Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Nascar 2007

Did you see Kenny Wallace's qualifying run?!? Go Herminator!!!

Tony Stewart is right about NASCAR throwing yellows.

Last week, during the race, one of the announcers made a comment like, "If we can find the debris, we'll show it to you."

I thought that was a really odd statement to make, especially on a small track.

I didn't think about it until I read about the fine and I remembered the caution and the comment..

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD
    Tony Stewart is right about NASCAR throwing yellows.

Last week, during the race, one of the announcers made a comment like, "If we can find the debris, we'll show it to you."

I thought that was a really odd statement to make, especially on a small track.

I didn't think about it until I read about the fine and I remembered the caution and the comment..

Tony's fine was for skipping the post race interviews, not for his comments. His hour long lecture, at 6am Friday and the delay to his team unloading was due to his comments. He's been invited to watch the next Busch race from the Nascar tower so they can "explain" to him how they call a race. A little brainwashing, perhaps? Ironically, I don't notice very many debris cautions called during Busch races....

But what about the finish today!! So great to see Tony and Bobby as teammates again, even in the Busch series. Reminds me of Tony's early JRG days.

I have to say that I agree about the cautions. What I find funny though is that I have felt this way for a long time and even funnier is the fact that last season they always seemed to favor Tony for the most part. I know there were several races last season that we watched and we would say "Oh look, Tony is in trouble or Tony is about to go a lap down. Watch them throw a caution for debris". Sure enough that is exactly what would happen. Am I the only one that thinks this has been going on for a long time and not something that has just started this season?

Quote Originally Posted by RobiLee
    I have to say that I agree about the cautions. Am I the only one that thinks this has been going on for a long time and not something that has just started this season?
    I guess I'll see you in the NASCAR trailer......
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

Uh Oh........

I agree Robin, it was a problem last year too. It seems like this year though, it has been more late race cautions. At the beginning of the season it seemed like every race was green/white checker and there was either a debris caution late, that then caused an accident on a restart, or the debris caution put them into a green/white checker.

Just a note to the fans at 'Dega:

You collectively look like a bunch of idiots when you start throwing things on the track when you don't like who won. Ever think you morons might hit someone? Like another fan in the stands? Or maybe a driver?

Grow up, idiots.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human

You collectively look like a bunch of idiots when you start throwing things on the track when you don't like who won. Ever think you morons might hit someone? Like another fan in the stands? Or maybe a driver?

Grow up, idiots.

Not Just 'Dega...they were doing it last week in Phoenix too. Morons!

I know, but it seems like an annual event at 'Dega.

Cross that track off the list of tracks I want to go to.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

I know, but it seems like an annual event at 'Dega.

Cross that track off the list of tracks I want to go to.

Hmmm.

There was talk about thrown objects on one of the race shows before Sunday.

I am sorry to see one of the "family sports" taken over by a bunch a morons.
    I noticed one almost full can of liquid hit the track.... Then Fox cut away from the coverage. I love the burnouts and the Polish Victory laps....I guess those will soon come to an end eventually...

----------------------------

If NASCAR wanted to send a message to the idiot fans-this will never happen because of the dollars involved, but if enough people were ticked off they would police themselves a little better-close the stands and have a race.

They will never be able to stop it completely, but I suspect that when the masses suffer because of a few, the masses will take a stand.

You collectively look like a bunch of idiots when you start throwing things on the track
    when you don't like who won.

Grow up, idiots.
    Agreed!
    Shame on 'em!

The TV Boys mentioned it a couple of times; and said the Cops within the stands
    were instructed to make Immediate ARRESTS of anyone throwing stuff.
    I'd be interested to know if they really DID make any arrests.

Hooligans don't belong in the NASCAR crowds!

They had an airtight security system.

With all that debris thrown on the track, they made a total of 10 arrests. They couldn't clearly identify anyone else.

With all that debris thrown on the track,
    they made a total of 10 arrests.

They couldn't clearly identify anyone else.
    "Couldn't clearly identify ..."

Good Grief!
    Hope they don't let those guys carry GUNS!

(Or at least don't issue them bullets!)

Guess they need to start making the tracks a can free zone: no beer or soda cans or any other allowed. Only pop in paper cups sold at the track.

Can't do a whole lot of damage with a paper cup unless it gets stuck on the front grill of a car or something like that.

They do that at the football games in KC. (or they used to)
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~