Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: So You Think ... SYTYCD 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Taz_Zoee View Post
    Like my mom said, this year the choreographers are not that good. So the dances have not been that great.

I thought Ricky's solo was AMAZING!!! Mitchell should have gone home, IMO, based on their solo's.

I hope the routines get better with the all-stars in them. But I'm not overly excited about any of them either. I do like Robert a lot. And I was so sad and shocked to hear about Alex.........again! One of the dances nominated for an Emmy (the Twitch and Alex hip-hop that Ellen stood in for Alex on) is one of my all-time favorite dances.

While Cat does annoy me sometimes, she is very comfortable on stage and that makes for a great host.
    That is also one of my all time favorite dances. I still bring it up on Youtube every once in a while lol. it was just incredible. Yeah I thought maybe I was just starting to tire of the show because it seemed like there wasn't much to get excited about. I'm hoping once they pair up with the all stars it will turn around. I LOVED that format last year so I'm excited to see it again this season.

I think I heard them say Twitch is back this season right? I hope so. I adore him.

R.I.P my dear Sweet Teddy. You will be missed forever. We love you.

http://www.hannahshands.etsy.com

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    Quote Originally Posted by sparks19 View Post

I think I heard them say Twitch is back this season right? I hope so. I adore him.

Yeah, he's back, and so is Kathryn, Comfort, Pasha and Allison, to name the ones I could think of right away. Love them, except for Comfort, although she does well in her style, but was really hoping for Lauren Froderman, Joshua (of Joshua and Katee fame), or Jeanine Mason. They're some of my favorites.
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

Yes I love Joshua too. The bollywood he did with Katee was epic and no bollywood routine since then has even come close.

Did you know....

A lot of former SYTYCD dancers are background dancers on The Fresh Beat Band? Oh yes... Hannah loves this show and the first episode I watched was the hawaiian one and Mark was one of the dancers. In the tap dancing episode Joshua and Comfort are both in that one and then Legacy is a permanent background during the first and last song that they do in every show.

R.I.P my dear Sweet Teddy. You will be missed forever. We love you.

http://www.hannahshands.etsy.com

Did they have any winners as all stars last season? I can't remember.
    Because all the people finn's mom named were winners. Lauren, Joshua and Jeanine.
    I would have loved to see all three of them as well.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Quote Originally Posted by sparks19 View Post
    Yes I love Joshua too. The bollywood he did with Katee was epic and no bollywood routine since then has even come close.

Did you know....

A lot of former SYTYCD dancers are background dancers on The Fresh Beat Band? Oh yes... Hannah loves this show and the first episode I watched was the hawaiian one and Mark was one of the dancers. In the tap dancing episode Joshua and Comfort are both in that one and then Legacy is a permanent background during the first and last song that they do in every show.
    I didn't know that! I'll have to pay attention. We don't go out of our way to watch, but sometimes it comes on. I saw Mark on a live concert of Lady Gaga's. It was on the channel Paladia (Paladium?). I love Legacy! I'll definitely keep an eye out for him!
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

I think Sasha should have been voted off to be honest.. she seems so immature to me. They were really mean to Ryan last night, I felt bad for her.

I like all of them except Sasha that made it into the top 10. I am sad Melanie and Marko will be broke up they are like the power couple of the season! Can't wait to see the all-stars though! I was hoping Dominic would be an all-star too.. but he is busy with all the stuff he is doing and we barely saw him last year. He is HOT. I can't wait to see Twitch and Pasha and all the others of course..

I wish Courtney and Lauren were back on this year! It's awesome Kathryn has the lead role in Step Up 4ever that is coming out next year, she is so awesome! Yes I am rambling sorry! So sad about Alex Wong, I hope he makes a good recovery and will be able to be an All-star next year. For those of you don't know, Twitch plays a big part in Step Up 3 if you haven't seen it!

Who are your favorite choreographers? I really LOVE Travis Wall and Tabitha and Napoleon! I am trying to learn their choreography for National Dance Day!

My favorites of the season are Marko & Melanie.. Caitlynn and Mitchell, and Clarice and Jess! I like Jordan and Tadd too.
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

FINALLY! An awesome show! It's been at least two weeks since I liked most of the dances. I think Catelynn's may have been my favorite. Tadd danced my favorite solo. Catelynn is trying hard to be my favorite girl, but Melanie still holds that place, for now. I loved Neil Patrick Harris as a judge. I've been a fan of his for most of my life, Doogie Howser will always have a spot in my heart.

I thought everyone did a much better job tonight, and I thought Sasha was fabulous in her routine with Twitch! He kept up with her or vice versa very well, and their synchronized movements were very crisp and sharp. I thought Catelyn did a much better job in her partnered dance than her solo - she just seems to fling her hair around a lot every solo, I wanna make her tie it back so she cannot use that - it's distracting. Didn't love Jess' partnered dance, and could still see that minute hesitation before lifts. He's obviously strong enough, it's just a mental thing. I thought the Viennese Waltz was breathtakingly lovely, so very smooth and flowy! I have no idea who will be in the bottom tonight.
    I've Been Frosted

I honestly think Melanie has the potential to win the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    I thought everyone did a much better job tonight, and I thought Sasha was fabulous in her routine with Twitch! . . . I thought Catelyn did a much better job in her partnered dance than her solo . . . Didn't love Jess' partnered dance . . . I thought the Viennese Waltz was breathtakingly lovely, so very smooth and flowy! I have no idea who will be in the bottom tonight.
    Agreed!

Of the girls, Clarice and Jordan are probably my least favorites, but they're both awesome and I thought Clarice's Bollywood was great, but for the life of me, I cannot remember the routine Jordan did. All I know about the bottom, is that I hope Melanie isn't in it. I am not a fan of Catelyn's solos, either, but her Tango last night was incredible. Melanie's Waltz was gorgeous, but I think of the two ballroom routines, I enjoyed the Tango more. And, Sasha is a bad *ss, for sure. She is so funky and what a face!

As for the guys, Tadd is actually becoming more my favorite than Marko, just based on last night's performances. I could see any of the other three go home, and be ok with it, although I don't dislike any of them. Again, with the bottom, I just don't want to see Marko or Tadd in it. It'll be interesting to see what happens.

I am sooooo grateful for the all-stars. I just think it makes for a more entertaining show.

Quote Originally Posted by luvofallhorses View Post
    I honestly think Melanie has the potential to win the show.
    My husband and I called her as the winner from her first audition.

I love how various guests judges keep saying what an old-fashioned beauty Melanie has - but not one has mentioned she's like a real life Betty Boop, but who happens to be an excellent dancer!

Doncha think?
    I've Been Frosted

LOL maybe Karen. She is a beautiful dancer and the most passion I think.

I didn't have any issues with who went home tonight. Besides Tadd and Marko, I'm sorta indifferent about the guys. They're all amazing dancers, and I really like what Nigel said before announcing the two to leave. It was really good of him, and definitely true! They will all go far!

Yeah, I do like Ricky better than I did Mitchell, but I would rather Jess had gone home before either of them.
    I've Been Frosted