Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Guess what we did today!! NEW PICTURES ON #22

Awww, he is adorable! Congratulations!

Quote Originally Posted by shais_mom

How adorable!! Congrats on your new baby

All the name suggestions so far are cute.

Although, for some reason he just looks like a "Jerry"

Quote Originally Posted by Catsnclay
    ** As a side note, I did turn in the lady we bought Taz from. Both my in-laws and friends thought it was the right thing to do, but my husband said not to worry about it - men - But I turned them in to Sherrif Joe's possie and they will do a "welfare check" on the house, then they will let me know! (but they will not let her know who turned her in - whew!) I know I saved Taz, now hopefully the other kitties there will be saved, too.
    What was up with the house where you got Taz? I reread through from the beginning and couldn't find anything about it being questionable, although if he was in really bad shape, I'm sure it was! Poor little guy! How many others were there?? Do you think they find places for them, or will they take them to the "inhumane" society where they'll be put down. Not sure how your state/city works. Were there kids in the house yet too?? How bad was the place??

Sorry Jenn, we were out on a short vacation over the weekend!

Taz, we think came from a kitty mill - so to speak. When we called to see about the ad in the paper, the lady told us she had 'several' adoptable kittens. When we arrived at her house, she and her daughter met us outside with kittens in hand. It was 110 degrees outside and we were all standing outside in her driveway because we were not allowed inside the house. When I asked if he had papers, she said 'no, but I can get you some if you want" - red flag #2. I asked to see the parents, another excuse. She then brought out a box of kittens still being weaned from 'a' mother, and the daughter came out with a shoe box of just born kittens....all very adorable, but suspicious too.

When we took him to the vet later that day his poor little ears were just infested with earmites, he has been quarintined from Lucky & Yoshi for 2 weeks now with another week to go.

We have an animal abuse line that our Sheriff's office is with, I emailed them explaining that I had no real evidence, just gut feelings. They said no problem, but they did have a back log so it may take a while before they could do a 'welfare' check on this woman.

I just want her to stop selling kittens, and can you imagine the poor mother cats??? pregnancy after prengancy? Ugh! I can only imagine what the inside of her house must look like.......
    Bunny & Kitties:

Taz - F (7); Majerle - M (4) & Loki - M (8 months)
    (pronounced: Marley).

Quote Originally Posted by Catsnclay
    Sorry Jenn, we were out on a short vacation over the weekend!

Taz, we think came from a kitty mill - so to speak. When we called to see about the ad in the paper, the lady told us she had 'several' adoptable kittens. When we arrived at her house, she and her daughter met us outside with kittens in hand. It was 110 degrees outside and we were all standing outside in her driveway because we were not allowed inside the house. When I asked if he had papers, she said 'no, but I can get you some if you want" - red flag #2. I asked to see the parents, another excuse. She then brought out a box of kittens still being weaned from 'a' mother, and the daughter came out with a shoe box of just born kittens....all very adorable, but suspicious too.

When we took him to the vet later that day his poor little ears were just infested with earmites, he has been quarintined from Lucky & Yoshi for 2 weeks now with another week to go.

We have an animal abuse line that our Sheriff's office is with, I emailed them explaining that I had no real evidence, just gut feelings. They said no problem, but they did have a back log so it may take a while before they could do a 'welfare' check on this woman.

I just want her to stop selling kittens, and can you imagine the poor mother cats??? pregnancy after prengancy? Ugh! I can only imagine what the inside of her house must look like.......
    I can't remember which area of AZ you live in but what about
    Animal Cops PHOENIX?
    or does't this qualify?
    hope Taz is doing better!
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

I believe the 'Animal Cops" are part of the Humiane Society, whereas the person I reported it to was Sherrif Joe Arpiao- dubbed the 'toughest Sheriff in the West".

The HS will just take the animals away and maybe start a lawsuit, Sheriff Joe will take the animals away along with the owners! He doesn't mess around! There is a part of his jail system that the inmates take care of the animals, and to me that alone will teach someone unconditional love, and that is worth it!

Either way I hope she gets what is coming to her....Taz was a mess when we got him 2 weeks ago, now today he is 1 full pound heavier!!

I got myself a little piggie......
    Bunny & Kitties:

Taz - F (7); Majerle - M (4) & Loki - M (8 months)
    (pronounced: Marley).