Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Q & A Game!

My beautiful plump, white cat Tebaldi's favourite season is summer. She just loves the sun even when it is uncomfortably hot for humans. Only on the hottest days does she stay in the shade. I worry about her getting burnt but when I rub sunblock onto her pinkie ears & nose she promptly licks it off.

Q. Has anyone had success with sunblock or special sunhats to prevent their pets getting burnt?

A: i have friends on another furum who have had lots of sucess. however, King obviously doesn't need any w/ his triple layer coat. (and i don't shave him due to his completly rare colors. i'd have a white dog instead of a black dog if i shaved him. ..lol) and while living at home, i don't think my parents would have agreed to putting sunblock on our rat terrier.)

Q: have you ever been full body tripped by your pet? (not only a quick stumble, but more of a roll or a fall)

Let nature guide your actions and you will never have to worry if you did the right thing. ~ crow_noir

The pet world excels where the human world is lacking; sterilization and adoption. ~ crow_noir

Please, if your dog is arthritic look into getting it Elk Velvet Antler. Look up my posts on it, PM me, or look it up on a search engine; but please if you love your dog and want it to live many more years consider this option. I've seen so many posts on here about dogs needlessly suffering. I can't make a new post about EVA every time so this plea is going here. EVA also helps with other ailments such as anemia.

A.No idont think i have ever been well mabey a stumble but not a Fall Fall weellll nywayz

Q.Is This like a REALLllllllllyYYYYYYYYYYY good game?

c:/documents and settings./aaron/mydocuments.DCP_0007

I think its a great game and we have Rosey to thank for it! So, "THANKS", Rosey.

Here's my question:

In your ideal world, how many pets would you have, and what kind?

My answer is: I would have a much larger yard and more money so that I could have three dogs, or at least be able to foster, my two cats, my two hamsters, and I would have a garden pond with koi (which I will have regardless, one day), plus I would like to have a bird.

In a ideal world I would have a farm full of animals. I would have horses, some cows, and of course about 5 or 6 Goldens.

Question: You are on a deserted Island with your dog and no food to eat except for one Turkey sandwich. You are hungry but so is the dog. Who gets the sandwich?

We split it, of course!

Question:

You have had a solitary cat for a long, long time. She can tolerate dogs, but hates other cats. A beautiful stray Siamese mix shows up in the dead of winter, its cold outside, and you see that he is sleeping where your gas furnace vents, just trying to stay warm. What do you do? Do you let him inside? Do you say "Scat Cat"? Do you take him to the pound or shelter?

My answer: Those of you who know me, know that I experienced this last winter. And of course, he lives here now! And his name is Butter. He is ferocious, still can't let you pet him without attacking, except when he is eating, but is so happy in this house, even with Mimi hissing at him at every turn, that my answer is that I did the right thing...letting him stay. He's now neutered, well fed, and quite the "pain in the neck", but loved and very happy. We hope for the day when he can feel comfortable enough not to scratch and bite us!

A: I would introduce cat2 into the house as slowly and carefully as I can - after dusting for fleas, etc. If, after some time, cat1 was still absolutely furious at me, I'd give cat2 to one of my siblings, who have multi-animal friendly cats!

Question: Do you think pets should be able to visit their ill owners in the hospital (as long as the patient is not in a condition that the pet visiting could harm) even if they aren't trained therapy pets?
    I've Been Frosted

A: Having spent an extended time in the hospital several years ago, and having been hospitalized roughly 20 times in the past 11 or 12 years, I unequivocably say YES!!!

However, I am practical enough to know that would be virtually impossible.

But it's really hard to sleep with no kitty snuggled between your knees!

Q: Have you, as an animal lover, had a pet or was close to someone who had a pet that you didn't really like?

Yes, its was my friends Lab Trece. He was WAAAAY too hyper he was 2 years old and he was just plain STUPID! He would knock you over when u walked in, he would ram his nose up ur butt as you were walking, scratch u up, and just plain annoy you, i mean i know he was kinda trying to be a love bug but enopugh was enough! i always told her to put her away when i went over, and Simba just plain hates him. Again he doesnt like hyper dogs in which he does nto like labs alot!

Ok you walk into the shelter and theres this beautiful Golden Retriever Pure Bred! and then next to it theres this "ugly" hienz 57 mutt with a smushed nose and one ear up and one crooked that has been there for a while ( no kill shleter) and you know it will never get adopted, which do u pick?

Well this is exactly what happned to my naighbor when she got her dog Pooter noone wanted pooter and she was just a plain ole mutt! but i loved potter i knew her ever since she was a pup and i was a "pup". "Poots" as i called her sadly passed away in January of this year. She had a big tumor in her mouth in which 5 years ago the doctor said she would die in 5 months.. but she made it 5 years, she finally lost all of her teeth and it was her time- she lives a happy 15 years! R.I.P Poots
    KayAnn And Simba, the super duper "Wunduh Mutt"

Go Buccaneers!

Hi and I must say first that it is so touching to the heart to hear how so many people that truly love their pets on this board!

A; Since I'm a big fan on rescuing animals that no one wants I would have to go with the hienz 57 mutt. As I'm sure the other one will have no problem in finding a home!

Q; I heard on a T.V show when they were talking about pets their dog always sleeps in their bed at night and it hogs most of it. Do you ever or would you consider letting your pet sleep in your bed?

Growing up, the dog was never allowed on the bed/furniture. Our kitties were allowed to occupy any piece of furniture they saw fit. Right now, the only animal I have living with me is my house bun, Sophie. AND BELIEVE ME...I have TRIED to get her to sleep with me. It just doesn't work! There's nothing like a 5lb bunny hurling herself at you at 2am, waking you from a dead sleep...or waking you up chewing on the carpet...or waking you up burrowing under the covers! lol (Gave me quite a fright until I discovered what it was! lol) She will take naps with me during the day, but since buns are nocturnal...she just can't be good! lol I'd LOVE for her to sleep with me though! (She actually did one night...it was storming and I think she was frightened of the lightning...but that has been the ONLY time she's made it through the complete night).

Q. What is the strangest thing you have ever caught your pet doing?

[ September 21, 2001: Message edited by: zippy-kat ]

yes, i always try to get King to sleep w/ us but he refuses to stay on the bed. (it's not right for a subordanate to do such things.) *shrug* if that's what makes you happy. though, we do wish we had a king sized bed so all three of us would fit comfortably. (the two of us fight for space as it is. well, we have it finally worked out verbally.)

Q:if you could have a cross of ANY two animals, what would it be? (dog/wolf, orangatang/monkey, domestic cat/bobcat, etc. don't count)

Let nature guide your actions and you will never have to worry if you did the right thing. ~ crow_noir

The pet world excels where the human world is lacking; sterilization and adoption. ~ crow_noir

Please, if your dog is arthritic look into getting it Elk Velvet Antler. Look up my posts on it, PM me, or look it up on a search engine; but please if you love your dog and want it to live many more years consider this option. I've seen so many posts on here about dogs needlessly suffering. I can't make a new post about EVA every time so this plea is going here. EVA also helps with other ailments such as anemia.

A;I'm stumped on that one I'm going to leave this for someone who would like to answer that!

Q; I saw on The Animal Planet you can brush your pets teeth do you do it or take it to the Vets. to have it done?

The ultimate mix has already been done. It produced the Golden Retriever!

I do brush my Dixie's teeth. Dusty still has baby teeth (that are falling out left and right) so I don't do his yet but I will. I had to take my first two Goldens to the vet to have it done after the buildup got real bad. The dogs needed to be put under anesthesia to do this. I just think it's easier on the dogs and less expensive for the humans to do this task. They get use to it just like brushing or any other grooming practice.

Q: If something were to happen to you (God forbid) do you have someone lined up to take care of your pets and adopt them?

A; Yes I thought of that and it's good to think ahead as you never know what tommorrow will bring! My daughter

Q; Everyone loves their pet here Does any one cook meals for their lovely's? Maybe not all the time but as a treat? Or give human food maybe?