Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Nascar 2009

I'm not a fan of any of this weeks Hotpass drivers but will probably watch
    Carl Edwards since I think he is the best of the lot.

Why does NASCAR bring out the best in people?

I was walking out of my gate when I heard someone yelling at me over the music on my earphones.

I stopped and saw the mailman gesturing to me-when I got the earpiece out he wanted to know who the NASCAR fan was in the house.

Of course he has seen the NASCAR publication, Marlboro/GP ads and the Harvick flag waving on the porch....

We did a little back and forth across the street and got the info on his driver, the kind of beer he drinks (it's not the brand HIS driver is sponsored by) and why he has no particular hatred for the brother of his favorite driver. It was a fun 10 minutes and I now know another NASCAR fan I can yell at when I see them.

I have always found race fans to be very faithful to their guys and always ready to start a conversation and trade a few jabs about the race, season or who crashed who the week before.

I love my NASCAR and the crazy fans, too!

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    I got my first issue of NASCAR SCENE today.

It had Kyle Busch on the cover. After I read the REALLY INTERESTING stories I gave it to my brother. I refuse to have anything with his name or picture on it in my house.
    Oh, so I'm not around for a while and your all making fun of Kyle now
    If Mark only knew he'd be kicking your butt

GO KYLE

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

99% of my NASCAR buddies are online. My in-laws and I go to the Memphis races every year but they're just generic race fans. I wish I had someone to shoot the bull with about NASCAR other than the drunk guy that lives one street over. At least he's a Mark Martin fan.

No worries anna_66. I'll talk bad about Kyle even if you're here if it makes you feel better, LOL. I don't hate him, I just think we are seeing waaaaaay too much of him. I'm hoping he thinks the Memphis Nationwide race this fall isn't worth his time. I dont think he's raced the Truck here in awhile so no worries there.

kyle Busch is without double one of the best drivers out there today. Unfortunately he is not very likable. I don't care for him at all and some of that has to do with the brand he drives.

I will probably only make it to one or two races this year, both being at Talledega. I live about 40 miles from the track so I don't have a good reason not to be there. I really don't care for restrictor plate racing but the races there are alway exciting. My favorite track is Atlanta because it is fast and you can see the whole track. I would love to go to a race in Bristol or Martinsville because I was brought up enjoying short track racing. I lived just Blocks from BIR where the old Alabama Gang honed their skills before Nascar.

Quote Originally Posted by anna_66 View Post
    Oh, so I'm not around for a while and your all making fun of Kyle now
    If Mark only knew he'd be kicking your butt

GO KYLE
    I sure as shiat ain't sending you an Christmas card with KB on it.

TO2K,

Nascar and Drunks?

NEVER!

KKP,

KB is a great driver and he knows it!

AACK!

-------

My NASCAR magazine came today and Kurt is staring back at me as I walk up the driveway!

Double Acck!
    Last edited by RICHARD; 03-25-2009 at 04:11 PM. Reason: Mail!
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    I love my NASCAR and the crazy fans, too!
    I resemble that remark!

I've had season passes to the races in Nashville for several years. This year with a season pass ticket, they are including admission to the driver's meetings. That would be interesting to attend, but sadly I think I'll have to pass this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Moesha View Post
    I resemble that remark!

I've had season passes to the races in Nashville for several years. This year with a season pass ticket, they are including admission to the driver's meetings. That would be interesting to attend, but sadly I think I'll have to pass this year.
    Hmmm....we had been debating the April Nationwide race. Might give a little more reason to consider it!

Anna, tomorrow morning at 9 am on Espn Classic, Sports Century is about Tony Stewart. I have my DVR set!

Kyle sure can drive...but I still refuse to become a fan. At least one that wears any Kyle gear!

That would be interesting to attend, but sadly I think I'll have to pass this year.

You could sit at the back with a straw and spitwads.

I resemble that remark!

I wish Memphis (sister track to N'Ville) would do that. Had season tix for years and the only way I can ever get pics of drivers is by fighting my way to the front of the mosh-pit at the fence during intros, LOL. Nashville is a nice track. I have been there for a motorcycle race, but not NASCAR.

Quote Originally Posted by aTailOf2Kitties View Post
    I, LOL. Nashville is a nice track. I have been there for a motorcycle race, but not NASCAR.

Dirt or street bikes?

I love the smell of castrol!

-------------

CM,
    I caught some of the TS program, as a kid he looked nothing like he does today. I think it's the cheeks.

whatever bikes these are:
    http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y77...007/Bike10.jpg I guess those are considered street bikes, although there is a class for dirtbikes. Just put some racing tires on them and let 'em go! It's cool and strange at the same time

I know I've got pictures from Nashville somewhere, but can't find them I guess I never put them online.

Quote Originally Posted by aTailOf2Kitties View Post
    whatever bikes these are:
    http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y77...007/Bike10.jpg I guess those are considered street bikes, although there is a class for dirtbikes. Just put some racing tires on them and let 'em go! It's cool and strange at the same time

I know I've got pictures from Nashville somewhere, but can't find them I guess I never put them online.

Yes, street bikes! Suzukis! The dirtbikes with street tires are very popular in Europe and are classed as "Motorads"

Those guys are fun to watch, especially in the turns.

The Daytona Class races that were run here at AAA raceway will be televised on Saturday night on SPEED, 8 p.m. EST!

I have been a volunteer at the Barber Motorsport park for both the AMA Superbike championship series and the Gran-Am Series. This gives me free admission to the the WERA Regionals. aTailOf2Kitties the races you had in Memphis were WERA Regionals. I have worked my way into the VIP hospitality lounge for my volunteer work. I get to see all the racers and a birds eye view of the races. They just completed testing here for Indi cars and it looks like we will be getting an Indi race soon.I hope we can get a American Lemans series race here in the future. Barber is world class so eventually they will have a full calender. Between Barber and Talladega I get to see some great racing. I have been thinking of Volunteering at Talladega also.

yeah the bike races I went to were WERA. My bf's highschool buddy was racing for a while in that series and my bf and I were his onofficial crew, LOL. I've been to Talladega and Nashville bike races. We were busy when he went to Barber. He had a kid a couple years ago so he's kinda sittin' it out awhile. I'm not into motorcycles too much, but I do like taking picures and getting out of town for a weekend.

I've only seen NASCAR races at Memphis and the rare trip to the drag strip.