have any cracked teeth I trusted him....I will not take her or any of my pets to that emergency place again ! They should have looked more throughlly. Poor little girl has had a cracked tooth rotting in her mouth all these weeks. She should be feeling so much better when she gets that tooth removed...hopefully

Adore, so sorry for your family's loss and poor little Cassie with the cracked tooth! Ouch!! Be sure to give her some soft morsals for me:-) I'm sure she'll feel better when that's not bothering her anymore.
    Thoughts to your family during this time of loss. I know it can be hard, so hang in there! Give Cassie and hug and kiss, and that little puglet face should help make you feel better.

Poor Leslie! Just as you are trying to heal all the wounds, sweet lil pugster needs to have a tooth removed! How lucky that you noticed it, even so much later. I know what you mean about vets. I love my animal hospital but only like to see 2 specific vets. When Cody had ACL, the vet I accepted in the emergency, diagnosed his hips, which are bad, but that wasn't it and I kept telling him that. So poor pup suffered needlessly in pain for another week before properly diagnosed. I needed a vet in an emergency last month and the nasty man was available right away (yeah, I guess so)but opted to wait 30 min for the one I like. I stopped beating myself up since I had to do something in an emergency, and I didn't know, so now you have to handle dear Cassie's tooth with the vet you like. I love the way we "know" our pets, every move, every hair folicle, every reaction to something. Glad you noticed the tooth before it got worse. Poor lil thing has been thru so much these last few weeks. I think of you constantly since my neighbor as a pug-boy!

My poor little pugglet had her surgery yesterday to remove the tooth that was cracked from the accident and, because the vet I am taking her to now is so wonderful and thorough, I learned that she has a degenerative eye problem, a severe ear infection, and she had a whopping 8 teeth removed because they were rotting out of her mouth! No wonder she had such dragon breath! She's doing great now, she's on all kinds of pain killers because of so many extractions, but other then that she's great I love the vet that I am taking her to now. They saw the eye problem in an instant, and although there is no cure, they gave us ointment to put in her eyes twice a day for the rest of her life to slow her eyes down from going completely blind. No other vet she was going to before even thought to look in her eyes!

That little dog has quite the stack of meds now I should get a new medicine cabinet installed just for her meds

Poor little Cassie! It seems that things just go from bad to worse for her. What a sweetie to be such a cheerful little girl with all of that trouble brewing in her mouth. And her poor little eyes! You would certainly have thought that would have been picked up before. I am so glad you have finally found a vet that seems to be on his toes. I guess it's soft food now for Cassie at least for a little while. Did she lose some of her back molars?

When my dog, Ashley, was spayed (at 6 months of age) as she was coming out of the anesthesia she bit the wire in the cage at the vets and broke off two of her front teeth. They didn't break at the gumline, but halfway up the tooth. The vet did a "wait and see" approach. He said if this happened to a human we would have needed to have them extracted immediately or preferably root canals done. He said dogs handle pain much better than we do and she may be fine. He told me to look for lack of appetite or drooling. Neither happened so we just let the teeth be. She lived 14 years and was actually a tad overweight when she died so I guess he was right. Here's hoping Cassie wasn't having too much pain.

[This message has been edited by Pam (edited April 13, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by Pam (edited April 13, 2001).]

Wow!! Poor little baby should get a medal for being the BRAVEST of pug patients! What a difference it can make in going to the right vet. One with the time, caring, concern, desire to look and listen and the KNOWLEDGE to care for our kids the way they should be cared for. I know I'm a big mouth pain at the vet, but tough!! Our kids can't speak for themselves; we are their voices. And maybe, as they say, there is a reason for everything. Oh gosh, I hope I say this correctly. You know I would NEVER wish that anything so traumatic would EVER happen to ANY of our pups, but...Perhpas if little Cassie had not gotten her head slamMED, these other issues would never have been addressed! You are such a good mama. My best wishes and big hugs and kisses to the sweetest, bestest, dearest little Cassie girl. I don't know if I would have been as brave as she! 8 extractions....OUCH!! Thinking of you both, and keep us up to date! Love, Sandra, Cody and Star

How is Cassie doing? Is she eating yet and off the pain killers? Just wanted you to know I was thinking of you both. Hugs to the puglet.
    Sandra