Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Catmobile Kitties, it's Superbowl time!

Well, my three have finally checked in with me tonight. This is what I saw. Dear Meowmie, I guess they're having a good time.
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

We just got a call from Groucho. He said they had a blast at the Superbowl Park. Merlin, Chuck, Cassie, Nelson, and Sophie LOVED riding on the zip line; Chip is quite a place kicker; they all did well passing and pretending to be quarterbacks. Before game time the kitty kontingent had a chance to run around the field and it was a great chance for them to work off some excess energy.

After the Puppy Bowl & Kitten Half Time Show, the hamster pilots took them to the stadium in the Ice Breaker Blimp. Groucho said the view was awesome! Groucho, Chels, Franklin, and Angel were thrilled when Eli Manning gave them a pat on their heads as they toured the locker rooms. During the half-time show the PT Kitty Bagpipe Quartet and Scottish dancer made Madonna look like an amateur. More parties to go to after the game.
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

Text from Cassie

Hi Meowm
    We met Eli
    And you haznt, ha haa
    We iz having a Blast
    Lubz
    Cassie
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Just got a text from the boys: Giants won! Yay!!! Eli is kewl!!!

What was my Angel doing in a locker room??????
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!

Furrkids checked in this morning - TIRED!!! Ready to head home. I think I was more disappointed that the Pats lost than they were - too many fun things going on, I don't think they saw that much of the game itself!! Lulu was ready to show the pups how it's really done - she could run rings around them on her little short legs Bibette tried to join in with the zip line crew - but it was just too new and scary (she never has done well with new and scary - surprised she even went on this trip - although she seems to have adopted the attitude if Lulu can do it, so can I ). Wish they were coming home with the trophy - maybe next year. Thanks, Catmobile Kitties, for letting them join in.

B&L's Mom2

Quote Originally Posted by Bibette & Lulu View Post
    Thanks, Catmobile Kitties, for letting them join in. B&L's Mom2
    Our Catmobile kitties are always making plans for another get-away, in fact they'll most likely be planning something on their way home. From what I've heard, Bibette and Lulu fit right in with the rest of the travellers and are welcome to join in anytime! When they get home, you can expect two exhausted kitties.
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

Well, Valentine's Day, Spring Break, and the Derby are right around the corner, sort of. I know of a few kittie couples who may have already made plans for V-Day.

And aren't we going to see the Oscars.. in Hollywood, Canada, and Scotland?
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Nelson, post-Super-Bowl!

I saw Nelson last night. He said he finally got up his courage and declared his love to his heartthrob kittie sweetie (who still remains anonymous).. but she turned him down. She told him, "Our love can never be, my dearest, because I am promised to another." He was heartbroken.

But soon he was noticing another, a new Catmobile traveler.. And now he has the biggest crush on Bibette, he says! He is just worshiping her from afar at this point, afraid of getting burned again.

But he hopes that she is not also already sworn for, and he is working on learning a little French, perhaps a few French songs, in time for the next trip..

AND he also was watching her cute sister Lulu, who was enjoying his Sean Nos singing so much!

So this has been quite a memorable trip for Nelson.. Heartbreaks and heartaches all at once!
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.

Sparkler, post-Super-Bowl!

Meanwhile, has Sparkler ever been strange the last few days...

Last weekend she was on a hunger strike.. wasn't the least bit interested in food from Friday afternoon until Monday evening. I was trying all kinds of yummy cat goodies on her. If she didn't start eating in the next day or two, a vet trip was on the agenda.

But Tuesday evening she scarfed down some of her Trader Joe's Tuna for Cats, and her appetite has been back in full force.

AND... she has just blossomed since then! Up until now she has spent most of her time in the bedroom, keeping to herself and usually out of site. She'd come out among the others around meal time and wait for me to bring her food back to her special eating place, next to the bed.

But now she comes out into the living room a lot, hangs around with the others, even comes up on my lap some times! She has NEVER been this outgoing before.

It finally dawned on me what has been going on with her: The reason she wasn't eating all weekend was because that WASN'T her, it was her Avatar standing in for her while she was off at the Superbowl. (She hasn't got it trained to eat yet; the simulacra of the other cats eat just like their Original Models.)

Then on Monday night she was back with all the others, and they all ate just fine.

As for her new gregariousness and conviviality, I think her love affair with Merlin has reached a new level of commitment. Are they perhaps engaged now?.. just in time for Valentine's Day!

Slick, how has Merlin been since he got home?
    Death thought about it.

Quote Originally Posted by phesina View Post
    I saw Nelson last night. He said he finally got up his courage and declared his love to his heartthrob kittie sweetie (who still remains anonymous).. but she turned him down. She told him, "Our love can never be, my dearest, because I am promised to another." He was heartbroken.

But soon he was noticing another, a new Catmobile traveler.. And now he has the biggest crush on Bibette, he says! He is just worshiping her from afar at this point, afraid of getting burned again.

But he hopes that she is not also already sworn for, and he is working on learning a little French, perhaps a few French songs, in time for the next trip..

AND he also was watching her cute sister Lulu, who was enjoying his Sean Nos singing so much!

So this has been quite a memorable trip for Nelson.. Heartbreaks and heartaches all at once!
    I do so hope Pinot wasn't involved in this heartbreak - I'll have to see if I can get anything out of her. She hasn't mentioned her beau Rocco in a bit...I'm sure everything is fine and I'm just a nervous Mom.

Does Bibette have a beau?
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

At least we know it wasn't Angel he had his eyes on. As far as I know, she is not spoken for. She might have her eye on someone but I'm not sure who it is, if she does.
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    MY BLESSINGS:
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!