Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Remember me? (update: more bathroom news)

Prayers being said for Kirsten!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

You have certainly been missed, Kristen! I'm so sorry to hear that things are looking so bleak for you right now. Try to think positive, things have a way of working themselves out. As for Lily and Luna, I'm more than willing to help you out as best I can. They love you just as much as you love them...and we all know that's a lot. Feel free to pm me anytime to vent or whatever you need. I may not have the answers but I will listen.
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    So sorry to hear that things are not brighter for you right now, but it is said that it is darkest before the dawn. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Gosh - your photography is so awesome, it's difficult to believe that you wouldn't be able to make money with that talent. Is there someone that would sponsor you, perhaps to publish your works? It seems like such a waste that you have such a way with the camera, but you have no way to share it with the masses. I'm certain that there is a market out there just waiting to be tapped in to. I've seen photography sell for big $$$, that can't even come close to the beautiful work that you do.

Feel better, and don't lose hope.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Oh, Kirsten, I am so sorry that you are having such a difficult time. I lit a candle for you: http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/...g&cid=12610992

I wish there was more I could do, something that would actually help you with all these troubles.

Love and warmth and light and good wishes and prayers from us all.

{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}} and ~~~~~PURRS~~~~~,
    Pat, Sydney, Poppy, Elmer, Bob, and Sparkler

and P.S., I agree with EVERYONE else here, your photographs are stunningly beautiful and your talent is amazing. You just need the right publicity agent!
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Kristen, your bathroom is beautiful!!

I am sorry you are staying so sick and getting so depressed. You are such a gifted person with your photography and decorating skills... I hate that all has happened to you..

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Kirsten, I'm so sorry to hear this latest news. I'll be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

Quote Originally Posted by phesina View Post
    Oh, Kirsten, I am so sorry that you are having such a difficult time. I lit a candle for you: http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/...g&cid=12610992

I wish there was more I could do, something that would actually help you with all these troubles.

Love and warmth and light and good wishes and prayers from us all.

{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}} and ~~~~~PURRS~~~~~,
    Pat, Sydney, Poppy, Elmer, Bob, and Sparkler

and P.S., I agree with EVERYONE else here, your photographs are stunningly beautiful and your talent is amazing. You just need the right publicity agent!
    I lit a candle for you too. I agree with everyone about your photographs. I would be honored to have one. I just don't know how. If it would be something I purchased via the Web? or if I purchase the right, say to print one photo copyrighted to Kirsten, one time? or if it were published in some form (book? calendar? Cafe Press?), that I can't say. If anyone out there knows a way, I'll be waiting. I also put a link to your Web site on my Facebook status.

(((HUGS)))
    Elyse
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Ah gee mate. That's not good news at all.
    Is it possible for you to find some casual work, if you're feeling up to it of course. Maybe an hour or two a day to supplement your pension ????

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    I agree with everyone about your photographs. I would be honored to have one. I just don't know how. If it would be something I purchased via the Web? or if I purchase the right, say to print one photo copyrighted to Kirsten, one time? or if it were published in some form (book? calendar? Cafe Press?), that I can't say. If anyone out there knows a way, I'll be waiting.

(((HUGS)))
    Elyse

I am so sorry things aren't going well for you right now. I do agree
    with Elyse that it's a shame your talent can not be put to good use to
    help with finances. I would be happy to purchase some of your artwork,
    photos, etc. if only there were a way to do so. You do excellent work.

Prayers that there is a bright light at the end of this tunnel.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Kirsten I echo everyone's thoughts about your wonderful talent with your camera. All of us appreciate it when you post any new photos - they are so beautiful.

I have lit a candle for you and will continue to say prayers for your mental as well as physical health.

Blessings to you.

Kirsten, I'm so sorry you have to deal with so many problems. I hope your disability goes through. At least you can relax and know your rent is secured every month. You may not be able to live like a King, but still...

The world is a tough place these days and it's getting tougher. I feel Denmark is falling apart and I honestly don't know where I'll be in a few years, so I try to enjoy NOW as much as I can. Don't give up, Kirsten, you have a talent for Photography - and perhaps you could do websites for people, also. Take it to the limit, girl!!

PS. Do you need some household saving tips? Just ask - I'm the best!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Thank you everyone for your support!! That means a lot to me.

If the pension goes through, that won't mean my life is "safe". I would only get a very small pension (564 € minus health insurance etc., so I don't know what will be left in the end, maybe 400€, or even less), and I would have to apply for social welfare. When I'm on that, I won't be allowed to make any extra money, they would take it away immediately. For that reason, it wouldn't make any sense at all to start selling pictures etc. at this time. These things have become so complicated here ever since we got that social aid called Hartz IV. Unless I'd make so much money that I won't need social welfare at all (which is very unlikely, especially in my bad condition), there's no use to start something like that. I wouldn't be allowed to keep it.

This link may explain the Hartz IV-concept a bit better.

@Pat and Elyse: Thank you so much for the candles! That was so sweet!

Much to my embarrassment, I missed that yesterday! I'm getting senile...

More bad news: Got a call from the endrocrinological clinic in Goettingen this morning where I've been a couple of weeks ago to have some tests done. Turned out that my cortisol level is way too low, so I need to go back for more tests. Guess they're thinking of Addison Disease, an autoimmune disease of the adrenal glands. Would suck big time, but at least this would explain why I'm contantly nauseous. Was told to call the doctor of that clinic tomorrow to discuss further steps. This crap never seems to end...

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post
    More bad news: Got a call from the endrocrinological clinic in Goettingen this morning where I've been a couple of weeks ago to have some tests done. Turned out that my cortisol level is way too low, so I need to go back for more tests. Guess they're thinking of Addison Disease, an autoimmune disease of the adrenal glands. Would suck big time, but at least this would explain why I'm contantly nauseous. Was told to call the doctor of that clinic tomorrow to discuss further steps. This crap never seems to end...
    I'm so sorry to hear this! Good, positive vibes are on the way to you from Groucho and me that all will work out well. I'm solidly on your side if there's anything I can do for you
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE