Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Bob's test results.

I sure don't envy you guys at all! I'm crying and I have never even met precious Bob. I have been so blessed that I have never had to have an animal PTS. Tragic accidents are so hard to deal with but I can't imagine knowing you are taking that last trip and Bob won't be coming home with you. You are doing the right thing and sometimes the right thing is the hardest to do. Keep us posted and let us know how you both are doing.

Originally posted by PayItForward
    Better that he falls asleep in Steve's arms than dies from being ill, in pain
    So true. RIP Bob and have a save trip to the RB. OJ and Casper will greet you when you arrive and I'm sure Binx and Butterscotch will be there too. It was a pleasure to know you even for such a short time.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Originally posted by PaysForIt
    I felt like such a traitor,
    You are not a traitor by any means, you are a savior to sweet Bob! It's 10:00 am here, so I'm sure Bob is at RB now, and you must know you did the absolute best thing for him. Especially if, like Jenny says, he stopped eating. He was ready and this morning when he was talking to you he was probably telling you how wonderful the last few days have been and how grateful he is that you're doing this for him.

Rest in peace sweet boy, and enjoy your new health at the RB with all the others.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

Dear Jenny, Steve and Bob,
    God gives us a certain amount of time with each other, and we never truly know how long that time is. Sometimes we are blessed with knowing when our time has come, and we can truly and deeply express our love for one another. That is what has happened with you and Bob. Jen and Steve, Bob knows the love you had for him, and he returned it. The hardest thing to do is let go. The most loving thing to do is to let go, and let Bob pass to the RB. It just doesn't seem right that the hardest thing to do is the right thing to do. It shouldn't hurt so much. That is what tests and strengthens our love. Doing the right thing despite the pain. Bob is in a better place. I know that. You two are left to grieve, in pain. Time, as I know all too well, will be your true friend. You can't look back, just ahead. Know that while you are focusing on the future, and dealing with your grief, just over your shoulders is a beautiful black boy, placing a paw ever so gently on you both, guiding you. RIP Bob. You have gone from the Angels to God.
    Love,
    Johanna

There never was a cat like Bob who has been here only a short time and has touched all our hearts.

He was ill and alone and he came over to you and trusted you and loved you immediately. His last days were as happy as they could be under these circumstances and I am so glad I met Bob- at least on the web and although it is hard to let him go. How much harder will it be for you. But it's the right thing.

Thank you that we were allowed to be part of this love story. Bob will be in our hearts forever.

Bob sure felt last night his journey here is ending, and that he has to move on...

I'm sure he felt nothing but love and thankfulness for you that you've made his last days here on earth as comfortable as possible. Now he can leave this world with the knowledge that he was loved.

Bob, you brought tears to so many eyes here, and you've touched so many hearts, you're really a special boy!

R.I.P. little one!

Kirsten

Oftentimes the most loving thing we can do for our pets is knowing when to let them go.

Denyce

Originally posted by Denyce
    Oftentimes the most loving thing we can do for our pets is knowing when to let them go.

Denyce
    Denyce, you said it all. It takes courage, but isn't it a wonderful gift that we can give to them so that they don't have to suffer any longer than necessary?

Jenny and Steve, you are in our thoughts and prayers today.

Rest in peace, Bob. You are loved by many.

Bob has passed to the bridge

Glass of Wine in Hand.. Looking at Bob's photos.

I missed him from the moment I entered the house tonight and no body shouted from the spare room.

But as a good friend said 'he is going back to God and his beloved owner.' I have to look at this as a new beginning for him not an end.

Funny..how you can miss someone after knowing them for such a short time.

Cheers...Here's to Bob and his original owner.
    Be happy honey I'll see you on the bridge.
    Enjoy playing with Lindy, Caramel & Mr Stray.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I can't say how much me & Steve value Pet Talk posters support at this time.

Steve has been working the night shift this week and so we have not seen each other this week, only spoke over the phone.

It has been a hard week, for both of us and we thank you for helping us though.

I'll post Bob's last photos on the memorial site tomorrow.

I just read through this thread – I am so sorry I missed it earlier.
    All I can say to you as I sit here bawling my eyes out is;
    I am sorry for your loss.
    You were a gift to him and he was a gift to you.
    May he run and play in peace at Rainbow Bridge…

Cheers Jen. Here's to Bob.

To Bob ~ at the Bridge ~

Originally posted by PayItForward

Glass of Wine in Hand.. Looking at Bob's photos.

*Cheers* ... Here's to Bob and his original owner.
    Be happy honey...
    *CHEERS*, Bob!

Here's To Ya!!

Thanks for being here with us!!

Rest In Peace, Lil Buddie - You've Earned It!!

Rest In Peace dear Bob, your suffering is over, My RB Sooti and lil Romeo are waiting to greet you with open paws.

My sincere condolences to you Jenny and Steve, you had a very hard decision to make, but you gave him heaps of love and care for the short time you had him, its amazing how our hearts are touched so quickly by an animal we have known a short time, you two are the best, and gave Bob a wonderful send off.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Rest in peace, dear Bob.

{{HUGS}} for you, Jenny and Steve and
    cuddles for George, Milly, Milo, Treacle, Bramble, Tigs, and Sandy
    Steffi and Lovable

I didn't read Bob's story until just now. How so very sad and heartbreaking. This is one of the saddest stories I have ever read on PT. RIP Bob. You are in a good place now, free of pain and suffering, and it is good to know that your last days were full of all the love you could wish for.