Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: NM Pet Talk Meeting

I'll be renting a car - I'm a total control freak and must be in charge of my own driving destiny. Hertz reimburses for taxi fare from the train station to the rental car place.
    The legend says that Mohammed adored cats. When one of them was sleeping on his sleeve and he had to go out, Mohammed supposedly cut off the sleeve so as not to disturb his pet.

A righteous man regardeth the life of his beast - Proverbs 12:10

How we behave toward cats here below determines our status in heaven. - Robert A. Heinlein

What greater gift than the love of a cat? ~ Charles Dickens

There is, incidently, no way of talking about cats that enables one to come off as a sane person. - Dan Greenberg

If purring could be encapsulated, it'd be the most powerful anti-depressant on the market. ~Alexis F. Hope

Hey, Laurie, Aly, (and Reese and Lolly) maybe we'll be able to come - another Pet Talk gathering in the works ...

That'd be GREAT to see you and Paul again!!!

Unfortunately, I don't think Lolly will be coming. I'm afaind she'd pee her pants if she saw a horse She'll probably stay and get spoiled at grandma's house
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

A few years ago I flew to Albuquerque then took the train to Gallup NM to meet my husband touring the SW (one of our favorite places). I love trains and it was a wonderful ride until just before we pulled up to the Gallup Station we ran over an Indian and had to wait almost an hour while they "looked for parts" The rest of my vacation went much better. I stayed at a La Quinta hotel very close to the Albuquerque airport the evening before I flew home. Very reasonable cost, clean and friendly and a free shuttle to the airport. Haven't really looked on the WEB but if they have an AmeriSuites hotel nearby it's worth looking into. We all stayed there at our first meet in TX and it was great. Dogs allowed, micro & fridge in each room, and quite reasonable. Could get our PetTalk fix in too with the computer access room they had in the lobby I'm really going to try. But Aly, won't little LollyPup get upset that ReeceMan will be getting all the attention
    Laurie

There's an Amerisuites in a GREAT area (zip its between Coronado and Winrock Mall, Off Lousiana about a mile from the fair grounds in a safe area, next to a retirement community LOL). About a block from Zippykats fav restaurant and proposed meeting spot (Macaroni Grill)
    If you go to their wesite its the one that says "uptown"

There's also an Amerisuites near the airport. (about 4 miles from the fair grounds).

http://www.amerisuites.com/hotels/ajaq.shtml
    -babolaypo

Only that which is the other gives us fully unto ourselves.
    -Sri Yogananda

It's important to have an end to journey toward but it's the journey that matters in the end.
    -Ursula Leguin

What is the closest Choice Hotel to where this meeting will be taking place? (Choice Hotels are Clarion, Quality, Comfort, Sleep, Mainstay, Econolodge, Rodeway). My parents manage a Comfort Inn, so if we were to come, we would stay in a choice hotel because we can get an employee rate.

Choice hotels
    http://www4.choicehotels.com/ires/en-US/html/Search

this one: Comfort Suites
    900 Louisiana Blvd., N.E.

is very close to the fair grounds, and about 1/2 mile from the restaurant. Safe area. (between the fair and where the amerisuites and the restaurant are. all on Lousiana blvd.

these three are right near the airport, safe area:

Quality Suites
    1501 Gibson Blvd

(NM424)
    Sleep Inn Airport
    2300 International Ave SE

(NM030)
    Comfort Inn Airport
    2300 Yale Blvd., S.E.
    -babolaypo

-Sri Yogananda

It's important to have an end to journey toward but it's the journey that matters in the end.
    -Ursula Leguin

I think there's one of those actually *IN* the mall parking lot... but I can't remember if it's the Winrock or Coronado. I'm thinkin' Winrock...

I'll dig up my map and look.

ALSO:
    The show itinerary has not been posted yet. I guess they'll post it sometime closer to Oct.

Winrock inn. Its being remodled right now.....(its a best western)

http://www.winrockinn.com/
    -babolaypo

-Sri Yogananda

-Ursula Leguin

You guys know what I just thought of? That same week will mark the one year anniversary of Sophie's passing.

How honored I will be to spend that weekend surrounded by the friends --no you guys are more like family-- that comforted me.
    Last edited by zippy-kat; 07-11-2003 at 11:51 PM.

Originally posted by lbaker
    But Aly, won't little LollyPup get upset that ReeceMan will be getting all the attention
    Laurie
    Its also easier to take Reece because I can always scoop him up and carry him around if need be. Lolly will be harder to manuever. But if others are bringing pets, then I'll see about bringing Lolly pops too. I just don't want to become a burden or slow anyone down
    Alyson

Originally posted by zippy-kat
    You guys know what I just thought of? That same week will mark the one year anniversary of Sophie's passing.

How honored I will be to spend that weekend surrounded by the friends --no you guys are more like family-- that comforted me.
    Awww Tonay, I'm sorry. I'll bring Reecie to help lick your tears away. I'm glad we'll be able to be there for you. I know at that time last year, I felt pretty helpless and really wished I could be there to help you.
    Alyson

Originally posted by aly
    Its also easier to take Reece because I can always scoop him up and carry him around if need be. Lolly will be harder to manuever. But if others are bringing pets, then I'll see about bringing Lolly pops too. I just don't want to become a burden or slow anyone down
    As of right now, I am for sure bringing K'Cee. I think she will be the easiest to transport -- how the heck would I explain why I'm carting in a 2 story cage, a box of hay, a bag of cilantro, and a thesarus? lol (For those that don't know, Piper has a fling with my thesarus!)

I am worried about house-keeping coming in even if I tell them not too and thus, K'Cee dashing out the door and down the hall. I might bring Sophie's old cage (the big dog crate) and a few blankets; I could "lock her up" while we're away from the hotel. But that seems mean, doesn't it? On second thought, maybe I won't bring either of them. I so wanted you guys to meet her!!

Uh-oh, I just remembered... Karen, you're allergic to kitties aren't you?

Hmmmm, Tonya. Good points. I would LOOOOOOOOVE to bring Skylar actually. But I'm worried to for the same reasons you're worried about K'Cee.

I'll put my thinking cap on!
    Alyson

You could always keep the kitties in the hotel bathroom That way, even if the housekeeper came in, there would still be one more door.

Although, if you leave the "DO NOT DISTURB" sign out, they are usually really good about not coming it.. it DOES mean one less room to clean, after all