Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Calling all moms (and grandmoms)....

I would loove to be a fly on the wall for tommorrows dinner with the other parents.
    I've been boo'dMerlin my angel

Gosh Kim. So much to take in for both of you! She is due three days after my Robyn (Christiansmommy) and I think the day before Sara Loves Her Tinky (I think she is due on the 28th). There will be a population explosion here on PT this summer. I am glad you got her to smile. I think this is going to be a turning point in your relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by caseysmom
    When the time is closer we need to have a cyber baby shower

Good call! Do you intend to find out the gender?

I've been following these threads, but this is my first time posting. Congratulations! I have to agree with Cataholic that this is truly a blessing. Someone else also said this isn't the time to browbeat her. She'll learn her lesson that first night home when the little one isn't sleeping. My pregnancy was planned, and that first week sure had me rethinking my actions. Now, I don't know what I did without my little stinker.

I hope your stepdaughter will come to realize what a tremendous support you are to her. And keep those tacos coming!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Ladies, we need to stop comparing men to dogs. Dogs are loyal!" Wanda Sykes

congrats on just one baby!! and altough its a shock to all keep us posted with more news and that cyber babyshower sounds good

LOL i dont know how a 7 month preg could be thought of getting fat LOL not my case, i was just as Cataholic said, as big as a house LOL

anyway congrats grandma!!
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

WOW WOW WOW!!!!! Kim, this is almost too much for me to process. 7 months??? WHOA!! I'm flabbergasted. I can't even imagine how you must feel

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

No dust where boy toy used to be -- he doesn't know for sure yet. I'd like to be a fly on THAT wall when she tells him.

Ok folks, here's my grandbaby:
    Ths one is really easy to see

This one is a bit harder to get your bearings on but is actually a neater photo because you see all his/her features

Wow, two and a half months -- not much time is there? And last week my babies were my cats and I was dreaming of a puppy. Guess a puppy is out of the question for a while, eh? We'll have our hands full with an infant!

I shold take a photo of her -- when she's done the shock. Its really only been one week where she loos obviously pregnant. Up til now she just looked bloated

Wow, seven months you have been on quite the ride today. You are going to be an amazing grandma! Congrats to you.

Thank you Kay for the beautiful sig!

"We can judge the heart of man by his treatment of animals"

~Find the seed at the bottom of your heart and bring forth a flower~

Wow Kim, you are just full of surprises today!
    I guess it's a good thing it's not twins, one baby will be enough to keep you all busy!
    June is a great month for babies!
    Samantha's 18th Birthday is June 26th so if your step-daughter has her baby that day she should name it Samantha for a girl or Sam for a boy.
    RIP sweet Samantha
    6/26/88-8/28/08
    ----------------------------

Milly & Izzy

I tell you one thing, she was in some mighty serious denial to think for a second that the baby moving was indigestion.. By this time, that little thing was stretching, kicking, doing flips and stuff, especially at night when she was trying to sleep!

JUNE? Hay! That shower better get in the works asap! Shucks, and I have to go to work next week and will be gone for 4 weeks.... DOG GONE! Maybe you can do it in MAY and I will be home... I am SOooooo excited for you Kim. This opens another whole new world to you, a whole new "role", new shoes to fill... So EXCITING! I am so happy I could just dance, dance, dance!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Wow Kim! What a day for you guys! I'm sure you are all in shock and have a ton of different emotions going on- I know I do and I was planning on a baby! The U/S pictures are amazing! Congratulations and good luck with dealing/sorting everything out!
    Chris

WOWZA! What a rollercoaster ride this thread is. I've been gone all day and now I sit down to read this. First I fell off my seat at the two heartbeats. Once I climbed back up and read on to discover she is 7 months along with just one I had to stop to pick my chin up off the desk. WOW!!!! Things are moving quickly here!

If it affected me this way I can't imagine how you guys must feel.

From Decker with Love

yikes..

denial - you didn't know, two heartbeats to seven months.. jeez. at least something took your grandjaime into a better path of life, sooner than later - new june girl, think it as must be for a reason.

warm thoughts for everyone and for the baby too! and congrats grandkim.

(I'd love to have twins someday)
    rest and sleep softly sweet locke..

7 MONTHS?!?! And she didn't know? Gosh, she must have been in serious denial. Wouldn't it be obvious by now? Wasn't she feeling tired/sick at the beginning of pregnancy? Didn't she notice the disappearance of periods? Couldn't she FEEL the baby? Notice the greater food cravings? Had to go to the bathroom more often...?

I've never been pregnant, but I have a feeling the signs kick in much sooner than that. Especially if she's been having sex...how wouldn't the pregnancy thought have hit her? I think what shocked me more than the fact that she's pregnant is that in 7 months, she DIDN'T KNOW! How? She must have had a feeling at least. I can't believe she wouldn't have had a feeling, knowing she's been involved with her boyfriend, and that her body and feelings were suddenly changing. Wow.

What is the reaction of her father? Brother and sister? Are they beginning to adjust to the idea that they're going to be grandpa, uncle, and aunt? He he he. What about your stepdaughter? How is she feeling about this? She has ONLY 2 more months before she becomes a MOMMY!

But, thank God its just one little baby. Congrats grandma. This is your first time having an infant in the house, right? You're going to have FUN once you get over the shock and dismay. No matter what the situation, babies are completely innocent, beautiful, a miracle from God, and pure joy.

Congratulations! I hope once the shock wears off that you will all be able to celebrate the new addition to your family!

It sounds like your step-daughter was in major denial, but it is actually quite possible for a woman to be well along in a pregnancy and not know it. I used to work with a young woman who it happened to. A nurse called me from the hospital telling me that she was asking for me to come in the delivery room with her. I told her she had the wrong number! I had seen the girl a few days before. She had gained weight, but not in a way that made her look pregnant. She looked healthy as she had needed to gain a few pounds! After some explaining from the nurse, I drove to the hospital and was present for the birth of a beautiful, healthy 6 pound baby girl! (who was adopted by a couple who had been waiting a decade for her!) The nurse told us that at least once a month a woman came in thinking she had appendisitis or some major stomach problem and left with an infant!
    If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you must find the courage to live it.
    --John Irving

My goodness!!! Well, I think it's fair to say that only ONE baby is a good thing right now! I cannot believe that she is already going into her 7th month though! WOW! Well, at least you won't have to anticipate its arrival for very long, and from the looks of the ultrasound you can rest assured that it is a healthy little one!!! What a miraculous week, huh?

Gosh, not much time to waste on preparing, is there? Get those creative juices flowing, Miss Designer!!!

Hugs and Prayers!
    Kim
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!